Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
That botanical garden could make a good Arrakeen Conservatory with a little work

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

maybeadracula posted:

That botanical garden could make a good Arrakeen Conservatory with a little work

Huh, IMDB doesn't have a confirmed Fenring in the listing, although seems like speculation is that it'll be Tim Blake. There is a "Lady Margot" listed but honestly neither really needs the other to play their own role.

So what I'm saying is, design me Margot and Hasimir based on currently existing minifig pieces.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
gonna be hard to put stickers on the bottom of leaf pieces

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ok ok ok, now it’s done. The bottom of the At-Te was way to flat and the 4 other footpads were way to small

https://imgur.com/a/Q1SHStQ

Can’t see the underside from those but it’s way more rounded

Dropped the rear, raised the front and moved some of the details on the plate armor around. Only thing left to do now is find a place to put it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 21, 2023

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022
Was super late doing the holiday sets this year, but I've managed to make a good enough base. I converted the elf house and santa's visit house (the light blue one) to be smaller and with a closed backs, and on the back of holiday main street I've just slapped together a back wall (and one extra front) with just random leftovers. I'll be getting the proper sand green and tan pieces soon, so they will at least look nice.

Still need to figure out a way to decorate the flat ground somehow, because a straight plate is really boring.

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer

Saithir posted:

Still need to figure out a way to decorate the flat ground somehow, because a straight plate is really boring.

Bunch of white slope pieces like the bottom of the probe droid?

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Destroyenator posted:

Bunch of white slope pieces like the bottom of the probe droid?

I ran out of slopes already, but that's also an option :)

I was thinking about making some kind of tiled wide sidewalk with extra wedge plates for snow - all that between tracks and buildings and in a T like the sleds/carriage are standing now, but I need to see how many tiles I'm missing until it looks decent.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Saithir posted:

I ran out of slopes already, but that's also an option :)

I was thinking about making some kind of tiled wide sidewalk with extra wedge plates for snow - all that between tracks and buildings and in a T like the sleds/carriage are standing now, but I need to see how many tiles I'm missing until it looks decent.

1x1 tiles? Plates?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mini Ninjago city. Huh.

I really think it is time for mini modulars 2. But what do I know?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That mini Ninjago is rad, but I'm not going to time a big purchase just to get it. Maybe I'll brinklink the pieces.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Mini Ninjago city. Huh.
Wait. What.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
1:44 in.

https://youtu.be/7eeI0biM_k8?si=WmcxuLEVpil8DHR5

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
GWP for a new Ninjago City set? :ohdear:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

GWP for a new Ninjago City set? :ohdear:

Hmm, the last Ninjago City set was like 6 months ago, so it seems unlikely they'd do another big one like that so soon. The existing four were from 2017, 2018, 2021 and now 2023. Those are all big "modular" ones, maybe they'll start doing smaller Ninjago City sets? Or maybe not

Guessing it could be a GWP just in general?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
GWP for the markets to try to get people to buy it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Please don’t release it at as GWP.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Pet peeve is when people call sets by their numbers instead of their names, classic space guys are really bad about this. You guys really got all these numbers memorized? I don't think I could list a single set number from memory.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Sloppy posted:

Pet peeve is when people call sets by their numbers instead of their names, classic space guys are really bad about this. You guys really got all these numbers memorized? I don't think I could list a single set number from memory.

Just gave my mother a cool 10185 as a christmas present, 100% complete of course :smugdog:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Saithir posted:

Was super late doing the holiday sets this year, but I've managed to make a good enough base. I converted the elf house and santa's visit house (the light blue one) to be smaller and with a closed backs, and on the back of holiday main street I've just slapped together a back wall (and one extra front) with just random leftovers. I'll be getting the proper sand green and tan pieces soon, so they will at least look nice.

You could do a shoveled sidewalk in grey with snow piled up between street and sidewalk, or cobble stones or what not. Build what is showing THROUGH the snow.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sloppy posted:

I'm glad I don't actually care but yeah the number is completely useless, I'm not going to go google that so I can understand your post. It's like the people who name cities by their airport code. I will just happily never know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm glad I don't actually care but yeah the number is completely useless, I'm not going to go google that so I can understand your post. It's like the people who name cities by their airport code. I will just happily never know what the gently caress you're talking about.

BKK

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

I think the people who do it think it's a flex, but really it's just annoying and super dweeby.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The burger king got to take kilcoy?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Sloppy posted:

I definitely agree, but if I see the number 8880, I can't pretend I don't get a powerful longing.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

GlenMR posted:

I definitely agree, but if I see the number 8880, I can't pretend I don't get a powerful longing.

Same but 80085.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TBH, the only place I've ever heard people refer to by the airport code is BKK. It seems to be a pretty common usage. Are other places referred to in the same way?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

TBH, the only place I've ever heard people refer to by the airport code is BKK. It seems to be a pretty common usage. Are other places referred to in the same way?

JAX

but it's basically just short for Jacksonville, audibly

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Some people call National Airport "DCA." Only the unclean and unwashed call it Reagan National.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
LAX was in that Miley song

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Referring to Lego sets by their numbers is like referring to Animorphs books by their actual titles.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Grand Fromage posted:

i think my big thing with the lego numbers is that there doesn't seem to be any loving rhyme or reason to them. if all the castle sets were like 6-something, or they all ended in 6 or somethign that made it easy to differentiate from other sets. with other numbers to differentiate on the size of the set and if minifigures are in it and the year its released and so on.

there might have been some method to the madness at some point and now it just feels like madness with no method

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tbh I'm barely even a Lego guy and I only used the numbers for space in the meme and to make people look up what random crap I picked from what years, I just sometimes get possessed by the spirit of shitpost and need to put an intrusive thought into the world.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Waltzing Along posted:

SFO and LAX for sure as far as CA airports go.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

ROJO posted:

This, and also, all of the several people I know from Toronto refer to Pearson airport as YYZ (or, more accurately, "YYZed").

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Reading the original question is it “is the airport referred to by its code?” or like the whole city/area whatever

I know a lot of airports referred to by their codes but I don’t know of any places that go by airport code. Area codes, sure

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

veni veni veni posted:

I think the people who do it think it's a flex, but really it's just annoying and super dweeby.

I refer to Classic sets by numbers, but I am a super dweeb.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ROJO posted:

Naw. No one in LA calls LA LAX. No one in SF calls SF SFO. But people in Bangkok do call the city BKK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dogen posted:

Reading the original question is it “is the airport referred to by its code?” or like the whole city/area whatever

I know a lot of airports referred to by their codes but I don’t know of any places that go by airport code. Area codes, sure

Yep. I've heard lots of places referred to by area code. But only Bangkok as BKK. That's just my experience. Odds are there are other locations that do it, as well.