Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I like how you were trying to get away from the consequences of your actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

This process is called ‘living’.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

HolHorsejob posted:

Thanks lil buddy

sebmojo posted:

lmfao

i genuinely expected a frame of the curb your enthusiasm credits at the end when i saw that dynamite

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Noita: trying to get away from the consequences of your actions

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Ciaphas posted:

lmfao

i genuinely expected a frame of the curb your enthusiasm credits at the end when i saw that dynamite

There are few things as noita as your Ingenious Massacre Wand turning on you. Speaking of which...

sebmojo posted:

Hope springs eternal

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
the only deaths I've loved without fail are "oh poo poo, my ghost. oh God I recognize that wand gently caress gently caress gently caress" *boom*

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Getting Twitchy'd and immediately obliterating myself with my own bullshit OP wand, while extremely frustrating, is also so loving funny and karmically-appropriate that I simply cannot get genuinely mad at it

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kind of mad at myself because while I did screenshot this wand build, I didn't remember to paste/save it anywhere. It's sparkbolt with trigger going into a chain of modifiers, but these include a copy trail and a Mu (copy all modifiers) from the alchemist, and then the payload is a chainbolt, a cast 3x random from the pyramid boss and an Omega (copy all projectiles). The last two spells seem to recursively trigger each other and the copy trail makes it even worse, even before I found short range homing the chain bolts themselves would home. So the final result is the resulting waves of death, which were somehow not lethal when I was hit by a twitchy mage. I don't think chain bolt ever targets the player? Or maybe I was very lucky. In game this was really tanking the frame rate but that gives the equivalent of bullet time, when I could actually see where I was on the screen. I'm very fond of cast 3x random because if you stick it right at the second to last slot of the wand you can get 3 casts guaranteed of the very last spell.

Stoca Zola fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 23, 2023

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

That is a sick wand, god drat. You're ridiculously lucky you tried that with chainbolt because yeah, as far as I know, it can never hit its user. That or it can, and you're disgustingly lucky because the twitchy'd chainbolts just happened to jump past you or home in on nearby enemies.

I just met - and ultimately killed - the lake monster for the first time! Without water breathing or one of those water stone things! Instead, I used a ridiculously overtuned rapid-fire teleport wand and a spreadfire wand with liquids-to-gunpowder to painstakingly carve a screen-width hole down the middle of the lake. Upon seeing the boss, I swapped the gunpowder out for freeze charge in order to create some ice platforms to fight from. Then I had to leave and find a holy bolt, because in beta the lake boss takes either no damage or like 10% damage from everything that isn't holy :v:

Killing him still took loving forever because my oilcrit stacking didn't work, and I guess there's no water anywhere anymore, but that's alright because I have lots of ambrosia. I was excited to see that portal room and realize I had a reliable route to the coral chest in the sky. Went and iced the High Alchemist, nabbed his key, ran around listening to music and oh gently caress off the music box next to the lake glitched through its pedestal and exploded under the ground. gently caress!!!

edit: speaking of the beta, has anyone had any luck at all in the Meat Realm? That place loving sucks.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 23, 2023

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Angry Diplomat posted:

edit: speaking of the beta, has anyone had any luck at all in the Meat Realm? That place loving sucks.
You can get through it, you just basically have to have a method for infinite heals. But yeah it's pretty buck wild.

Stumbled on a fun interaction recently in the Overgrown Caverns.

I had done one fungal shift. The shift was Lava to Worm blood. There must have been a Lava flask that I broke with my drill in the first gif, and some toxic sludge nearby. Worm blood + toxic sludge + fungus makes Void Liquid. Void Liquid + Fungus makes more Void Liquid. Bye bye Overgrown Caverns.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

JOHN SKELETON posted:

You can get through it, you just basically have to have a method for infinite heals. But yeah it's pretty buck wild.

Does that even help? Your health immediately drops to the lowest it's ever been while in the meat realm, doesn't it? I would think that would essentially obviate all healing.

e: just got into parallel worlds for the first time! Finding an Always Cast: Circle of Vigour wand in the first Holy Mountain kind of, uhhh, sent this run straight off the rails. Gonna try to get the 11-orb ending and then use that to bullshit the greed curse Tower thing.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 24, 2023

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Update: it worked!! Had to cobble together a divide by 10 giga sawblade hellwand to successfully kill myself so I could see the stats screen, but I did in fact manage to a) finally open the coral chest, b) get the Pure ending, c) get the greed diamond reward, and even d) kill mecha-kolmi during my victory lap.

All that's left is the dark chest, the ghost boss, whatever the gently caress that thing is in the meat zone, and then the sun quests. Not looking forward to those; I've tried to visit the sun before, and it took so loving long that I ended up giving up before getting there.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bought this game on Christmas Steam Sale, beat the first floor, bought the "Electric Torch" passive spell for my wand in the shop and equipped it, immediately after leaving the shop I landed in a puddle of water and died.

10/10

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I have no idea what even is the right way to use Electric Torch.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
with Electric Immunity.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
When you want to die horribly

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

It's very funny with Electric Immunity, the breathless perk, and spells or effects that generate a lot of water. Just drown and electrocute the whole drat room while you continue to saunter around unhindered

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it's also useful over the "electricity" perk since you can turn it on and off at will, if you use it for that

i believe it also assists in wrapping since it's a "non-spell", maybe. not entirely sure about that it's been a while

what i'd like to find is a nice guide to getting all of the tree achievements. not necessarily an individual guide but one that's like, a series of routes and plans for getting them, maybe

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Zamujasa posted:

what i'd like to find is a nice guide to getting all of the tree achievements. not necessarily an individual guide but one that's like, a series of routes and plans for getting them, maybe
Someone in DunkOrSlam’s chat made a route for his “every pillar” run; might have been Soler or Letaali? If you hop into Dunk’s chat and ask someone there is bound to have it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I only have 2 of the Giga spells left to complete the list, but 11 of the pillar achievements. I need to do another reroll machine break to punch out a bunch of those.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I can't stop playing this, help.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

I can't stop playing this, help.
not until you post a clip of a particularly amusing death-by-hubris

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://i.imgur.com/4CKSYT0.mp4

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

:discourse:

Right up there with opening a chest underwater that contains... an ukkoskivi

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

HolHorsejob posted:

:discourse:

Right up there with opening a chest underwater that contains... an ukkoskivi

the best part of that situation is if you're fast enough there's a chance you can grab it before it kills you

but the one time you have enough time and also think fast enough to try to pick it up, your item slots are all full of chaotic polymorphine flasks you can't safely drop

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that would be actually enraging if it happened to me later in a run

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I finally caved and installed the polymorph immunity mod. The straw that broke the camel's back: doing fungal shifts in a long run, eating one single invisible pixel of chaotic polymorphine (NO idea where it came from or how it got there) amongst the weird fungus, turning into a firefly, and dying instantly because the caverns had the humid event modifier. I was displeased, to put it politely

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

seems safe

(e) see? totally safe :)

https://i.imgur.com/bqp7OXn.gifv

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
new beta patch dropped:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I managed to break Holy Mountain portals with these patches, and one of the two bosses is currently invincible. The HM portal bug was hotfixed but expect some more fixing tomorrow. I've been meaning to do all the stuff I did here since August but been preoccupied by getting a cat, procrastination, and working on other projects.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Two new boss fights :stare:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Amazing Golden Spell!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Hempuli posted:

I managed to break Holy Mountain portals with these patches, and one of the two bosses is currently invincible. The HM portal bug was hotfixed but expect some more fixing tomorrow. I've been meaning to do all the stuff I did here since August but been preoccupied by getting a cat, procrastination, and working on other projects.

Every update is appreciated, plus your other games have been getting rave reviews from all my friends :v:

Watching Dunk's stream and someone said "Hempuli said on some forum I visit [...]" :lol: hi fellow goon

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Hempuli posted:

One of the two bosses being invincible should make this beta patch stream I'm watching right now pretty entertaining

edit: ^^ oh yeah sup that was me

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Jesus gently caress (think this made my post sound exasperated rather than very very surprised so editing it.)

i just had a game where i finally got tired and installed the tinker everywhere mod. (Side note: its great i should have done this earlier) made it down to just above the vault and had some rando anger the gods for me so i killed steve and decided to climb back up to see what else i could find.

Shot a black hole up through the roof of the mountain when all of a sudden it comes back down and then seconds later im dropped into the vault by a random teleport?

No idea what happened but i died hard.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 30, 2023

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Hempuli posted:

Love to see this still getting updates, but any ideas on when the beta stuff might get pushed to the main branch?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
hahaha oh man, pouches work in fungal shifts now, so you can transmute powders into liquids and vice-versa, including gold powder

the best updates in this game are the ones that are like "a now works with b" and it just opens a billion new possibilities

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

you all owe it to yourselves to go take a look at the bizarre "Baba is You take on Into the Breach", game, too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is this little dude new content, then? found him in the coal pits in my current game, maybe 150hp, had a purple aura that's throwing out rays like the various sun stages do. standing in the aura didn't seem to do anything except draw a lot of purple particles toward the ghost from my wand, no status effects - might've been I was moving slower in it but i was kinda panicked (and didn't have the presence of mind to get a clip or screenshot :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
That guy and a few of his buddies are new, yep.