Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm debating a new Farthouse thread. The current one was opened in 2017 and hasn't had any activity since July. We're due for a new one but It's also true that the TFF art scene has slowed down a lot.

I found some pics of NFL sheets that Sears sold in the 70's and I thought they might make goo avatars.

The set of sheets looked like this;

Cleaned up the images look like this,

And as an avatar,

There are multiple pics out there so I've got good reference material. BTW, I had these as a kid. They were this as a piece a paper, which is not good for Minnesota winters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spent literally hours prepping food for four people. "Oh we have another three coming for dinner".

gently caress sake.

There's plenty of food in the house but now it's like, cool everyone gets less than half a portion of what I've prepared. Or 4 people get an actual meal. And i get to fight for kitchen space.

So glad I spent a small fortune and hours preparing everything.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm debating a new Farthouse thread. The current one was opened in 2017 and hasn't had any activity since July. We're due for a new one but It's also true that the TFF art scene has slowed down a lot.

I found some pics of NFL sheets that Sears sold in the 70's and I thought they might make goo avatars.

The set of sheets looked like this;

And as an avatar,

There are multiple pics out there so I've got good reference material. BTW, I had these as a kid. They were this as a piece a paper, which is not good for Minnesota winters.

Dang, forget the avatar, I’d take those sheets on my bed now, they look cool as hell

BlindSite posted:

Spent literally hours prepping food for four people. "Oh we have another three coming for dinner".

gently caress sake.

There's plenty of food in the house but now it's like, cool everyone gets less than half a portion of what I've prepared. Or 4 people get an actual meal. And i get to fight for kitchen space.

lol, as a matter of course I prepare double what I ever need, ostensibly for just such an emergency but really so I can gorge myself on whatever good poo poo I made, and if I have something for unexpected guests it’s an added bonus.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

Diving?

lmao

Darth Brooks posted:

And as an avatar,

This would have been a great av for the early Millen Lions when their best player was their kicker.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Dang, forget the avatar, I’d take those sheets on my bed now, they look cool as hell

You can find some sheets on Ebay. 30 to 50 bucks or so. The drawings were based on real players apparently. The Bills one looks like O.J. Simpson and since it was the 70's the Redskins name was still the thing. I like the square that's just AFC or NFC.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Onimusha show on Netflix? poo poo why not. Nostalgia cause I beat one of the games on PS2 way back when

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

gently caress sake.

Oof

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also today was our 9 year anniversary. gently caress that’s flown by

2 kids a dog and a house

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I managed to salvage everything but slapping together a beer based pizza dough that and throwing some prawns on ice with a rocket and watermelon salad.

loving annoying though. I could have catered for any number. Just don't tell me last minute.

Oh well. Bottle of tempranillo made it bearable.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I wonder why there's a split between calling it arugula & rocket, like with eggplant & aubergine*. I mean I get why here in the US we call it canola oil instead of rapeseed …

*I did find it funny that in Archer Lana named her daughter Aubergine as that is a roundabout racial slur for black folks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

gently caress sake.

Ouch. Sucks dude.

Mother-in-law but once invited a bunch of relatives over to our house because we were hosting one of he cousins from Germany who was in Boston for some work thing. I though we were gonna have 4 people, I think it turned into 16 because "hey everyone, So-and-so hardly ever comes to the states why don't you come visit while she's here!"

We at least had a couple of days notice after the final tally but that was a bit a of a shock.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Onimusha show on Netflix? poo poo why not. Nostalgia cause I beat one of the games on PS2 way back when

Fun fact: I mentioned one of the games in my honors thesis. There was a tenuous connection because several of the villains had names ripped directly from Shakespeare's plays.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'll admit I just did that yesterday ("oh yeah sorry I am actually going to show up and bring one of my brothers also") BUT in my defense I am bringing a 9lb ham, a tray of scalloped cheese potatoes, and a cheesecake.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Bird in a Blender posted:

You know, I liked Christmas a lot more before I had a kid.

Really, why? I like it a lot more now that I have one.

In other news I went to go grill last night, opened it up, and two mice were staring up at me. Gave up for the night, wasn't mentally ready for that

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wanna see a dead body

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1738955695939022908?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/FLHouseDems/status/1738241502650765808?s=20

It’s a shame DeSantis is such a wanton shithead with actual power because otherwise he would be really funny.

Those boots get me every time though.

Norman Rockwell couldn’t paint anything better than this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

trevorreznik posted:

Really, why? I like it a lot more now that I have one.

Mostly because every year my house fills up with more plastic junk. I then get to spend the week after Christmas sorting through toys and taking them to the thrift store to be “donate” when I know I’m mostly just transferring the job of throwing it away to someone else. Everyone wants to know what your kid wants for Christmas, and we have like 6 different people who want to buy him things. We end up with a lot of duplicate stuff, or just general crap because someone felt obligated to get him toys. All this plastic junk gives me anxiety.

Meanwhile, all the things I used to enjoy, taking time off work, seeing friends visiting from out of state, doing some home projects, all get pushed aside because I have a kid who is home from school for two weeks and I need to find things to do with him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mostly because every year my house fills up with more plastic junk.

This is a constant battle. We haven’t even gotten through the birthday gift processing yet.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Thanks for the support. Have a picture of a ferocious hunter in his blind to bring you joy on this Eve of Christmas.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a sexual elk posted:

Also today was our 9 year anniversary. gently caress that’s flown by

2 kids a dog and a house

wife and i hit 15 a few days ago. (if i hadn't gotten divorcedthe first time and stayed married to my first wife we'd have hit 28 years this year wtf)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Traveling for the holidays, I saw a fancy looking Corvette pull into a Piggly Wiggly

Guess I know where his grocery budget went

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Mostly because every year my house fills up with more plastic junk. I then get to spend the week after Christmas sorting through toys and taking them to the thrift store to be “donate” when I know I’m mostly just transferring the job of throwing it away to someone else. Everyone wants to know what your kid wants for Christmas, and we have like 6 different people who want to buy him things. We end up with a lot of duplicate stuff, or just general crap because someone felt obligated to get him toys. All this plastic junk gives me anxiety.

Meanwhile, all the things I used to enjoy, taking time off work, seeing friends visiting from out of state, doing some home projects, all get pushed aside because I have a kid who is home from school for two weeks and I need to find things to do with him.

Makes sense. I'm stuck in a semi-hoarder house so a few more items don't bother me too much. I've also pushed a lot for Legos as gifts over the last 3 years because worst case I can play with them down the road.

I actually don't like my kid's shift to wanting video games, even if it does mean less clutter.

As for the people to see, that ship has sailed a long time ago due to everyone's marital Christmas obligations. Very rare for anyone to be around at the same time. It's cool you're even getting to do a modicum of that.

And taking time off work gives me anxiety so it's funny to read someone who looks forward to it. I worked hourly jobs for a decade to scrape by and hated missing those hours, and even now at a salaried job I just worry about everything piling up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Traveling for the holidays, I saw a fancy looking Corvette pull into a Piggly Wiggly

Guess I know where his grocery budget went

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEylCwkSxE

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

:poland:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxtjwFp7fRE

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Huh, Cleveland does have culture as seen at the Cleveland Museum of Art…

…by borrowing it from other cultures. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Huh, Cleveland does have culture as seen at the Cleveland Museum of Art…

…by borrowing it from other cultures. :v:

That's most Museums of Art. Ask anyone in Egypt about their opinion on the British Museum of Art.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I do admit I ran out of time to see the Cleveland Museum of Art's contemporary wing.

The rest of the museum this still pretty cool though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Cleveland Art Museum is great and also free. Now go to Lake View Cemetery.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Just watching the game with my dad (who is napping) and Emmy:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Merry Christmas, y'all. I'm sober, my fiancée is coming over with baked ziti in a little bit and I'm home instead of in a hospital bed. (Edit: And my landlord gave me the OK to adopt a cat, despite a "no pets" clause in my lease; we're going to go to the humane society after the new year.)

Love all y'all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Post pics of the kitty. And I'm glad you're doing better.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Timby posted:

Merry Christmas, y'all. I'm sober, my fiancée is coming over with baked ziti in a little bit and I'm home instead of in a hospital bed. (Edit: And my landlord gave me the OK to adopt a cat, despite a "no pets" clause in my lease; we're going to go to the humane society after the new year.)

Love all y'all.

Hell yeah, merry Christmas. I hope you find a cat who purrs loudly

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hope the good luck streak continues! Merry Christmas

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Back from the Cleveland Museum of Art & watching Elf with my friends' kids while waiting for the other family arrives. After that we should be watching Muppet Christmas Carol , which should be a first for the kids. :kimchi:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Merry Christmas Timby. Glad things are getting better.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Android Apocalypse posted:

After that we should be watching Muppet Christmas Carol , which should be a first for the kids. :kimchi:

We watched that last week as we were putting up and decorating the tree.

drat movie brings me to tears every single time. Reminds me of when I was a kid and the holidays were the time that the beatings stopped. :smith:

But instead I smiled.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Merry Christmas Timby and that sounds like an excellent way to celebrate the holidays.

I currently have 3 cats on my lap and hoping to lure the 4th down from her spot on the cat tree.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
merry christmas from the outside cats that hang around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Timby posted:

Love all y'all.

You think it's baked ziti but she was just excitedly describing her new playbook to you.

Merry Christmas!