Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Wait, did that episode just air for the first time or something? I watched it on xfinity on demand or whatever on Sunday.

muscles like this! posted:

The show's dedication to Hayley's love of balling is great.

It gave us that amazing quick clip of Klaus clowning on Hayley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The family in general likes b-ball a lot

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You didn't check it up?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Deandre Ayton is just such a good use of that cameo

The guy is not a star and he’s a decent player but he now plays for a Portland team with no identity

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Cameo can actually be an amazing present lol. You'd think it'd be all parasocial and weird but like, folks here once set up a Cameo with Maria Bamford for a movie night and I couldn't stop internally screaming and smiling

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

MY FISH IS 58 AND A GERMAN MAN

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Brawnfire posted:

You didn't check it up?

Whaaaat? I mean, it wasn't game point or anything, right?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol that was great

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait a minute....Stan says Francine is 39 in this episode, but in Tears of a Clooney she canonically turned 40 at the end of the episode.

Boy, I hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Everyone gets fired for every blunder. That's why it's so hard to keep continuity.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait a minute....Stan says Francine is 39 in this episode, but in Tears of a Clooney she canonically turned 40 at the end of the episode.

Dreams in daytime, etc etc

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's long been apparent that the whole of American Dad only takes place over a few months (except when it doesn't) and isn't always presented to us in chronological order.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That was in one of those timelines where the family was in that CIA memory machine

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Its actually explained in the episode when Jeff goes through the wormhole and comes back to a future Earth. Stan won't let Francine age.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

limp_cheese posted:

Its actually explained in the episode when Jeff goes through the wormhole and comes back to a future Earth. Stan won't let Francine age.

I don't recall Francine being required by Stan to do the plastic surgery.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I think that was all her. Stan was more concerned with his gorilla surgeries. Presumably he actually wanted her to get turned into a monkey.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just watched the wormhole episode today! The show really likes to use the conceit of "Well, it's been one full year since [X] happened...", they've burned at least decade of time using that device across episodes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

All the episodes take place in the same year and so they all run the same one year later.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Guess I got my cartoons confused.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That is so drat creepy.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think the very episode that's from is going to air in just a few minutes on Adult Swim. Exciting.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Watched it last night and it's so drat good.

On the topic, "Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas" might be the most unabashedly sentimental episode of the series.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Which sode?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

JethroMcB posted:

Watched it last night and it's so drat good.

On the topic, "Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas" might be the most unabashedly sentimental episode of the series.

I still always lose my poo poo at the janitor just suddenly going YOU BEEN loving MY WIFE?!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Alxprit posted:

I still always lose my poo poo at the janitor just suddenly going YOU BEEN loving MY WIFE?!

That's Live Yuletide Repeat (also a fantastic episode, especially that bit) or something like that, White Porsche Christmas is when Stan wishes for Lewis' bachelor life.

I love the little peacocking montage where Stan and Roger keep doing that dumb little nod at each other.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

They've been running every Christmas episode every night I think. I had forgotten The Grounch episode. Starts strong but fall off pretty quick.

It does reinforce my idea that Klaus is an AMAZING friend and everyone should know a guy like that.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Seeing as how Season 20 (per Wikipedia's guide) is now over, I wonder when and how Season 21 will air given the strikes' impacts on production. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the 22 ordered episodes aren't ready until 2025.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I believe animation was largely spared by the strikes (they don't tend to operate under SAG/WGA rules)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

FireWorksWell posted:

That's Live Yuletide Repeat (also a fantastic episode, especially that bit) or something like that, White Porsche Christmas is when Stan wishes for Lewis' bachelor life.

I love the little peacocking montage where Stan and Roger keep doing that dumb little nod at each other.

I love Roger's dumb dance after his wish comes true for his own car as the final bit of that gag.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Alxprit posted:

I love Roger's dumb dance after his wish comes true for his own car as the final bit of that gag.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...76be34fda7ef58&

Me too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

JethroMcB posted:

I believe animation was largely spared by the strikes (they don't tend to operate under SAG/WGA rules)

https://deadline.com/2023/05/writers-strike-seth-macfarlane-exits-family-guy-american-dad-wga-showrunners-1235365362/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

... Oh no! (Good for them)

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh no no no no no, I'm not related to Stan OR Francine, I'm Steve's DIRECT Uncle.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

♪ A kid's not something I have or want to have... ♪

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Too many scary pictures getting posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh wow. The guy Haley gets to blow up the mural is the belgian guy with the tiny hands from the museum heist.