Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Zachack posted:

If you live in a "booze is a food group" state Costco has marked down the cheaper whiskey advent calendar to $30. Not the fancy Scotland one, the one is a big paper-ish box, comes with a glass and coaster. It's a lot of whiskey of unknown quality!

Awww, man I wish mine had these. All they had were wine and beer advent calendars.

pencilhands posted:

I got a $100 gift card to costco for christmas. What should i get?

Two $50 Costco gift cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

A hundred bux worth of old cheddar, or as many of these as you can handle

Get bulked up with a Gallon Of Mayo A Day (GOMAD)

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

pencilhands posted:

I got a $100 gift card to costco for christmas. What should i get?

Olives and whatever bakery stuff looks good. And socks.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Kimchee

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

B33rChiller posted:

A hundred bux worth of old cheddar, or as many of these as you can handle

Get bulked up with a Gallon Of Mayo A Day (GOMAD)

:emptyquote:

e. New thread title

Costco: a Gallon Of Mayo A Day (GOMAD)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

extremely powerful

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Not the single serving packs though. Just awful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heading to the church before work because someone wasn’t happy I had an appointment before her morning walk.

That wasn’t a Costco bed if it had been it wouldn’t have happened.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 26, 2023

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

got this for xmas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If only the dogs and slices were that large. One can dream...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wasn’t bad today at all. In and out in 20 min $150 lighter

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Went today to return a Christmas tree and tried to find some post-holiday marked down whisky specials, but no markdowns yet :(

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

banging fist on self checkout
DISCOUNT WHISKY!
DISCOUNT WHISKY!
DISCOUNT WHISKY!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Hed posted:

return a Christmas tree

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

MarcusSA posted:

Heading to the church before work because someone wasn’t happy I had an appointment before her morning walk.

Yum egg salad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

pwned

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

She’s happy now

I guess the cats are getting that middle bit :shrug:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zachack posted:

I guess I could google this but has anyone bought the big pork belly slab at ~$4/lb and turned it into bacon? Bacon has been too expensive for years but now has hit the "gently caress that" tier so I'm debating making my own, but am not sure if there's some issue with Costco's belly or if it's a good one.

I have, and it’s insanely easy. And delicious.

Go here for info on how to cure the meat. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/pork-recipes/smoked-homemade-bacon/

Use the calculator in the recipe to determine the correct amount of curing salt to use. Follow the amounts exactly. Curing time can be exceeded by a day or so with no ill effects.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

actionjackson posted:

got this for xmas

we got this for our nephew. it's super cool and very detailed art. we had a lot of fun noticing some of the kirky items we get regularly while doing it

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

thathonkey posted:

we got this for our nephew. it's super cool and very detailed art. we had a lot of fun noticing some of the kirky items we get regularly while doing it

I read this as kinky at first and wondered what kind of Costco you shop at.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
kirkland sex toys would go hard aa gently caress i bet

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

12 packs of double dongers that’s 24 dongers!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
barrel of lube

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
+ Refill

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

genital electric memorial day appliance sales

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ohnobugs posted:

Olives and whatever bakery stuff looks good. And socks.

The really good rolls that are always fresh and warm, but go bad within two days

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Chronojam posted:

The really good rolls that are always fresh and warm, but go bad within two days

i can house the entire bag in those two days, but i shouldnt

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

thathonkey posted:

kirkland sex toys would go hard aa gently caress i bet

$1.50 hot dog, adult toy edition.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
If you raise the price on butt plugs

I will kill you

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Just found out that a Costco Business Center is opening up a few minutes away from my work. Anyone been to one of these?

I googled it and seems like it might actually be pretty good:

https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-business-center-better-than-regular-costco-some-say-2018-6

Costco Business Center, a branch of the warehouse giant tailored to small businesses, is open to all paying Costco members. There are only 17 of them in the United States, and nearly 70% of the products they sell can't be found in a traditional Costco, according to the Star Tribune.

The inside looks almost identical to a traditional Costco store, but it's a little more orderly. The business centers ditch the "treasure hunt" to create a more efficient shopping experience for small-business owners.

At the Costco Business Center, you can also find 40-pound bags of potatoes ...

... and 32-pound tubs of yogurt.

It also carries industrial-size kitchen mixers ...

Meat and dairy are also sold in massive quantities. Meat is stored in a separate freezer room.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ordinary costco knows that its 90% families and that sort of thing. business costco remains business

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
We have a costco business center pretty equi distant from us vs regular costco so we tend to do business costco like every 5th time. Mainly because there's some perishables they sell there that are really just too big for us to use up in time or store in an appropriate way. But for non perishables they rule. also they have all the baked goods convenience stores sell so if you get a craving for like 30 honey buns they got you covered.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

business center costco is pretty good. best value item consistently in stock is the winco carbon steel wok. don’t bother with cambros though. they never have the best price on those

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

The only one in the northeast is in New Jersey apparently

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There's only 28 Business Centers in country, and none of them are anywhere near most people except California. Washington only has two! I guess there's one in Chicago that's closest to me...

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

business center costco is pretty good. best value item consistently in stock is the winco carbon steel wok. don’t bother with cambros though. they never have the best price on those

Sweet, that wok looks really nice actually.

The Business Center opening up is in Southfield, suburb near Detroit.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
The shelf full of meat tubes is a sight to behold :burger:

Skinnymansbeerbelly fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 28, 2023

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
My in-laws live close to the Jersey business center and will almost certainly never go there, and we're super far away normally. Is this legitimate grounds for divorce?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's not a disaster to not have one near you if you're a regular family, I promise.

We have one 20 minutes away and it's fun to walk through for the novelty the first time, but it's absolutely geared toward restaurants and convenience store reselling.

Many cases of snacks, many flats and cases of beverages

Imagine a whole row half taken up just with waste bags of different sizes

Hanging half goats, maybe lamb I dunno

No clothes, hardly any toiletries, or vitamins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I sometimes go to Costco Business Center when I want to buy a box of my favorite flavor of snacks rather than an assorted one. I love Funyuns. Also, the 35lb bag of pinto beans aren’t always available at the regular Costco.