Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the condolences

Sandwolf posted:

Condolences friend <3

Now as for drinking, you’re gonna whanna pick up a 6 pack of tall boys, probably Narragansett, it’s a Rhode Island beer entirely from New York, you’re gonna love it. You’re gonna whanna smash all six of those buddies over, say, a 4 hour time span. At that point, and this is important, you’re gonna whanna go to the most active Mafia game you’re participating in, and just absolutely post up a storm.

Ok the next time I do not have my son and I am home alone I’m going to do this

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t really have any drinking advice outside of try everything

I will say that I can’t help but feel the two parts of your post are interrelated and really either one could have been the catalyst for the other.

Short version in spoilers

Both were Mormon. She left the church. I didn’t at the time. About the time I realized I was done with the church too and was ready to leave, she felt (despite having been telling me we were ok) that I had been putting the church in front of her and that she was done. So now I’m not Mormon either but also am getting a divorce.

Ok all that said now it’s time to go pick my soon to be ex wife up from the airport lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I have some time off for the holidays and this looks like a fun group, I’m in!

Hey-o!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Great to play with you again, hopefully I don’t get pantsed as thoroughly as you got me in Potions, haha

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Mr. Humalong posted:

Condolences/Congratulations

I’ve been drinking since I was 19 and still have no loving idea what I’m doing. Avoid IPAs, I think they’re real bad. Try the following:

1 oz 151-proof Rum
1 oz Coconut Rum
4 oz Pineapple Juice

Half a bottle of 151 off in a jug
One cup of Malibu Rum, baby that's whassup then you
Fill the rest of the jug with pineapple juice and it's crackin'
The only defect is waking up like what happened

(I've never actually tried this but it sounds loving delicious)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Back when I did drink my default go to was always the gin and tonic, which I was frequently told is old man coded

https://youtu.be/lNUZLqkiAQ8?si=EBgqkKRcq5v2B_Jq

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Maerlyn posted:

Half a bottle of 151 off in a jug
One cup of Malibu Rum, baby that's whassup then you
Fill the rest of the jug with pineapple juice and it's crackin'
The only defect is waking up like what happened

(I've never actually tried this but it sounds loving delicious)

I would not gently caress with 151 or anything else overproof

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'll play as long as I'm not required to pretend to actually scum hunt or read the thread and can just shoot people amd everyone promises not to shoot me cause that would be mean

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Margaritas, mojitos, and mules are mmm

(so are Mai Tais, cosmopolitans, palomas, and the average cider/wine cooler, but that just messes up the synchronicity)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

The distillery idea is cool, I went to Lost Spirits in Vegas which is a fancy rum distillery/tasting room and they had a cherry rum which was soo good

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'll play as long as I'm not required to pretend to actually scum hunt or read the thread and can just shoot people amd everyone promises not to shoot me cause that would be mean

This.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

are kloaked00 or paperchaseguy still around

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Don't worry guys the mod already PMed me to let me know that I'll be receiving a machine gun so I can kill all of my scum reads night one. Leave the investigating to me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sending lots of love to you slord ❤️

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

chaoslord posted:

I will play but everyone has to be nice to me because I’m getting a divorce :colbert:

Also, for those of you who may not be aware of some Slord lore, I used to not drink! Now I drink! But I’m also 33 and new to drinking so I don’t super necessarily know where to begin so feel free to quote my posts with drink recs this game tia

Sending good thoughts.

Also may I suggest a Sandzerac, a New Orleans old fashioned that was a tribute to Sandwolf passing law school. Sazerac is the name of the real drink and it’s the best drink ever created. Also ignore the bartender, his wife behind camera and their friend sitting at the bar: we were very high when making this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXhojNiyPdU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
:siren: Second call for Discord. Second call for Discord. :siren:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It's never too late to become Catholic slord. also don't let drugs and alcohol ruin your life like it almost did mine because it sucks and isn't worth it. I'm not saying don't do drug or alcohol mind you, but know the difference between self-control and self-out-of-control

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's never too late to become Catholic slord. also don't let drugs and alcohol ruin your life like it almost did mine because it sucks and isn't worth it. I'm not saying don't do drug or alcohol mind you, but know the difference between self-control and self-out-of-control

Yeah this is good advice. I do think it’s a lot less likely to fall into a real bad way starting so late. You have like 15 years of sober adult brain patterns under your belt to fall back on, after all

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Sending good thoughts.

Also may I suggest a Sandzerac, a New Orleans old fashioned that was a tribute to Sandwolf passing law school. Sazerac is the name of the real drink and it’s the best drink ever created. Also ignore the bartender, his wife behind camera and their friend sitting at the bar: we were very high when making this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXhojNiyPdU

Sazeracs are real good.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Also you have a sonorous voice voodoo

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

Also you have a sonorous voice voodoo

I have a face and voice for radio.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote no execution

##shoot schwinn payback from The Passage

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Just leaving that so I don’t have to type on Christmas.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

shwinnebego posted:

Yeah this is good advice. I do think it’s a lot less likely to fall into a real bad way starting so late. You have like 15 years of sober adult brain patterns under your belt to fall back on, after all

Unless you are an adult leaving a repressive religious environment and are combining the exploration and rebellion that teenagers do with the income and savings of an adult.

That was my experience with my ex-wife at least.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SporkChan posted:

Unless you are an adult leaving a repressive religious environment and are combining the exploration and rebellion that teenagers do with the income and savings of an adult.

That was my experience with my ex-wife at least.

Thank goodness the Mormon church is pretty laidback

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Margaritas, mojitos, and mules are mmm

(so are Mai Tais, cosmopolitans, palomas, and the average cider/wine cooler, but that just messes up the synchronicity)

congrats on listing the entire sum of what I drink when I go out

but also yeah the only other advice I have is that if you think you feel wobbly or your perception feels off, chug an entire bottle of water and stop drinking (or finish your drink and then do that, depending on how much is left). And then try to have more water over the next hour or two

hangovers aren't fun or cool and dehydration is the most acute danger if you aren't, like, getting blackout drunk (which has its own issues) or operating machinery you really shouldn't

oh also drinking on an empty stomach exacerbates the effects of alcohol, so if you're having a drink with a meal, try to wait till you actually have your food to start drinking

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will utterly second a good meal before drinking of any kind. Drinking on an empty stomach is how bad things happen

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

If you snort vodka it will burn like hell but it'll get you drunk faster

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

Becoming Catholic - whatever
Becoming a lapsed Catholic - now that’s paper

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Oh yeah make sure to drink a Long Island Iced Tea. I promise this is unironic, as is all of my drinking advice outside of the MD 20/20

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Power of Pecota posted:

Becoming Catholic - whatever
Becoming a lapsed Catholic - now that’s paper

"papal" versus "paper" was literally RIGHT THERE

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Merry Christmas!

What is your favorite Xmas movie and why is it Black Christmas 1974?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jim Carrey’s The Grinch, Home Alone, and Love Actually

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yuming posted:

Merry Christmas!

What is your favorite Xmas movie and why is it Black Christmas 1974?

the peeking between the crease of the door scene

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's been six pages, can we get to the shooting already?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
goondolences slord, as your new unofficial spiritual advisor I will keep this brief:

Marduk rules

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm a loser I don't get the appeal of drinking :(

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Zoya posted:

my drinking advice is to drink many shots of many drinks and make sure you post while you're doing it because then you have a fun bonus game the next day of trying to decipher your illegible posts you don't remember making

I second this advice

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Jen X posted:

congrats on listing the entire sum of what I drink when I go out

but also yeah the only other advice I have is that if you think you feel wobbly or your perception feels off, chug an entire bottle of water and stop drinking (or finish your drink and then do that, depending on how much is left). And then try to have more water over the next hour or two

hangovers aren't fun or cool and dehydration is the most acute danger if you aren't, like, getting blackout drunk (which has its own issues) or operating machinery you really shouldn't

oh also drinking on an empty stomach exacerbates the effects of alcohol, so if you're having a drink with a meal, try to wait till you actually have your food to start drinking

Yeah this reminds me, a piece of advice I could give is that when I started drinking I was super careful to avoid getting out of control or getting hangovers, so I drank a glass of water as every third drink (so standard drink, standard drink, water). You get slightly more full padding it out with water so you don't go overboard with the alcohol, and also you don't feel hungover in the morning!

If you do have a hangover, a lot of places sell dehydration tablets that you drop in a glass of water to rehydrate you. But you can make it at home yourself with a glass of water, dissolve some table salt in it, and add lemon or lime juice (the main contents of those tablets are just salt and sugar). Salt is an electrolyte and will help you retain the water in your system, which is why drunk people tend to crave salty foods.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

This game not started yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted: