Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/fanduel/status/1738033357034832065?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ
https://twitter.com/_sikwitit/status/1738032678992023848?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Fire Dennis Allen.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Any true fan of an NFCS team would say "No, we absolutely deserve this".

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

just learned this about Puka Nacua: "Puka" is apparently a nickname that means fat and chubby, so it's nice to have something in common with an NFL player

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

epic bacon posted:

just learned this about Puka Nacua: "Puka" is apparently a nickname that means fat and chubby, so it's nice to have something in common with an NFL player

Puka shells make more sense now eh

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Silly Burrito posted:

Fire Dennis Allen.

He seems like he’s not a very good coach.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

A.o.D. posted:

:hmmyes:

I say way worse things about my team in a given day

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This graphic had me doing an extended Stephen A Smith cackle

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I cannot wait for the Matthew Stafford Rams to come into Detroit and beat them in their first home playoff game in nearly 30 years. Other than the part where my mom will probably burst into flames as it happens.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

:hai:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

C-Euro posted:

I cannot wait for the Matthew Stafford Rams to come into Detroit and beat them in their first home playoff game in nearly 30 years. Other than the part where my mom will probably burst into flames as it happens.

TFF must band together and root for the Lions to save your mothers life!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That goofy rear end dragon should be a NFCS gang tag.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i loved explaining that dollar tree version of an old meme to my 12 year old daughter. it's so loving funny seeing a big company do it and put it on TV. she yelled at me that the dragons were made to look mentally handicapped but I think they're just "unserious" as people say? gangtags all around!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
That graphic is their version of the one NFL Memes uses for fraud teams.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think the Rams since Stafford got back have looked just as good if not better than the Bills the past few weeks. I'm not sure why the chattering class is dick riding Buffalo and sleeping on LA.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think the Rams since Stafford got back have looked just as good if not better than the Bills the past few weeks. I'm not sure why the chattering class is dick riding Buffalo and sleeping on LA.

Buffalo has fans, the Rams don't

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Rams have some pretty clear talent deficiencies that is going to allow a top ten team to steamroll them in the playoffs, especially someone with a decent coach. Buffalo I assume has a bit more star power to cover up those problems.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams have some pretty clear talent deficiencies that is going to allow a top ten team to steamroll them in the playoffs, especially someone with a decent coach. Buffalo I assume has a bit more star power to cover up those problems.

Weirdly they (the bills) really don't. They just have Josh Allen, human clydesdale. Most of their star power on defense is injured. I'd put the current rams up against most teams just bc they've got one of the best offenses in the NFL this year. They could absolutely still gently caress it up but they're a dark horse team for sure

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bills just stomped the cowboys, beat the chiefs, and barely lost out to the eagles while the rams lost to the ravens in OT and stomped the browns, so i think that's probably why

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm happy cause Stafford is playing as well as he ever has, but the Rams defense and special teams just about let the Saints back into that game right at the end and that's the stuff that'll kill you in the playoffs.

Like, the Rams basically do not have a kicker. That poo poo catches up to you.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The thing everyone keeps saying about Buffalo is "no one wants to see this team in the playoffs!" and I'm pretty sure that phrase got uttered a few times last night about the Rams.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's just something they say about a wild card team every year. People said it about the Lions last year and they got blown back to the stone-age by the Panthers. If they had made the playoffs, the 49ers would've nuked them from orbit. They couldn't stop loving Chuba Hubbard, CMC would've made them his personal sockpuppet.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The media logic is basically this:

The 49ers are the anointed favorites in the NFC. If they do something to let that slip away, then everything changes, but right now it’s a pretty clear picture. Because of that, talking about teams like the Rams as long-shot contenders feels a little weird because, like, even the Cowboys and Eagles feel like long-shot contenders right now, so why are we talking about one or two tiers down? And most of the teams in that tier seem pretty hopeless anyway.

The AFC is comparatively wide open. The Ravens are favored, but it’s nowhere near as clear as it is in the NFC. Talking about long shots in the AFC is therefore totally fair game. And the Bills do feel like a team that’s better than their record suggests.

As a Niners fan, I have to knock wood about saying all that, but I think that’s how the media sees it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Bills are a couple plays from being the #1 seed in the AFC. They are one of the best teams in the league, even if their record doesn't show it. 6th in NFL in points. 4th in points against. 5th in net points. Ultimately, wins and losses are what matter the most, but weird things like 59 yard field goals in the rain are why their record isn't better.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Bills go where Josh Allen goes. Each game you don't know if he'll throw 3 TD's or 3 interceptions.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Waltzing Along posted:

The Bills are a couple plays from being the #1 seed in the AFC. They are one of the best teams in the league, even if their record doesn't show it. 6th in NFL in points. 4th in points against. 5th in net points. Ultimately, wins and losses are what matter the most, but weird things like 59 yard field goals in the rain are why their record isn't better.

This can be true and also that they're utterly dependent on both good Josh showing up along with McDermott not choking the game away. I just don't see them pulling that off for 3 straight games even if they make the playoffs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also 'cuz they got clowned by the shittiest combo in the league

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1716183188018495653

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Bills go where Josh Allen goes. Each game you don't know if he'll throw 3 TD's or 3 interceptions.

Josh Allen has thrown more than 1 INT in two games this season.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This can be true and also that they're utterly dependent on both good Josh showing up along with McDermott not choking the game away. I just don't see them pulling that off for 3 straight games even if they make the playoffs
Joe Brady does seem to be doing a better job insofar as leaning more on the run game (especially James Cook), calling pass plays with better route trees, not leaning on Gabe Davis/Dawson Knox, not forcing the ball to Diggs (especially on swing passes), etc.

Like, Josh threw for less than 100 yards against the Cowboys because we had something like 250 yards rushing. I think the offense's sneakiest strength might just be that the Bills have an actually good offensive line that's stayed healthy thus far: they hold up decently in pass pro and can push defensive lines around in the run game.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kurgarra Queen posted:

offensive line that's stayed healthy thus far:

I'm convinced this season has shown the importance of good coaching staffs and strength and conditioning staffs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

fsif posted:

Josh Allen has thrown more than 1 INT in two games this season.

Were they TDs though?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm convinced this season has shown the importance of good coaching staffs and strength and conditioning staffs.

Paging Kawalimus

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Ravens fired that awful S&C coach and players came out of the woodwork to poo poo all over him on Twitter, which was very funny

It has unfortunately had zero impact on the ACL and Achilles gods' bloodlust for Baltimore RB's

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Docjowles posted:

The Ravens fired that awful S&C coach and players came out of the woodwork to poo poo all over him on Twitter, which was very funny

It has unfortunately had zero impact on the ACL and Achilles gods' bloodlust for Baltimore RB's

Can you post any examples?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Can you post any examples?

Read through this

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/...TEEKJDG2DHR5KY/

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
QB Controversy in Pittsburgh

lol Jake Browning

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Gonna laugh if we get 4 afc north teams in the playoffs, gonna laugh harder if we get 1.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
God if this somehow ends with the Steelers having an open competition between Rudolph and Pickett while keeping their core and Tomlin, that'd be the best possible outcome for 2024 imo as a Browns fan.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mega64 posted:

lol Jake Browning

yeah, they still don't have any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

lol Jake Browning
https://twitter.com/_mlfootball/status/1738714541939183890?s=46&t=tXZqz7ag4o4wHOrfeMA-gw