Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
HBO and now Showtime out of boxing, and here's DAZN with no audio for the main event of their PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I thought that was just me, can imagine the AJ slurping anyway.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Joshua looking more aggressive than he has in ages

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
WTF? Corner stop?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Probably the best AJ has looked since he fought Eric Molina or Dominic Brezeale in 2016. I do wonder how the fight order/out come of the last fight affected Joshua's aggression. Not having to worry about ruining a fight with Wilder might have made a difference.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Did he look good? Hard to tell when your opponent just defends and then occasionally eats a shot.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
He's been around Wallin enough to not be bothered by him, although to Joshua's credit he did look sharper than usual. If I had to get into the ring with one of those four, Wallin would be my first choice.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Torquemada posted:

Ok, tripping balls and finding a new respect for humanity might explain that performance.

Seems the sort of thing you do after you retire from combat sports rather than before

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Anyone else tuned in for the Naoya Inoue fight?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

duckdealer posted:

Anyone else tuned in for the Naoya Inoue fight?

i watched it. it was good. commentators were annoying.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Inoue's good, but he's no Jake Paul

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
tapales put in pretty good work to the body and in the rounds where it was supposed to start paying off he got brutally knocked out by a completely unaffected inoue.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The best ever danish boxer died the other day. Made it to 79 which is pretty drat good going for a boxer but he was struggling with dementia the last couple of years sadly.

RIP Tom Bogs.

He was the european light-heavyweight and middleweight champion at various points in the late 60s and his reward for being the european middleweight champion was a shot at world middleweight champ Carlos Monzon in 1972 which predictably was too big of a challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f759-EdRrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVcbPl7cLE

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Marching Powder posted:

tapales put in pretty good work to the body and in the rounds where it was supposed to start paying off he got brutally knocked out by a completely unaffected inoue.

He mostly blocked the punch that knocked him out too which is the insane thing, Inoue is terrifying.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

inoue is a freak and i love him

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Unfortunate that 122-130 pounds is essentially bereft of big names for Inoue to take on, especially as 130 would probably be his absolute max-out weight class. I'd get used to seeing him rolling through everyone put in front of him.

2024 will be a very interesting year for the heavyweights - besides Fury/Usyk in February (and assumably a rematch), probably get a newly revitalized Anthony Joshua against Filip Hrgovic, plus a potential Joseph Parker/Deontay Wilder rematch, and if not that, could see Parker rematching Andy Ruiz, or even fighting Zhilei Zhang.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
i want to see ngannou go again

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think Wilder vs Ngannou could be very fun

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

ilmucche posted:

I’d really like to see this as well

coathat
May 21, 2007

We better get Bivol v Beterbiev this year

I mean next year.

coathat fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 30, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

I think Wilder vs Ngannou could be very fun

i think that would be a bad night for deontay

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
He needs to set the pride aside and work with the money he’s already stacked up and the brain cells he has left.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think that would be a bad night for deontay

I agree that Ngannou would probably win but he'd most likely eat a couple of big shots in doing so

and while I'm 99% confident he could take them it's not 100

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Declan MacManus posted:

inoue is a freak and i love him

amen

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Floyd v Pac 2 next year (RIZIN is a Japanese MMA org)
https://x.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1741436847002210528?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ccubed posted:

Did I hear that right? Wilder said he's been on Ayahuasca and it's mellowed him out in life?

spending the pre-fight warm up spewing his guts up might explain a lot

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Digital Jedi posted:

Floyd v Pac 2 next year (RIZIN is a Japanese MMA org)
https://x.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1741436847002210528?s=20

this makes me want to -redacted- myself

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

crepeface posted:

this makes me want to -redacted- myself

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've been saying for years they are gonna have a rematch, in some form or another. It was only a matter of time.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

ilmucche posted:

He’s gotta be careful as one loss to a Joseph Parker type could completely derail him, but he’s a very interesting factor. If Wilder doesn’t retire, let’s see that fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Unfortunate that 122-130 pounds is essentially bereft of big names for Inoue to take on, especially as 130 would probably be his absolute max-out weight class. I'd get used to seeing him rolling through everyone put in front of him.

i saw floyd talking about bringing him out to the usa, putting him on a drug testing regiment, and fighting tank at a catchweight. i'd watch the gently caress out of that.

Jose posted:

spending the pre-fight warm up spewing his guts up might explain a lot

lolling on coming up on ayahuasca as you walk to the ring for a super fight. everything would be loud and blurry as gently caress and one dude in particular seemed intent on harshing his mellow for a while there.

ngannou vs wilder or aj / wilder are the only fights to make for wilder, and he loses either of them imo.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Marching Powder posted:

i saw floyd talking about bringing him out to the usa, putting him on a drug testing regiment, and fighting tank at a catchweight. i'd watch the gently caress out of that.

I’d watch the poo poo out of it too, but I don’t think tank would want to take a risk with Inoue’s power potential but I think inoue would absolutely be willing to take that fight just so he can test himself against one of the best in the world and punch him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Marching Powder posted:

lolling on coming up on ayahuasca as you walk to the ring for a super fight. everything would be loud and blurry as gently caress and one dude in particular seemed intent on harshing his mellow for a while there.

could alwyas end up like when dock ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD because he hosed up his dates

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I always find it interesting that Doc Ellis wasn’t just like “I’m feeling real sick. Must have been something I ate. Can’t pitch today!”

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tank is too big for Inoue I think. Would be interesting if they could get it to work but tank would have to drain himself down to 130 or below and I don’t see it happening

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love inoue

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jump King posted:

Tank is too big for Inoue I think. Would be interesting if they could get it to work but tank would have to drain himself down to 130 or below and I don’t see it happening

isn't tank like 60 years old and probably twice the weight of inoue now?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Dr.Radical posted:

I always find it interesting that Doc Ellis wasn’t just like “I’m feeling real sick. Must have been something I ate. Can’t pitch today!”

I don't think it was even the first time he pitched when he was tripping balls either, Doc Ellis owned

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Anything involving tank is gonna be tricky, unless they can finagle a deal with whatever jail he’s currently in whenever Inoue and Davis’s team can come to terms (for whatever thing tanks done at that time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AJ vs Ngannou is all but signed. Set for riyadh. 10 rounds