Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

That's what I don't like. I wish this game had just been the Superbowl. Now they will figure that out and adjust.

I also wish that had been the Superbowl. That would mean the Ravens won the Superbowl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Brock is a loser; and, a bitch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

4 INTs. That's loser (bitch) behavior

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

That's what I don't like. I wish this game had just been the Superbowl. Now they will figure that out and adjust.

i mean. i wish every game the ravens win was the superbowl. casue taht would mean we just won the superbowl. 12 superbowl wins this season.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I also wish that had been the Superbowl. That would mean the Ravens won the Superbowl!

lmfao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i still think kawa is a troll just because if he was truly sincere then you could do nothing but feel pity for the man

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Look man, if you are any Ravens fans with a lense into the loving real world you're celebrating a massively dominant win.

Otherwise you're some dweeb on my ignore list.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TheKingslayer posted:

Look man, if you are any Ravens fans with a lense into the loving real world you're celebrating a massively dominant win.

It wasn't dominant. Very turnover-based(NOT luck based turnovers though) But it was a great win and I'm thrilled about it.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

the Ravens won the Superbowl!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Ravens offense, when they were actually trying, were driving up the field pretty methodically. It kind of gets lost in the fourth quarter turtling but I think they could have won by like 20+ if they had kept passing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

It wasn't dominant. Very turnover-based(NOT luck based turnovers though) But it was a great win and I'm thrilled about it.

I think it was. Multiple forced turnovers + 2+ scores margin is dominant

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

i woke my dad up like 45 minutes ago to yell at him that the ravens somehow won. he's old so not long after the safety he was like 'gently caress this' and turned the game off and went to bed.

when the ravens won the superbowl against the 49ers, my parents were still living overseas. my dad woke up early (i guess like 5am) and realized that i didn't call him up and that must've meant that the ravens lost. but he had no idea about the blackout and i called him up like 10-15 minutes later and he loses it.

dude was a colts fan back in the day and basically lost any love of football after superbowl 3 lol. never really got back into it even when my brother became a skins fan until we all moved overseas and i started watching ravens games

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

if it was the san francisco ravens and the baltimore 49ers you would be saying that it was a dominant win/loss

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

The Ravens offense, when they were actually trying, were driving up the field pretty methodically. It kind of gets lost in the fourth quarter turtling but I think they could have won by like 20+ if they had kept passing

I'm still annoyed about two plays. Not running Gus on 3rd and goal from the 1 and calling that pass play in FG range and taking that sack. I hate that self-inflicted poo poo. You do not do that. Do those two things and I'm not going ballistic on them in the 4th. At least not as much.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

if it was the san francisco ravens and the baltimore 49ers you would be saying that it was a dominant win/loss

I'm not sure about that. The Lions and Seahawks games were dominant. We were clearly the better team tonight though no doubt about that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

i woke my dad up like 45 minutes ago to yell at him that the ravens somehow won. he's old so not long after the safety he was like 'gently caress this' and turned the game off and went to bed.

when the ravens won the superbowl against the 49ers, my parents were still living overseas. my dad woke up early (i guess like 5am) and realized that i didn't call him up and that must've meant that the ravens lost. but he had no idea about the blackout and i called him up like 10-15 minutes later and he loses it.

dude was a colts fan back in the day and basically lost any love of football after superbowl 3 lol. never really got back into it even when my brother became a skins fan until we all moved overseas and i started watching ravens games

That owns. That connection with your pops owns. It's a good night Ravens pal.

I still think San Fran is a deadly as hell team. Baltimore just had their number tonight. If they lock up in the Super Bowl somehow it's gonna be another nasty game.

It'll be so fun.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

showing your anger was bad kawa

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

Cool Dad Story

Thanks for sharing this. Seriously. I was a wee one when the Ravens came to town and what it did for my Dad and I through childhood was great. I love hearing about people's football family entanglements

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

showing your anger was bad kawa

I'm mad at the Ravens most games.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
What's going to happen if the Ravens ever start to genuinely slump for years on years and become like, the Jets

how is Kawalimus going to process that

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The people posting about kawalimus or even worse, posting about what he might post, are significantly more annoying than him and on par with that awful AI art spam

...and here comes the big wad to say "the posting about the posting about kawalimus is actually" etc

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

That owns. That connection with your pops owns. It's a good night Ravens pal.

I still think San Fran is a deadly as hell team. Baltimore just had their number tonight. If they lock up in the Super Bowl somehow it's gonna be another nasty game.

It'll be so fun.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Thanks for sharing this. Seriously. I was a wee one when the Ravens came to town and what it did for my Dad and I through childhood was great. I love hearing about people's football family entanglements

thanks dudes. i was also pretty young when the ravens came to town, and then living in europe made it even tougher to watch the games after that. so it was still nice to just look at the box score and yell about this or that.

he also agrees with me that spiking the ball should be intentional grounding

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

BrownThunder posted:

The people posting about kawalimus or even worse, posting about what he might post, are significantly more annoying than him and on par with that awful AI art spam

...and here comes the big wad to say "the posting about the posting about kawalimus is actually" etc

Arguing about Kawalimus has been one of the loadbearing pillars of this forum for over a decade

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

More cool dad memories and less Mitch Trubisky. Merry Christmas to all

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm trying to keep my eye on the ball here.

Brent Urban had two sacks! I love that guy, he's one of those Ravens "lifers" like Josh Bynes and Pernell McPhee that may stray from the flock but always find their way back eventually and contribute. Primarily an early down run stopper who does a lot of dirty work on the defensive line. Great job, buddy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Febreeze posted:

What's going to happen if the Ravens ever start to genuinely slump for years on years and become like, the Jets

I've said it before but that would change my perspective completely. If we were record-bad I'd be worried about different things and not even care as much about the game outcomes just worried about stuff like how's Lamar look or how's Hamilton coming along, etc.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Today was a great day of football.

BrownThunder posted:

I'm laughing at this post because what does posting about the people posting about Kawalimus make you? I appreciate your posting so I'm not trying to flame you but I had to point it out. I bitched about him once but just... why bother anymore?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

More cool dad memories and less Mitch Trubisky. Merry Christmas to all

the first ravens game i ever went to, i was so young that i complained about the noise and cried and made my family leave at halftime lol. it was a preseason game. my dad still gives me poo poo for it. this is gonna make everyone feel old but i think i was 6 at the time. probably right before we moved to europe. it was a preseason game at least.

but i think i also did this during a o's game. which is funny to think back to a time before this last season that camden yards was that loud.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm laughing at this post because what does posting about the people posting about Kawalimus make you? I appreciate your posting so I'm not trying to flame you but I had to point it out. I bitched about him once but just... why bother anymore?

It doesn't bother me most of the time what anyone says mean or nice unless you threaten to disguise yourself as a whip-poor-will and murder me then maybe I might question my posting choices.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

I'm trying to keep my eye on the ball here.

Brent Urban had two sacks! I love that guy, he's one of those Ravens "lifers" like Josh Bynes and Pernell McPhee that may stray from the flock but always find their way back eventually and contribute. Primarily an early down run stopper who does a lot of dirty work on the defensive line. Great job, buddy.

i'm jixning everything here but what the gently caress did we put into clowneys water that started making him play like he always seemed like he was supposed to

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lardarius webb

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Y'all were the 32nd team in pass attempts coming into the week. You were down 2 scores nearly the whole 2nd half. Game script changes.

I don't really mind it in the second half because down multiple scores and defense looking helpless leaves you with no real obvious answers, but clearly the early game script was pretty pass-happy. Usually I'm fine with that but against a team with a top pass D and middling run D, it probably would've been better to try and start to get CMC rolling down hill and hope that would open up some play-action stuff or whatever.

Anyway that whole game was frustrating and miserable and perfectly calculated to piss me off. Merry Christmas to all.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Febreeze posted:

hopefully he'll finally snap and either become a regular rear end person or quit football

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Amazing win. Unfortunately just about guarantees a loss in a SB rematch. But still a great win.

Brain Worms

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dutchy posted:

I don't really mind it in the second half because down multiple scores and defense looking helpless leaves you with no real obvious answers, but clearly the early game script was pretty pass-happy. Usually I'm fine with that but against a team with a top pass D and middling run D, it probably would've been better to try and start to get CMC rolling down hill and hope that would open up some play-action stuff or whatever.

Anyway that whole game was frustrating and miserable and perfectly calculated to piss me off. Merry Christmas to all.

real curious what personnel packages the Ravens played the most. Shanahan wants you in base to pass against you, but that works a lot better if your offensive line can protect I guess

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

thanks for being the posting about posting about posting about kawalimus guy. Forums need ppl like you.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Really looking to the "the Ravens won the Superbowl and here is why that is a bad thing" posts in a few months.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Really looking to the "the Ravens won the Superbowl and here is why that is a bad thing" posts in a few months.

this means that they wouldn't win the superbowl the year after

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

this means that they wouldn't win the superbowl the year after

and then you'd be stuck with your awful coach who can't win the big one forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Just watched the highlights. Whappened did Purdy get benched after his third pick or so?

Also, Lamar you are one elusive sonofabitch. Good game.