Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Joe Montana. LOLOL.

Tom Brady. LMAO.

Brett Favre. Holy poo poo lol.

All QBs, except Trey Lance, have stupid names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

AndrewP posted:

“Mahomes” isn’t exactly a classic Football Guy name either but you get used to it

Bortles had no chance, though

Having a funny name did get him eternal fame in The Good Place at least

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"Brock" is a cool QB first name and "Purdy" is great for how easy it is to generate banner headlines.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i like dumb qb names

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Brock purdy is a name made up by anime localizers in the 90s

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DREW LOCK is a cool name imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Parallax posted:

sleve mcdichael-rear end name. brock hanging out with todd bonzalez and the rortugal brothers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm going to put it all on the line here: there have been very few nfl quarterbacks who have ever had as cool of a name as Rex Grossman

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Joe Montana is the most QB name, confirmed goat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

johnny utah

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

somewhere before brock purdy was ever willed into existence there existed someone with two bulldogs and their names were brock and purdy

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

How does Brocks brother score on QB names?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Easton Stick

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I wish Colt McCoy was good - that’s the GOAT of QB names.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So far Bryce has air mailed both of his third down passes to open receivers.

I guess they needed to get more open

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios posted:

I wish Colt McCoy was good - that’s the GOAT of QB names.

him being QB at texas with that name owned, he was pretty good college qb. got to see him go against College RG3 who was keeping baylor competitive in a game they had no chance at winning by being a football god.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

How does Brocks brother score on QB names?

WOAT

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Plays great in the Midwest. Great college QB name for the big 10 or maybe the Big 12, but I don't want to see him in the NFL.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

BiggerBoat posted:

"Brock" is a cool QB first name and "Purdy" is great for how easy it is to generate banner headlines.

Whenever I hear the name Brock all I can think about is Brock Turner the dumpster rapist

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I don't think Nick Mullens is gonna be the answer for anyone :(

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Black Sunshine posted:

Whenever I hear the name Brock all I can think about is Brock Turner the dumpster rapist

I (correctly) think of Brock, gym leader of Pewter City.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I think of brock samson

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

him being QB at texas with that name owned, he was pretty good college qb. got to see him go against College RG3 who was keeping baylor competitive in a game they had no chance at winning by being a football god.

He should have been allowed to wear a Stetson Helmet and a holster

Black Sunshine posted:

I don't know that dude

First things I think of are Lesnar and Brock Landers from "Angels Own my Town" in Boogie Nights. Not the worst start.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Waltzing Along posted:

Joe Montana. LOLOL.

Tom Brady. LMAO.

Get ready for the next great Ohio State quarterback in 3-4 years, Air Noland.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

whos that broooown posted:

Get ready for the next great Ohio State quarterback in 3-4 years, Air Noland.

There's no rule in the rulebook that says a dog can't play quarterback!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
QB names should be succinct without gimmicks. The Colt McCoys of the world stand no chance to be a quality NFL QB. The length of the first and last name should not exceed more than 4 syllables. Watch out for QBs whose first name is two syllables and their last name is one syllable. The Derek Carrs of the world will burn you.

Other things that matter with QB prospects that's a direct correlation to success: how many teammates congratulate them after a rushing TD, how hot their girlfriend is, how much dawg they possess, and can they ball?.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know that dude

If you want to get really angry, look it up. Dude basically got away with rape because he's rich and the judge was openly in the pocket of said rich family

"Yes, my son raped this girl but his life would be adversely affected by going to prison, won't someone think of him!"

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the GOAT qb name is Johnny Unitas

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don’t like when qb names that flow like Michael Vick, Patrick Mahomes, and Cameron Newton are shortened to Mike, pat, cam for some reason

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

there are scared rules to QB Names and only a few exceptions get through. you need an "All-American" first name (which runs a lengthy gamut) and a fun but not too ridiculous of a last name...unless it's VERY ridiculous and then it actually helps (think Roethlisberger...who would have been a disaster if he went by Benjamin and not Ben)

Dan Marino? one of the best QB names ever. he would have absolutely flopped if he was Daniel Marino. Joseph Montana? Thomas Brady? dogshit!

but then you have the exceptions like Matthew Stafford. by all accounts he would have been fine with just Matt but he pushed the boundaries and stuck to the full name

Brock Purdy is a succinct and stout name and it flows perfectly. names like Jimmy Garoppolo and Teddy Bridgewater are almost arrogant in their attempts at being great QB names and thus they could never reach the elite status (unlike Joe Flacco, an absolute layup of a great QB name)

a great QB name has to be something you can wistfully imagine Pat Summerall slurring during a late 90s broadcast as a crowd roars its approval. JP Losman never stood a chance

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

'Dan Marino' is a great football name but ONLY for a Miami team, no way that name works in Green Bay

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

AndrewP posted:

'Dan Marino' is a great football name but ONLY for a Miami team, no way that name works in Green Bay

:hmmyes: in the same way that Bobby Hebert is the most quintessential Saints QB name but would be a nightmare anywhere else

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Trubisky busted the moment he said "Actually I prefer 'Mitchell' to 'Mitch'"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Dan Frost

Now you got me thinking of the perfect QB name every team.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Waltzing Along posted:

Joe Montana. LOLOL.

Tom Brady. LMAO.

I can’t think of a cooler name than Joe Montana. What the hell is wrong with you. Merry Christmas.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I can’t think of a cooler name than Joe Montana. What the hell is wrong with you. Merry Christmas.

It's so cool that even his nickname is Joe Cool which is redundant but whatever

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Parallax posted:

They don't call me Brock the Purdy girls for nothing!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A good QB name is something you can make fun of

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
no more wire hangers Purdy MVP talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005