Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

He meows, I open the door. It's not always obvious that the animal at my feet is holding a mouse in his jaws. Also, once the door is open there's no easy way of stopping him from coming in. This also happens late at night when most of the lights are out.

In my experience, cats sound very different with something in their mouth. We learned to identify our Tess's mouth-full meows... And then, of course, she learned to put the mouse down before she asked to come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dabir posted:

In my experience, cats sound very different with something in their mouth. We learned to identify our Tess's mouth-full meows... And then, of course, she learned to put the mouse down before she asked to come in.

lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 26, 2023

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Sukie loves wrapping paper.

And shoes, she slept face-down on the one in the background for an hour.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Spent much of the day chasing me and scattering the stuff I was trying to clean helping me get the house back in order after the big Christmas party then slept on the back of her favourite couch she'd been without for two days cause of said house rearranging.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

After two weeks of undecorating the tree and being kitty lumberjacks at 3am, they excitedly accepted the catnip mice Christmas presents.
And as soon as we left the room, the two void gremlins grabbed the unopened package and tried to hide it under the runner in the hallway.
At some point, the dog caught a face-full of slap.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

:colbert:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My two cats kept demanding extra attention today since they mostly spent yesterday hiding from Christmas guests

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i got my cat a new litter box for christmas and she was scared of it at first but she just took a piss in there im so proud of her :)

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

FlamingLiberal posted:

My two cats kept demanding extra attention today since they mostly spent yesterday hiding from Christmas guests
My guy did the same because my sister's huge german shepherd was here. He made biscuits for like 15 minutes in one go- he doesn't do that too often and never for more than a few minutes. I think he had some stress in his shoulders that he was working out.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My lil guy saw my dad through the open door when they picked me up for lunch today and is still spooked 😞

Poor boy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

My cat and my brother's dog have finally agreed to a truce after both aggressively laying on me at the same time and incapacitating me for 2 solid hours

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The kitten saw a spider building its web outside his window and was standing up practically pressing his face against the glass trying to get it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Curled up in my armpit and insomnia-marathoned 3 whole mission impossible movies with me

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I’ve had covid and have been resting the past two days and Nurse Penny has been sleeping on my chest making sure I don’t get up and try to be productive instead of resting. :kimchi:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Got mad at me because she was hungry because she's afraid of the cleaning lady and couldn't get to her bowl

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I was eating breakfast and had to hold her back by the forehead with my left hand to prevent her from getting my wheat toast with strawberry jam lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They played so hard while I was asleep that they knocked over 2 chairs and my laundry hamper

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i love my cat. adopting her was unironically one of the best decisions i have ever made for my mental health

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Everyone should have one

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

pencilhands posted:

i love my cat. adopting her was unironically one of the best decisions i have ever made for my mental health

I can't believe I'm agreeing with anything you post but :same:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This is Kevin. He is my Dad and Stepmom’s cat, so he’s basically my brother.

He was surveying his domain.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

pencilhands posted:

Yeah, mine's really been a calming presence in my life these past few months.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I used to think dogs are cool but it turns out cats are so much cooler that dogs are obsolete, and I maintain that people who don't like cats have just never treated cats well and/or never had their own cat

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 28, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

MrMojok posted:

He’s establishing dominance

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

I used to think dogs are cool but it turns out cats are so much cooler that dogs are obsolete, and I maintain that people who don't like cats have just never treated cats well and/or never had their own cat

:emptyquote:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Dogs are dumb, cats are dope because they don't give a gently caress and are sick of your poo poo.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Blondi loved Hitler and Hitler loved Blondi, but a cat could never love Hitler and Hitler could never love a cat. QED

I do like dogs, but there's something about developing a relationship with a cat that feels special due to their comparative independence and sensitivity to things

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
Christmas sleepies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

This is one of the mice that my cat has been hauling into the house and then letting go so he can murder inside.

He had escaped the car. One night later I heard what sounded like a kitten meowing and went outside to find it. Then about 2 in the morning I heard it again and realized it was a mouse. The cat realized that at the same time and very shortly afterward he found the mouse. He must have lost track of the mouse again because the next day the cat found an cornered him under the dining room table. I got a glass lid and trapped the mouse under it (that's the short version) I got something slid under it and took the mouse outside into an area with a lot of cover.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oz discovered that if he takes a running leap at a desk chair he has enough momentum to skateboard around the room on it and he did that like 4 times until he crashed into the wall and scared himself

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Oz discovered that if he takes a running leap at a desk chair he has enough momentum to skateboard around the room on it and he did that like 4 times until he crashed into the wall and scared himself

A rad cat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MrMojok posted:

KEVIN. YOU SPENT 967 DOLLARS ON CATNIP

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

"Honey call the vet; this cat is sick!!"

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

rear end-penny posted:

I can't believe I'm agreeing with anything you post but :same:

why wouldnt you agree with my posts? im very intelligent

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ooh gonna have to disagree with you there bob

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

KEVIN. YOU SPENT 967 DOLLARS ON CATNIP

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

pencilhands posted:

why wouldnt you agree with my posts? im very intelligent

As a fellow cat haver I am not going to be mean in this posts.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

drilldo squirt posted:

As a fellow cat haver I am not going to be mean in this posts.

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Brought a (cooked) chicken drumstick in through the bathroom window and ate it in front of me.