Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1739391595533812061?t=t9PKPLDkZMPbajzQSsSbkg&s=19

Flaccowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ravens 1 seed confirmed

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Glad we're down to the AFC's elite QBs.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'll say it again, Flacco status: elite.

The fact he's taking the browns to the playoffs is hilarious.

Eat poo poo Watson.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bryce pulled a Dak. With 13 seconds left you cannot go down in bounds. By throwing over the middle he hosed himself.

That being said if Thielen went down instantly at the 33 instead of stepping forward into the tackle to reach the 31, they likely get a FG opportunity. As it is, the snap occurred with :01 on the game clock, but reached :00 while the ball was in the air approaching the turf. Saving a second from the reception, and giving the linemen 2 yards less to move up, would have made the difference.

It's a tough spot, I assume there was an out route or something to get to the sidelines that was well-covered. Depending on how well-practiced the line is at hustling upfield as soon as the balls thrown, there's merit for going across the middle for 15~ yards and insta-kneeling, rush up, spike it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fknlo posted:

They just lost to a team that apparently didn't complete a pass after the first quarter. They don't deserve it.

Shindragon posted:

I'll say it again, Flacco status: elite.

The fact he's taking the browns to the playoffs is hilarious.

Eat poo poo Watson.

:hellyeah:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

He showed up to an airport with multiple loaded guns in the offseason, started the season injured, and played like poo poo / had lockerroom problems once he came back.

Born Raider.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Nervous posted:

Ravens 1 seed confirmed

They will lose to the Steelers and blow it

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

chamois posted:

steph mahomes

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kalensc posted:

That being said if Thielen went down instantly at the 33 instead of stepping forward into the tackle to reach the 31, they likely get a FG opportunity. As it is, the snap occurred with :01 on the game clock, but reached :00 while the ball was in the air approaching the turf. Saving a second from the reception, and giving the linemen 2 yards less to move up, would have made the difference.

It's a tough spot, I assume there was an out route or something to get to the sidelines that was well-covered. Depending on how well-practiced the line is at hustling upfield as soon as the balls thrown, there's merit for going across the middle for 15~ yards and insta-kneeling, rush up, spike it.

13 seconds left means young should be one read and throw away. Look to your out route read and throw it out of bounds otherwise. He could have gotten at least two more snaps off if he had done that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Joe Flacco rolling off his couch at age 38 and outplaying the $250 million nasty man is extremely funny

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Benne posted:

Joe Flacco rolling off his couch at age 38 and outplaying the $250 million nasty man is extremely funny

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wrong thread

good job raiders

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Is anyone still questioning why Flacco would roll off his couch to go join the Browns?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The337th posted:

Is anyone still questioning why Flacco would roll off his couch to go join the Browns?

Apparently we are the only ones that called.

He apparently reached out to the Jets.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

AndrewP posted:

wrong thread

good job raiders

raid them

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Flikken posted:

Apparently we are the only ones that called.

He apparently reached out to the Jets.

:rubby:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Flacco succeeding with the jets would hurt Rodgers fee fees so best not ruin team morale ya know

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Aaron doesn't like it if we talk to other QBs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

13 seconds left means young should be one read and throw away. Look to your out route read and throw it out of bounds otherwise. He could have gotten at least two more snaps off if he had done that.

He lead back to back td drives and if the special teams unit actually put a pat through the uprights or the defense could make a stop its not an issue.

As it was it was less than a whole second in timing miscues. Bryce looked the part yesterday and those two completions were dots, the instructions were to sling it and see what happens according to Tabor. Bryce was great yesterday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good to see Tabor picked up “defend Bryce post game at all costs” from reich.

Bryce has been clueless all season when trailing in the fourth. Yesterday was no different, except that they were in position to do something instead of the clock running after a seven minute, 35 yard drive down ten.

But I’m sure this is just like how Chark was in the wrong position when Bryce misread the defense earlier in the season, right?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sure, that's the main plan. I'm just saying that if a team runs drills to get a <12 second "quick slant, give up, run up, spike" play, then taking 12-15 yards over the middle gets the job done.

If the defense sells out to cover the sideline then 2-3 out route looks may have less success than hitting the middle with 13+ seconds (or whatever the magic number is).

I'm only splitting hairs because that spike was as close as you can get to being successful.

FizFashizzle posted:

Bryce has been clueless all season when trailing in the fourth. Yesterday was no different, except that they were in position to do something instead of the clock running after a seven minute, 35 yard drive down ten.

But I’m sure this is just like how Chark was in the wrong position when Bryce misread the defense earlier in the season, right?

It's an interim coach talking about a rookie who's taken a beating on and off the field all season and just played their best game as a pro. Of course he'll speak positively and/or counter criticism. That's PR, not an honest Q&A.

Everything that went into trading to #1 and selecting Bryce was a clownshow, no dispute. And Bryce may in fact be too short/small to translate his college successes to the pros, which would be a huge bummer, dude didn't make a poor life choice that stunted his growth spurt.

If you ignore the hype and hopes for a moment, and just use Weeks 1 to 15 as a baseline, then Week 16 is a nice showing! To be determined if it's the start of persistent improvement.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 26, 2023

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
RAIDERS BITCH

MERRY CHRISTMAS

MAHOMES AND HERBERT ARE OVERRATED

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Such sour grapes.

He actually played well yesterday and did everything you've been bleating about him not being capable of and you're mad because of a half a second error in the team being set.

Defense and special teams lost that one. Absolutely not on the offense.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

BlindSite posted:

He actually played well yesterday and did everything you've been bleating about him not being capable of and you're mad because of a half a second error in the team being set.

two Panthers fans in TFF, one speaks only truth and the other only lies. You may ask them one question

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Such sour grapes.

He actually played well yesterday and did everything you've been bleating about him not being capable of

You’re right, he’s not had his stats padded yet by his wide receivers making circus catches. Or do you see Adam thielen making one handed catches behind himself and think “yes that’s what I want my double first round qb to do.”

They played literally the worst defense in the league, he looked fine, padded his stats once the packers went up two scores and just stopped playing defense, and still hosed up at the end because he doesn’t have any awareness.

The most pitiful of feathers in the cap.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

You’re right, he’s not had his stats padded yet by his wide receivers making circus catches. Or do you see Adam thielen making one handed catches behind himself and think “yes that’s what I want my double first round qb to do.”

They played literally the worst defense in the league, he looked fine, padded his stats once the packers went up two scores and just stopped playing defense, and still hosed up at the end because he doesn’t have any awareness.

The most pitiful of feathers in the cap.

Oh no, the crime of having his receivers make a catch! Last week he was at fault for guys dropping balls hitting them in their hands.

Its not stat padding when the result of your drive literally ties the game lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Oh no, the crime of having his receivers make a catch! Last week he was at fault for guys dropping balls hitting them in their hands.

Its not stat padding when the result of your drive literally ties the game lol.

Bryce looked horrible last week.

you seem to think times Bryce simply executes a play makes up for the times he hucks the ball out of bounds or three hops it on a screen. Bryce’s ceiling and floor are both far below what all the other first round rookie have done this year, to say nothing of players like AOC or devito.

And he’s still tiny and frail and taking kill shots because he has no idea how to protect himself. And even if the packers game against the worst defense in the nfl is a true glimpse of the top 16 qb he can eventually turn into, there’s no way he’s going to survive to get there.

And where are you on the receivers now? Is Chark still garbage after the clinic he put on yesterday? Just want to know where you stand before Bryce comes hurtling back down to earth from the lofty heights of “played fine.”

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BlindSite posted:

Such sour grapes.

Defense and special teams lost that one. Absolutely not on the offense.

He played well yesterday.

So did a dude who just got benched for being so bad it was unwatchable

I wouldn’t read to much in gashing a Packers D that has clearly checked out

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Bryce looked horrible last week.

you seem to think times Bryce simply executes a play makes up for the times he hucks the ball out of bounds or three hops it on a screen. Bryce’s ceiling and floor are both far below what all the other first round rookie have done this year, to say nothing of players like AOC or devito.

And he’s still tiny and frail and taking kill shots because he has no idea how to protect himself. And even if the packers game against the worst defense in the nfl is a true glimpse of the top 16 qb he can eventually turn into, there’s no way he’s going to survive to get there.

And where are you on the receivers now? Is Chark still garbage after the clinic he put on yesterday? Just want to know where you stand before Bryce comes hurtling back down to earth from the lofty heights of “played fine.”

I've never seen someone so mad about a player showing them what they've demanded to be shown all year.

You can't condemn his size and then suck off the other rookie QBs when one of them is already broken for the year and the other one has missed 3 games.

Bryce sat one game with a minor limp against Seattle. He's holding up fine physically so far.

I've said all year the team hadn't been using Chark correctly and that the route concepts and play calling needed to change because the focus was on Theilen far too often.

Suddenly the route concepts change like I said they had to and Chark starts coming alive! What a shock! The scheme changes, guys play a role they can play and miraculously it improves.

Reich wasn't some savant coach saddled with a bust he was in over his head and Bryce was badly mishandled.

The further we get from Reich the better Young looks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I've never seen someone so mad about a player showing them what they've demanded to be shown all year.

You can't condemn his size and then suck off the other rookie QBs when one of them is already broken for the year and the other one has missed 3 games.

Bryce sat one game with a minor limp against Seattle. He's holding up fine physically so far.

Uh, what? I’m very comfortable predicting Bryce will have a shorter career than stroud or Levis. Obviously not Richardson. Ans that had nothing to do with what I said about his ceiling and floor which is just stating the obvious.

quote:

I've said all year the team hadn't been using Chark correctly and that the route concepts and play calling needed to change because the focus was on Theilen far too often.

Suddenly the route concepts change like I said they had to and Chark starts coming alive! What a shock! The scheme changes, guys play a role they can play and miraculously it improves.

Oh that’s weird did they randomly use Chark correctly against Seattle?

Were they NOT using him correctly against New Orleans or Atlanta? After reich was fired? Was Tabor just saving the new route concepts for the must win game against the packers?

What specific differences have you noticed that weren’t happening earlier in the season?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh, what? I’m very comfortable predicting Bryce will have a shorter career than stroud or Levis. Obviously not Richardson. Ans that had nothing to do with what I said about his ceiling and floor which is just stating the obvious.

Oh that’s weird did they randomly use Chark correctly against Seattle?

Were they NOT using him correctly against New Orleans or Atlanta? After reich was fired? Was Tabor just saving the new route concepts for the must win game against the packers?

What specific differences have you noticed that weren’t happening earlier in the season?

Actually no they weren't? You don't use a receiver like him on static routes on the outside. You don't run most of his routes within the 5 yard line, you don't use a guy like him on perimeter screens endlessly.

You don't run every route concept and package out of the same base formation 90% of the time.

They've changed to more bunch formations, they're using motion to leverage guys open, staggered releases to create natural picks, motion into flood concepts, RPO plays, you know - poo poo a modern offense runs. Each week the percentage of stuff they're running differently increases. The protection dramatically improved with a change back to power gap blocking.

All things Reich wasn't doing.

Green Bay aren't good, sure fine, but it's not the only reason the play is looking better. It is better.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jesus christ get a room

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AndrewP posted:

two Panthers fans in TFF, one speaks only truth and the other only lies. You may ask them one question

It’s been fun to follow.

Blindside hasn’t realize yet that you need a good young swagger filled coach to get success from a small bama QB.

Bryce is so tiny he might need Usher.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AndrewP posted:

Oh, I know this one! You ask one fan if the other fan would say that Bryce Young is bad.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

guys, you're fans of the same team and it's been a rough year, no need to let a small thing tear you apart

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s been fun to follow.

Blindside hasn’t realize yet that you need a good young swagger filled coach to get success from a small bama QB.

Bryce is so tiny he might need Usher.

It might be time for Prime Time.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

It might be time for Prime Time.

cannot imagine the poo poo show that would be NFL Coach Prime

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

idk, i think i'll take the one that hasn't been defending Bryce every single week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/elf_brownie/status/1739342917452370192?t=ddxeULXVHCeoKwNslkqNsA&s=19