Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Ask him who won the Grand Final last year, he wouldn't know. Hand him a cricket bat and he wouldn't know which end is the handle. Tell him you've started experimenting using Coriander in your home made spaghetti sauce, he will look at you blankly. Or start describing the problems you had changing the flat tire on your new car, or the exhausting joys of caring for your newborn and you are confronted with a glassy eyed faraway stare
Everyone stares glassy eyed at me when I talk to them about cricket or coriander, it must be their He-Man collections' fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Slugworth posted:

Everyone stares glassy eyed at me when I talk to them about cricket or coriander, it must be their He-Man collections' fault.

Yeah, grand final, cricket, and coriander, plenty of people who aren't toy shut in's might give you a bit of blank stare with those topics.

Now if you want to start a conversation anyone should be able to relate to, 17th century surgeries is where it's at.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Seems like a good dog

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

It's shitter on the inside

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://i.imgur.com/2EkP8gh.mp4

imagine being this nostalgia poisoned

Not gonna lie, kid me would've killed for all the MOTU and Star Wars stuff in this room.

At least the guy has a dog, which means he has some semblance of a life, so I really can't be too hard on him.

What frightens me more is that in 40 years' time people will post videos of their basements filled with wall to wall Funko Pops and people will go "Not gonna lie, kid me would've killed for all the Funko stuff in this room".

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
:hmmyes:

Funko Pops should really have a safety mechanism built in that if there are to many collected in one spot they gain sentience and killer their owner.

By too many I of course mean like anything over three or four.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Very easy to do by adding a minute amount of radioisotopes.
You may ask about the potential problems of recycling said Pops, only for the corporation to laugh in your face.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

dr_rat posted:

:hmmyes:

Funko Pops should really have a safety mechanism built in that if there are to many collected in one spot they gain sentience and killer their owner.

By too many I of course mean like anything over three or four.

I think they need to reach like ignition temperature and burn down the lair

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That will require a significantly higher amount of radioisotopes, but it can be done.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ahh better living through chemistry fun atoms!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Scratch Monkey posted:

How’s your star wars figure collection coming along?

wanna see my star wars figure receptable

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you tell me you’re putting cilantro in spaghetti sauce I’m gonna look at you real weird too

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you tell me you’re putting cilantro in spaghetti sauce I’m gonna look at you real weird too

Are you… eating your Star Wars figures?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ChubbyChecker posted:

wanna see my star wars figure receptable

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
man compares discrimination against literal kiddie diddlers to that of black folk
tw/spoilered for the N word
https://www.donaldwatkins.com/post/chomos-the-new-niggers-by-donald-v-watkinscopyrighted-and-published-on-july-11-2021as-chomos

Be sure to read the comments as well

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
goons are so fixated on the nerdbasement that you know they're fuckin projecting

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
People spend money on all kinds of poo poo, and capitalism is delighted to facilitate any of it for the right price. I guess my feeling - and what makes me pull a sour face in thinking about it - is that it’s so inert. These aren’t toys to play with; they simply sit, so a guy who’s (hopefully) got mountains of positive memories about these things can have their most passive possible representation stare back at him. It’s showing off membership in a club of nostalgia, and at this point in my life I’m pretty intent not to wallow in that, so yeah, to put it diplomatically, it’s a choice I would not make.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Some people just like making displays of stuff. Toys, guns, stamps, paintings, jars of ashes that used to be Hitler paintings, there's all kinds of stuff.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Having a weird shrine to garbage toys churned out with the express purpose of selling endless amounts of soulless tat is pretty tasteless and cringe, but it's also pretty harmless. Y'all getting way too worked up over this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh I want to jump in the bucket and exercise my right to superiority too! Which level of recursion do I go on?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
That's why I invest in fine art paintings of Funko pop collections.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mind the walrus posted:

Oh I want to jump in the bucket and exercise my right to superiority too! Which level of recursion do I go on?

Any represented by a prime number

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
To clarify, I don’t care that the guy collects and displays things. It’s the regressive, stunted nature of it that’s cursed. Grown rear end adults who go insane lengths fetishizing their childhood creepy me out. To me, that’s a person totally uninvested in the present and, by extension, the future of the world. Nostalgia is the drug of the cowardly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The future sucks though so I can totally understand wanting to hold onto the past

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Scratch Monkey posted:

To clarify, I don’t care that the guy collects and displays things. It’s the regressive, stunted nature of it that’s cursed. Grown rear end adults who go insane lengths fetishizing their childhood creepy me out. To me, that’s a person totally uninvested in the present and, by extension, the future of the world. Nostalgia is the drug of the cowardly.

So you'd be fine if he collected stuff you were into?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://i.imgur.com/UHAjYKx.mp4

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
I was going to post something, but nah...I can't follow this.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How did they get enough semen to fill that tank?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

McGavin posted:

How did they get enough semen to fill that tank?

PM me.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scratch Monkey posted:

Sorry about world peace everyone, I was too busy working on my cabbage patch kids collection

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i spend all my disposable income on synthesizers like a respectable adult.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The guy with the firework in his mouth is us willfully entering this thread and the firework is the nodule story

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

flubber nuts posted:

i spend all my disposable income on synthesizers like a respectable adult.

........I think I can count 11 from where I'm sitting, right now. Don't judge me. They make the beep boops. (e: y'all know what I'm talking about then when I say things like MS-20 and Model D but don't make fun of my Volcas)

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 24, 2023

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://i.imgur.com/2EkP8gh.mp4

imagine being this nostalgia poisoned

Stop doxxing Ernest Cline pls

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Catastrophe posted:

........I think I can count 11 from where I'm sitting, right now. Don't judge me. They make the beep boops. (e: y'all know what I'm talking about then when I say things like MS-20 and Model D but don't make fun of my Volcas)

:cool::hf::cheers:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

caspergers posted:

man compares discrimination against literal kiddie diddlers to that of black folk
tw/spoilered for the N word
https://www.donaldwatkins.com/post/chomos-the-new-niggers-by-donald-v-watkinscopyrighted-and-published-on-july-11-2021as-chomos

Be sure to read the comments as well

White supremacists and many drug dealers in the inmate population view sex offenders as the new "n******" of the prison system and they treat them as such. Sex offenders are beneath everyone else. Black inmates no longer have the dubious honor of being the group at the bottom of the rung of prison life. They have been replaced by sex offenders,

So… that’s progress right? Now you are getting denigrated due to your actions instead of your skin color?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Why does the nerd basement feel like some kind of converted church basement? Like that side room you can peek into near the end looks like a presentation room since it seems to be largely empty and with bleachers on the far wall.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Crab Dad posted:

White supremacists and many drug dealers in the inmate population view sex offenders as the new "n******" of the prison system and they treat them as such. Sex offenders are beneath everyone else. Black inmates no longer have the dubious honor of being the group at the bottom of the rung of prison life. They have been replaced by sex offenders,

So… that’s progress right? Now you are getting denigrated due to your actions instead of your skin color?

I think he's specifically mad about being called a chomo. Like "How dare you call me a child molester! I only rape adults!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

No Trash Monster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

No Trash Monster?

Look beloved celebrity world over, rich evens may have a horrible taste in movies but you don't just come out and say it like this!