Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i kept this thread in my bookmarks so i could link it to ppl to laugh at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

You do not want to provoke christian witches on christmas! They are at the height of their power, second only to necromancy spells cast at easter!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nix Panicus posted:

You do not want to provoke christian witches on christmas! They are at the height of their power, second only to necromancy spells cast at easter!

my dude, it's even the full moon tonight. you're all hosed. me, i always was a friend to the witches

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nix Panicus posted:

See, you'd think that, but they're no better off today than the average pagan spellcaster really. You see today is based around the birth and worship of the "Son," and etymologically speaking this develops from folding in and repurposing worship of of course, "the Sun," as had already existed for thousands of years and in fact can be noticed when we see how Christmas Day, December 25, is also the date of the Roman Sol Invictus and the final day of the lengthiest celebration of Saturnalia. Thereby, pagan Sun worship is defused and retooled into proper Christian Son worship which may be experienced by those who consider themselves beholden to the socially dominant monotheistic Israelite God.

However, the use of homophones alone is not enough to completely sever the power culturally invested in December the 25th from the original manifestation of "the Sun" and its worshippers. Anyone who is aware of clever spellwork, literal or figurative, aimed in their direction can easily dissemble its components and return them to their intended glory. In this primer on Solar-based holiday magical manifestation, we will

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

See, you'd think that, but they're no better off today than the average pagan spellcaster really. You see today is based around the birth and worship of the "Son," and etymologically speaking this develops from folding in and repurposing worship of of course, "the Sun," as had already existed for thousands of years and in fact can be noticed when we see how Christmas Day, December 25, is also the date of the Roman Sol Invictus and the final day of the lengthiest celebration of Saturnalia. Thereby, pagan Sun worship is defused and retooled into proper Christian Son worship which may be experienced by those who consider themselves beholden to the socially dominant monotheistic Israelite God.

However, the use of homophones alone is not enough to completely sever the power culturally invested in December the 25th from the original manifestation of "the Sun" and its worshippers. Anyone who is aware of clever spellwork, literal or figurative, aimed in their direction can easily dissemble its components and return them to their intended glory. In this primer on Solar-based holiday magical manifestation, we will

any novice would tell you there is an endless well of dark spiritual energy tied up in American Christmas

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

StashAugustine posted:

St Luke is patron of health care, St Alphonsa of Kerala for disfigured feet, St Jude of impossible causes

lmfao there's a patron saint of ugly feet??? this is an incredibly good burn for a specific use case

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

here's what i would do to curse my enemy tonight:

under the full moon i'd gather symbols of american christmas in a circle of christmas lights: elf on a shelf, die hard dvds, coca cola etc. no christmas crackers or anything like that, those are sigils of english christmas. DO NOT make contact with english christmas. jesus christ do not do that.

then, take something of your enemy and place it in the center (could be a photo, a lock of hair, juet something that reminds you of them). put a santa candle on top of that item and light it. stare into the flame and concentrate on your curse or curses until the candle has burned down completely. under the next new moon wet the poppet with your blood and hide it near your enemy's home. burying it would be best, it's least likely to be found there.

if you wish to remove the curse i can advise you further, for bitcoin

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

happy birthday, christian alchemist

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Was Jesus a witch?

Red Baron posted:

Lmao imagine thinking you can take on the demiurge in single combat

oh, is there something you know we do not?

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

StashAugustine posted:

St Luke is patron of health care, St Alphonsa of Kerala for disfigured feet, St Jude of impossible causes

What a ripoff you're the call center drone of witches.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Weka posted:

Was Jesus a witch?

This probably depends on how you and your audience define witch

A person performing acts of magic that they attribute to the shared or borrowed power of a Deity with whom they have some form of covenant or relationship would make him a witch

Being a living embodiment of that Deity is more of a Divine sorcery.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

In life Jesus was a noble paladin. In death he became a powerful lich

His sorceries have conquered and subverted Sol Invictus on the Astral Plane, leaving his dread Presence as the reason for the season

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that is basically a faction in the Dominions strategy series

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

snoo posted:

imagine hating women this much

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

Was Jesus a witch?

oh, is there something you know we do not?

he created the physical realm and has 7 archon mini-bosses to help him out

the gently caress you gonna do against that?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Regarde Aduck posted:

He didn't. And he doesn't

so there you go :thunk:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
wasn't prepared for this

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

wasn't prepared for this

:stonk:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Regarde Aduck posted:

wasn't prepared for this

It's ok. Religious magic can be confusing

Have a cup of tea, you'll feel better

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All I know about magic I learned from Mage the Ascension.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

pretty hosed up that Jesus was born on Christmas if you ask me

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

MonsieurChoc posted:

All I know about magic I learned from Mage the Ascension.

lol pathetic :rolleyes:

you're only getting the diluted packaged crap in that

read theory (Malleus Maleficarum)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/4sDr9L3.mp4

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

He didn't. And he doesn't

so there you go :thunk:

no no the Archons are still there even if you believe in the good God we just call them planets

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

You must hone your skepticism into a sword to lay waste to the wraiths of superstition. Become a psychic blank and generate a field of nihilism so intense the unreal cannot stand before you. You must understand that you cannot slay a god with your will alone, because there is no god to begin with. Victory is assured.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
christianity ftw

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

War and Pieces posted:

no no the Archons are still there even if you believe in the good God we just call them planets

there? yes

still helping him? definitely not

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

thats crazy

and they say white people dont have any culture

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thats crazy

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thats crazy

Ohtori Akio posted:

christianity ftw

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Regarde Aduck posted:

probably a suplex

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Weka posted:

probably a suplex

if u can suplex a train u can suplex a demiurge

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

christianity ftw

father twink whiskey

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
The I Ching is really cool not because it's magic, but because it has all of these allusions to psychological drives, weird stuff about the nervous system, and ethical advice. I've found that asking a question and doing a reading online is a good way to start:

1: getting into a mindset of asking genuine questions that mean something to me. 2: begin exploring whatever I asked in the light of some sound advice, or a reference to something which is hard to discern and appreciate 3: putting in some effort, because it's easier to tie some individual significance to it

I don't think there's anything supernatural in it but I definitely would have scoffed at the idea at some point.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

nice yarrow stalks, idiot

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

no that's a nice robe actually. you can really tell it's homemade

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i put on my robe and wizard hat, everyone else in the zoom meeting groans at my poo poo

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Making a flyer, What's the best way to spell "magic" to get more people to go my ritual orgy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
magikkk