Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The raiders will get Tony Romo out of the booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Raiders should probably give Pierce a real long look for the full time gig

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The raiders will get Tony Romo out of the booth

Something like this is what will actually happen lol

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Antonio Pierce has been carrying Dan Campbell-like “guy who just loving gets it” good vibes from the start, and it looks like he has some coaching chops to go with it.

At this point they should absolutely just roll with it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

raiders are too raiderish to do it, they'll hire some guy who sucks

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
They would be really stupid not to hire him

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If there was only one game left I'd be certain that the vibes off of this win make Pierce a no brainer

But I could totally see Mark Davis getting wishy washy on the dude if the next two weeks didn't look great

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

raiders are too raiderish to do it, they'll hire some guy who sucks

The Raiders fail to learn from past mistakes, go back into the Patriot way bag and hire Matt Patricia.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mike N Eich posted:

You can tell they REALLY want to keep him too.

I was kind of worried about this at one point, but I think I've convinced myself this isn't true. Partially because the dudes at FMIA have reported at various points during the season that Eberflus is on the chopping block, and that was a go-to outlet for Poles when he was talking about how he was handling the #1 pick last offseason. Also I haven't heard the full context of this but it doesn't seem like a great sign for the coaching staff for a GM to be saying this in-season:

https://twitter.com/peggykusinski/status/1739012043221385511

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The last games being the Colts/Broncos. Long as it ain't blowout losses I think he'll get it.

The offense obviously needs work cuz boy AOC is inconsistent as poo poo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

why would the raiders hire pierce? i hear josh mcdaniels is available...

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kidcoelacanth posted:

why would the raiders hire pierce? i hear josh mcdaniels is available...

Should go after Bill imo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Raiders didn't stick with the guy that actually got them into the playoffs after the Gruden fiasco, what makes you think they'll stick with Pierce

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

a neat cape posted:

The Raiders didn't stick with the guy that actually got them into the playoffs after the Gruden fiasco, what makes you think they'll stick with Pierce

Davante spoke to Davis the day they fired McDaniels yeah? I have to imagine that if he likes Pierce then that's going to factor in.

Mark may be a very pale imitation of his father, but I'd rank him among the owners who seem more likely to learn from past mistakes (Bisaccia vs Josh) than owners like Tepper and Haslem.

Well, maybe not learn anything concrete, but simply not repeating the gently caress-up would be a win.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

To Mark Davis' credit, it's clear he earnestly cares about his team, and I also hope he'll be capable of learning from mistakes

Unfortunately that earnestness is in direct conflict with his immense failson genetics

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hats off to the Jets fan posters ITT and the AFC East thread that insisted all along that Saleh and Douglas were safe, even during the worst times. You know your team.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

Davante spoke to Davis the day they fired McDaniels yeah? I have to imagine that if he likes Pierce then that's going to factor in.

Mark may be a very pale imitation of his father, but I'd rank him among the owners who seem more likely to learn from past mistakes (Bisaccia vs Josh) than owners like Tepper and Haslem.

Well, maybe not learn anything concrete, but simply not repeating the gently caress-up would be a win.

I feel like the more money or success you have outside of football the worse you at was an owner. Just a bunch of rich assholes sitting there asking “well how hard could it be”

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Adun posted:

I feel like the more money or success you have outside of football the worse you at was an owner. Just a bunch of rich assholes sitting there asking “well how hard could it be”

Yea, “nepobaby who has never had a real job” is probably a better baseline if you’re hoping for learning and growth than “finance dope” or “billionaire business owner who is convinced he did it all himself.”

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

The337th posted:

To Mark Davis' credit, it's clear he earnestly cares about his team, and I also hope he'll be capable of learning from mistakes

As an outside observer this is one of the main reasons I think he's one of the better owners. The guy clearly loving loves football, loves his team and works WITH his players (at least compared to other owners).

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, “nepobaby who has never had a real job” is probably a better baseline if you’re hoping for learning and growth than “finance dope” or “billionaire business owner who is convinced he did it all himself.”

This. He has a reason to give a gently caress because it's how he makes money and also he knows immediately when he has to do better. A bad owner keeps McDaniels. A good owner gives a vote of confidence and rides out the inevitable but gives clear signs things will change. Davis? "Come to my office. I don't give a gently caress that it's 1 AM." Dude is probably very well liked by the players and the remaining coaching staff.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1739400418784895426?t=nRsDtB7op_TGNIjlw2CkAg&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

Hats off to the Jets fan posters ITT and the AFC East thread that insisted all along that Saleh and Douglas were safe, even during the worst times. You know your team.

Giving us credit by trolling us.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just got off the phone with Lurie, sirianni is DONE as soon as the eagles lose the wildcard game.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Honestly yeah they should keep Pierce. He's cool as poo poo. That's my reason. They're the loving Raiders they need to think they're cool and play hard and/or dirty. Pierce knows he isn't a genius HC so he hired Marvin Lewis to help consult him on things and I think it's helped him a lot.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Backup/unvaccinated?????

The gently caress?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Pierce knows he isn't a genius HC

This automatically makes him a better head coach then half the league.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Forrest on Fire posted:

Honestly yeah they should keep Pierce. He's cool as poo poo. That's my reason. They're the loving Raiders they need to think they're cool and play hard and/or dirty. Pierce knows he isn't a genius HC so he hired Marvin Lewis to help consult him on things and I think it's helped him a lot.
Also somehow just by like... sheer force of willpower the defense has been insanely better than they were earlier in the year without any major personnel changes that I am aware of.

The hiring Marvin Lewis for advice part I did not know and is awesome.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I think Pierce should keep the job, they just have a huge problem of they need to completely rebuild the offense and that's going to be incredibly hard, with the awful side bit of even if they succeed whomever does it is going to get snatched away by another team.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Forrest on Fire posted:

Honestly yeah they should keep Pierce. He's cool as poo poo. That's my reason. They're the loving Raiders they need to think they're cool and play hard and/or dirty.

I agree. The Raiders used to be one of the most intimidating teams to play. They have not been for a long long time.

but when Jack Jones stared down Mahomes on that pick six and Maxx Crosby is just smoking a cigar to "I Don't Like" that kind of struck me as the first vestige of them remembering they are the loving RAIDERS and not some slapdick team.

The return of that kind of mentality and attitude is worth hiring Pierce even if he is as dumb as a rock.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'm pretty surprised the Broncos pulled the trigger, but it re-raises the question for me of, why the gently caress is George Paton still around?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Simplex posted:

I'm pretty surprised the Broncos pulled the trigger, but it re-raises the question for me of, why the gently caress is George Paton still around?

Just in case we have to play in Germany we will be ready

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Just in case we have to play in Germany we will be ready

Imagining Thunder in a cavalry charge with the rider brandishing the saber Patton designed

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Simplex posted:

I almost wonder if Payton is actually in charge of personnel now and Paton's job is just to manage contracts...which he should still be fired for bc jfc he's awful at managing contracts

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

pasaluki posted:

I agree. The Raiders used to be one of the most intimidating teams to play. They have not been for a long long time.

but when Jack Jones stared down Mahomes on that pick six and Maxx Crosby is just smoking a cigar to "I Don't Like" that kind of struck me as the first vestige of them remembering they are the loving RAIDERS and not some slapdick team.

The return of that kind of mentality and attitude is worth hiring Pierce even if he is as dumb as a rock.

Yeah when I hear AP using "Ill intent, violence, physicality and pain" as a team mantra it just reinforces that he was born to coach this team. Dude is just straight up savage and he's having this defense playing out of their goddamn minds with only Maxx Crosby and a combination of draft busts, mid-late picks and random cast offs.

I think cutting Marcus Peters for avoiding tackles and not giving 100% just a few weeks after a sweet pick 6 really served as a notice that everyone will be accountable which probably just served to unite the locker room even more.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah when I hear AP using "Ill intent, violence, physicality and pain" as a team mantra it just reinforces that he was born to coach this team. Dude is just straight up savage and he's having this defense playing out of their goddamn minds with only Maxx Crosby and a combination of draft busts, mid-late picks and random cast offs.

I think cutting Marcus Peters for avoiding tackles and not giving 100% just a few weeks after a sweet pick 6 really served as a notice that everyone will be accountable which probably just served to unite the locker room even more.

Didn't he say they needed to "step on the throats" of the Chiefs at halftime Monday? Dude was born to be a Raiders HC

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Didn't he say they needed to "step on the throats" of the Chiefs at halftime Monday? Dude was born to be a Raiders HC

Yes, yes he did

It was actually "squeeze them by their throats" but either is brutal enough imagery for me to get all fired up

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 27, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

that rules, give this man the job

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also something about needing to inflict violence and misery or something midgame. Dude rocks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Also something about needing to inflict violence and misery or something midgame. Dude rocks.

Hatred, Misery and Violence

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm pretty sure if Davis doesn't give AP the job at this point, his house will burn to the ground

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

AP would also be a cheap hire, seems like a no brainer for both positive PR, vibes, and financial reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
But they could trade for Belichick!