Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SexyBlindfold posted:

i followed mmf for a while and i guess some of her videos land better than others, but by the uhhh hero's journey video i was left asking myself "does this actually merit an essay. like is there anything worth saying here" and realized that was the same impression i'd ended up with her last, like, three videos. might be the first time i unfollowed someone just for being too boring. cats video was good i guess

It’s understandable, as most people curious about that kind of thing start with mfm first anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gaius Marius posted:

I have no time for self denigration, have some loving confidence in yourself and your abilities.

I am extremely confident that I am a big idiot

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Arivia posted:

It’s cathoderaydude

Nods

Hainbach seems to have good politics and is old enough that his cringe likely pre-dates social media
https://youtu.be/bfr8q6wXqww?si=5VzdKU7Vt5LsaKrk

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know who is a good video person? LadyKnightTheBrave. I've posted her videos on Andor and 1917 before and I also like this one she did on Pacific Rim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sud3KX_6zoM

You know who else makes good videos occasionally? Ross. Have a new episode of Game Dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-euXItzCw-8

Also a new Civvie11 episode where Christmas is ruined:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-NuqCNQSqE

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 26, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I am extremely confident that I am a big idiot

Why?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway to further explain myself its not like, 'im waiting for the person to say the correct gay things are bad/good,' i like fundamentally disagree with the framing of 'oh this is Good Lesbian Rep but has a touch of the male gaze' or 'this gay rep is boring' or even the basic concept of 'gay rep' in terms of how its used in the modern day. so content that entirely focuses on that is a total nonstarter for me. its not that i think their opinions are stupid its that their world view is so incompatible with mine that i think all of their opinions will seem stupid to me.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TteQ18V3sw

I don't think they've come up here before but Big Yellow is a pretty good youtuber who does content on fighting games and competitive Gen 1 Pokemon. They just dropped a 40 minute video on the history and usage of Magneton in Gen 1 and well, it's a compelling watch. Didn't think I'd say that about Magneton but Big Yellow's a good presenter.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this gay rep reeks of chud

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this gay rep reeks of chud

this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gay reps are when i bench at the gym. can i get a hell yea

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I feel like YouTube recommendations itt are good but anti-recommendations are also very helpful cos there be some confusing poo poo out there

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Autisanal Cheese posted:

cos there be some confusing poo poo out there

Seriously. I know a big part of it is my fault for getting older like a complete idiot, but so much of the internet is so exhausting these days.

Any time someone brings up social media drama, I just want to curl up and have a nap.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Endorph posted:

gay reps are when i bench at the gym. can i get a hell yea

Hell yea

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

I think a bit of it for me is also that getting older brings me to a point where I'm more willing to pause at stuff and want to know more before I make a judgment since it doesn't really impact my life and there's no urgency for my take, and that doesn't jive with either the speed or the circuitous path of social media discussion. And also simply that learning more about some drama commands effort from my dwindling old man supply

Arc Hammer posted:

You know who else makes good videos occasionally? Ross. Have a new episode of Game Dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-euXItzCw-8

Also a new Civvie11 episode where Christmas is ruined:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-NuqCNQSqE

I love these both. My favorite Ross video is the one about the software of his dreams. It's touching when someone still has dreams of computer good not bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've accepted the fact he'll never release another Freeman's Mind 2 video this decade.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've accepted the fact he'll never release another Freeman's Mind 2 video this decade.

??? the last one was two months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6-ZqHfrKrc

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I would like to change the term "Male Gaze" to "Horny Vision" or "Sex Eyes"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Restroom Eyes

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I would like to change the term "Male Gaze" to "Horny Vision" or "Sex Eyes"

https://youtu.be/-k4yjCo8JWs

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I have no time for self denigration, have some loving confidence in yourself and your abilities.

I'm just a smooth brained ape, can anyone with some wrinkles tell me if my tits should be jacked?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Grondoth posted:

I'm just a smooth brained ape, can anyone with some wrinkles tell me if my tits should be jacked?

In a video full of people saying dumb poo poo that line stands out

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Grondoth posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Grondoth posted:

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Endorph posted:

also ive mentioned the hazel swordcraft story thing seventeen times but everytime i think about it it makes me madder. a company made a concentrated effort to include gay and gender stuff in all their games starting in freaking 98, died, and their eternal reward is a youtuber saying they did it on accident because she cant be assed to redo the first five minutes of the game with the male player character.

What? Like, seriously, what's going on there? I don't watch youtube videos on games I like because usually people are stupid and have lovely thoughts or are just flat out bad at a game I know how to play and it drives me bugshit.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I forget where we were on Quinton controversies

But his latest 9hour video about Sam & Cat just came out and I have no interest to find out if he even bothered to mention Dan this time (since it would be his last chance).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DeafNote posted:

But his latest 9hour video about Sam & Cat just came out and I have no interest to find out if he even bothered to mention Dan this time (since it would be his last chance).

It's not really controversial but it is funny that CJ the X looped Quinton multiple times by just putting out one video on Ariana Grande that was like 40 minutes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

DeafNote posted:

if you watch that you should be arrested

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

if you watch that you should be arrested

There’s no punishment a judge could hand down that would be worse than what such a person already endured.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol, Quinton has a new video about Sam and Cat that he says is "a new reasonably lengthed video"

It's 9 and a half hours long.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
What the gently caress is Sam and Cat and does it deserve 9 hours of video talking about it?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
idk but it reminded me I was still subbed to Quinton for some reason and I had to remedy thtat

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

As someone who has watched every Quinton Nickelodeon video so far I'm okay with them because they're phenomenal background noise

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013
I just, I gave the first one a shot cause “hey nostalgia, let’s see how much of this has aged poorly”, but I just have too much self respect for myself to do half a days worth of summaries.

I did skip around 7 of the 9 just out of curiosity, he does get something a bit more substantial, but in a way, it’s more of his usual summarizing, just with added visuals/context.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quinton's taking full advantage of the yt algorithm with those insanely long videos. can any of us really hate him for that?

DeafNote posted:

do you mean dan snyder?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Yeah. The elephant in the endless room Quintons been sitting in for the last 2 years.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Mr Interweb posted:

quinton's taking full advantage of the yt algorithm with those insanely long videos. can any of us really hate him for that?

Yes, I find it very easy. Although hate is maybe a strong word I do very much dislike Quinton and his endless waffling videos and think he should make shorter, better videos instead.

Pigbuster posted:

friend, this is part 3. There are 21 hours of video talking about it

:wtc:

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 26, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Clerical Terrors posted:

What the gently caress is Sam and Cat and does it deserve 9 hours of video talking about it?

friend, this is part 3. There are 21 hours of video talking about it

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

DeafNote posted:

Yeah. The elephant in the endless room Quintons been sitting in for the last 2 years.

really? why would he avoid mentioning him? i don't watch his videos but his twitter presence makes it seem like he's a decent guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
p sure quinton’s already talked about dan