Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Yeah if Herbie, Keenan and Mike Williams weren’t all dead that would have been a vintage Bills meltdown vs a team that just allowed 60 to the Raiders.

Okay but what if Staley was still coaching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

Okay but what if Staley was still coaching?

They lose that game by 20

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

Cameron Dicker rules

He does! (silver linings)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jesus how bad was Brandon Staley?!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

Cameron Dicker rules

He was clutch af

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The bengals were due to drop one with jake browning and no chase I dont think Zac Taylor told him to throw 3 ints

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Jesus how bad was Brandon Staley?!

the Raiders scored 63 points on them and could've scored more with him. AFTER the Raiders lost a game to the Vikings by 3. In a game where the Vikings only scored a single field goal

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Defensive wunderkind who consistently had some of the worst defenses even after the cheap rear end chargers dumped tons of money onto that side of the ball. O, and squandered herbie’s rookie contract

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

They lose that game by 20

They played pretty well and stay in the top 5 of the draft. Seems pretty good to me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

They played pretty well and stay in the top 5 of the draft. Seems pretty good to me.

Oh, yeah. This was the best case scenario

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Cameron Dicker rules

As you know:

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1737619245687820301

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spread the goddamn word

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

Oh, yeah. This was the best case scenario

And Stick looks like he could maybe possibly be a serviceable backup. Best chargers game of the year probably

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nah that was still Minnesota or Detroit

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Well, we'll know for sure this time next year.

Yeah sure next year is when we’ll know.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NBC just said Tomlin's getting extended

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1738970725510189352

Saleh and Douglas safe

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Worst owner in pro sports.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Saleh is whatever (I think he might do well in a second HC job but isn't working for the Jets, assuming any coach can actually find long-term success there), but keeping Joe Douglas is baffling. Forget the whole QB stuff, just the OL alone is enough to deserve being fired.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Hitting on Sauce and a good Wilson probably saved his rear end. That and the Rodgers mulligan year and Woody incompetence too of course

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Eh, you've mortgaged your future for the Aaron Rodgers experiment. You don't cut Saleh and Douglas loose until you're ready to cut bait on Rodgers.

Which I fully expect to happen after next year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The jets as an organization doesn't care about winning.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Q_res posted:

Eh, you've mortgaged your future for the Aaron Rodgers experiment. You don't cut Saleh and Douglas loose until you're ready to cut bait on Rodgers.

They haven't even had the balls to fire Zach at the end of either last season or this season

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

jets should bring back the exact same roster they started the year with, surely it'll work out this time

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
jets gonna jet

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jets deserve to be failures - absolutely idiotic decision.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Q_res posted:

Yeah that's kinda it. They were probably safe the instant Rodgers got hurt. Bad for the team or not this is a sunk cost situation and all the hype they got this year could theoretically just go into next year with some hopeful upgrades.

They all sink or swim on Rodgers now

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chris James 2 posted:

NBC just said Tomlin's getting extended

They can't let him go into a lame duck year, and they haven't tried the thing where they make him cleanout his entire staff yet like the did to Cowher twice, so this seems in character for the Rooneys

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Saleh is so bad I have no clue why they want to run it back with him.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Kirios posted:

Saleh is so bad I have no clue why they want to run it back with him.

Rodgers is in charge now. Rodgers likes that Saleh keeps his hands off the offense.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah it's just for Rodgers, he wouldn't be happy with the disruption of a coaching change when he already has his OC, and management can easily cope that his injury was just a fluke that delayed the inevitable success of the Rodgers experiment for one year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm sure Joe Douglas who has hosed up the OL for every year he's been here as GM will make all the right moved this offseason. No worries there. They probably just played themselves out of MHJR and the 2 elite tackles in the draft today too which is what the jets do.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure Joe Douglas who has hosed up the OL for every year he's been here as GM will make all the right moved this offseason. No worries there. They probably just played themselves out of MHJR and the 2 elite tackles in the draft today too which is what the jets do.

Mel Kiper thinks Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington is a good LT prospect but perhaps a great LG prospect. Kind of like Alijah Vera-Tucker :haw:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think even Commie fans have given up on the team because Rivera is almost certainly not going to be the coach anymore, to the point that no one is bothering to post about it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if matt eberflus saves his job i am going to lose my loving mind

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fire Sean Payton for that blunder.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think even Commie fans have given up on the team because Rivera is almost certainly not going to be the coach anymore, to the point that no one is bothering to post about it.

Yeah they're just going through the motions right now, everyone is just waiting for the off-season.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

R.D. Mangles posted:

if matt eberflus saves his job i am going to lose my loving mind

You can tell they REALLY want to keep him too. If Poles fires his rear end it would do a lot to boost my confidence in him as a GM. So far I think he’s been…better than average at acquiring talent.

It took Eberflus about a year and a half to get his defense to be Good, which they are. But everything else? Had to fire two coaches in disgrace. 3 historic collapses. Bad challenges, bad time management, bad game management in general. Lordy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Raiders need to lock down Antonio Pierce, that defense was insane today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I think it’s time to remove the interim tag.