Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
These people make me hate people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/tobymgreen/status/1739014705904300040?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Regarding the original tweet in this: I thought the backstage stage and the segments were why these people are fans? Didn’t they say they don’t watch for the wrestling?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spent $9000 at the theater only watched the amc promos. Argued online through the entirety of the features that the amc previews are better than a kerasotes previews.

Claims they’re cinephiles.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/LaMandrews69/status/1738987820667064572?t=f-134XJtkI3E2Xa7sV8KRg&s=19

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Assuming these aren’t bots: I don’t know why these people are even watching wrestling

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
my working theory is that Eddie hits real close to home for a lot of people

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fart blood posted:

Assuming these aren’t bots: I don’t know why these people are even watching wrestling

Some people are so vincepilled that they've assumed his entire philosophy on wrestling, where it's roided-out tanned white guys doing 3-5 minute squashes. Anything that deviates from that even a bit is unacceptable.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

Some people are so vincepilled that they've assumed his entire philosophy on wrestling, where it's roided-out tanned white guys doing 3-5 minute squashes. Anything that deviates from that even a bit is unacceptable.

nah, those same guys all love kevin owens. they start every single position working backwards from “wwe good”. it’s why japanese wrestling is about to become cool and good after being a bunch of flippy dudes for hardcore fans only for so long

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm with them, wrestling is for watching Gods do combat. If I want to watch people like Eddie fight I could have seen my family today

CHIVERS
Apr 28, 2004

c'est quand meme la honte
And it is awesome seeing a bum like Eddie slapping those Gods in the face.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

CHIVERS posted:

And it is awesome seeing a bum like Eddie slapping those Gods in the face.

Eddie also seems like one of those wrestlers who legit could become a serious actor -assuming he is any good at memorizing lines and doesn't just ad-lib every promo, the guy brings an intensity and understands how to make an incredibly flawed character compelling.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am pretty sure exactly what make Eddie great is that his acting isn't acting at all and everything he says comes straight from the heart

He would be incredible in a role that is written specifically for him, but outside of that I wouldn't hold my breath

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm with them, wrestling is for watching Gods do combat. If I want to watch people like Eddie fight I could have seen my family today

The Buddha is a god of sorts

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

My wife hates Eddie Kingston because she hates having to deal with that kind of dude in real life, I love him because I kind of hate having to deal with that kind of dude in real life (and have had to due to a lifetime of bar work so I root for bums like him to finally figure poo poo out).

She also doesn't like Danny Garcia (but is coming around on him due to Daddy Magic), so I suspect her Ontarian hatred of NY state accents might figure into things.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sega 32X posted:

My wife hates Eddie Kingston because she hates having to deal with that kind of dude in real life, I love him because I kind of hate having to deal with that kind of dude in real life (and have had to due to a lifetime of bar work so I root for bums like him to finally figure poo poo out).

She also doesn't like Danny Garcia (but is coming around on him due to Daddy Magic), so I suspect her Ontarian hatred of NY state accents might figure into things.

How often does your wife encounter wrestling's greatest promos irl

The337th fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 25, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sega 32X posted:

Your wife should be nicer to bums, give them a dollar and wish them merry christmas and maybe give them a VHS tape of Kawada matches.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

inthesto posted:

I am pretty sure exactly what make Eddie great is that his acting isn't acting at all and everything he says comes straight from the heart

He would be incredible in a role that is written specifically for him, but outside of that I wouldn't hold my breath

Yeah, wrestling is definitely Eddie's calling either way and I enjoy watching him

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sega 32X posted:

Is your wife that Clamdigging American Dragon Bryan Danielson?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Your wife should be nicer to bums, give them a dollar and wish them merry christmas and maybe give them a VHS tape of Kawada matches.

Also nod knowingly when they quote from Nas' Illmatic.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Eddie is a huge loser who blames everyone else for his losses and gives himself all the credit for his wins. People resonate with him because like him, they are big losers and bad people.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MotU posted:

Eddie is a huge loser who blames everyone else for his losses and gives himself all the credit for his wins. People resonate with him because like him, they are big losers and bad people.

that's not fair! he also likes the joshi I like

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
completely clampilled wife immersed in her digging arc, fully bum spitting. smdh....

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Shard posted:

Is your wife that Clamdigging American Dragon Bryan Danielson?

It would explain her concussion history, I knew there was something fishy about this whole "intramural rugby" story...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eddie Kingston is what Chris Dickinson saw in the mirror

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

a bum?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

OK, I'm definitely curious to hear you elaborate on this one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Also nod knowingly when they quote from Nas' Illmatic.

Or note that's a one hot album every ten-year average.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Where did the “AEW lawyers thought the Cornette lawyer was a fraud and he pwned them in court” meme come from

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1739224862957183198?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

OK, I'm definitely curious to hear you elaborate on this one.

Dickinson thought he was this hard edged dude with a heart of gold but concussions and whatever else is wrong with him had different plans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dickinson as the lovely version of Eddie is a pretty good description of what he was, although Dickinson's post match promos were more Davey Richards. But some I could see him wanting that Eddie connection.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

MotU posted:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
punk cant cut a promo that good anymore

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People swore they wouldn't click on a youtube video of the Stardom Samurai, but what about this. You need to hear the first 20 seconds of this. It is amazing.

https://twitter.com/SamuraiStardom/status/1739519536271880338

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

People swore they wouldn't click on a youtube video of the Stardom Samurai, but what about this. You need to hear the first 20 seconds of this. It is amazing.

This is the zodiac speaking

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I hope his dog isnt telling him to do things

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Jase Regal Memorial Thread: The fat man came down your chimney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

lol this is the kind of insane wrestling stuff I like. No racism or sexism, just someone with an insane voice modulation that would have been vetoed if they had a single person listen to it before they published the video.