Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The uber driver and the car are too much overhead, i say we replace them with digital ownership of fractional shares of the treat that can be algorithmically traded instantaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Can volatile, unsecured derivatives of the treat shares be swapped without oversight?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Can volatile, unsecured derivatives of the treat shares be swapped without oversight?

asking for a friend?:v:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

The uber driver and the car are too much overhead, i say we replace them with digital ownership of fractional shares of the treat that can be algorithmically traded instantaneously

I've been getting ads for fractional shares of art. I could be 1/1000ths owner of a painting by some dude no one's ever heard of!

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

corona familiar posted:

2030: the entire economy is now one Uber driver shuttling a $51 trillion treat between three compounds in Atherton

someone watched twisted metal season 1

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Cpt_Obvious posted:

to ensure regulatory compliance of the rules based international order, the Uber driver is there to perform settlement of the underlying assets

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

corona familiar posted:

to ensure regulatory compliance of the rules based international order, the Uber driver is there to perform settlement of the underlying assets

Allocation of preferred stock value has already been assigned to founder shareholders, exhausting all other assets. The lawyers have already sent out the email.

122523_4
Dec 26, 2023
[Doomsday Economics] the price of the chatterbots on SomethingAwful

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Scarabrae posted:

I think thats the plot of Fury Road

It's definitely the plot of Death Stranding

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's definitely the plot of Death Stranding

you're an AT&T repairsam doing a little Uber eats on the side and getting paid in likes, free housing and AYCD monster energy. death stranding is a utopia by comparison

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
thought ACYD was an xtreme flavor for a moment

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Global shipping giant Maersk will restart operations in the Red Sea after suspending activity there following attacks by Iran-backed Houthi rebels on commercial vessels.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This store specifically is also in the armpit of Florida about five minutes from the 200,000 acres of swamp-forest known as Tate's Hell
if you sing to the swamp it will be your friend and let you live

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

bookmarking this

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

corona familiar posted:

you're an AT&T repairsam doing a little Uber eats on the side and getting paid in likes, free housing and AYCD monster energy. death stranding is a utopia by comparison

In 2007 my girlfriend's dad had a 1970s split level he paid for with his job making $55k as a phone tech at Sprint. His wife was making $35k baking bread on the overnight shift at Panera. They bought that split level for $80K in 2001 and just sold it for $390K last year.

Boy did we gently caress up by being born too late

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

In 2007 my girlfriend's dad had a 1970s split level he paid for with his job making $55k as a phone tech at Sprint. His wife was making $35k baking bread on the overnight shift at Panera. They bought that split level for $80K in 2001 and just sold it for $390K last year.

You should have dumped your 2007 girlfriend for her dad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you would have earned the same amount of money just dumping that $80k in the stock market

it’s basically 7% apr

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

you would have earned the same amount of money just dumping that $80k in the stock market

it’s basically 7% apr

Would of but I’ve yet to find a stock market with an en suite

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

an egg posted:

if you sing to the swamp it will be your friend and let you live

hi kermit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Would of but I’ve yet to find a stock market with an en suite

skill issue

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Hello DoomEcon thread. Now that we're in the Holiday Taint, I thought it might be appropriate to predict what will happen in 2024.

I think 2024 is the year poo poo gets wild. Global temps are going to skyrocket, which I'm interpreting to lead to a major western crop failure. I also predict that Trump will get the Republican nod, but both him and Biden will die before the election, granting infinite lols and lmaos to us on this both dead and gay web forum.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
agreed 100% on all predictions

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s like 60 degrees in Christmas so you my be right

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mycomancy posted:

Hello DoomEcon thread. Now that we're in the Holiday Taint, I thought it might be appropriate to predict what will happen in 2024.

I think 2024 is the year poo poo gets wild. Global temps are going to skyrocket, which I'm interpreting to lead to a major western crop failure. I also predict that Trump will get the Republican nod, but both him and Biden will die before the election, granting infinite lols and lmaos to us on this both dead and gay web forum.

Stop trying to talk yourself into believing that good things are possible

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I predict that 2024 will be worse than 2023, but better than 2025.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

I predict that 2024 will be worse than 2023, but better than 2025.

another in a long line of average years

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the passing of two kings means war, nothing less.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

the passing of two kings means war, nothing less.

Really we just need Gavin newsom and djt jr to get married and unite the crown

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Time to get back to work, holidays over. Time to post.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Stop trying to talk yourself into believing that good things are possible

This universe appears to maximize perversity in all events.

I also predict we'll see a pope or a cardinal in the Epstein logs.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mycomancy posted:

going All In on this post

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

mycomancy posted:

agree with all this but i also think there will be something hosed up completely out of left field like a wave of leprosy or a gamma ray burst, just to keep things from getting stale

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Time to get back to work, holidays over. Time to post.

:cool:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mad Wack posted:

agree with all this but i also think there will be something hosed up completely out of left field like a wave of leprosy or a gamma ray burst, just to keep things from getting stale

We already had that happen in 2020 with COVID and look how well that worked out.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mycomancy posted:

We already had that happen in 2020 with COVID and look how well that worked out.

covid was financially great for me, personally. im making almost double what i was earning at the start of the pandemic ftw

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a correction is needed then.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

None shall escape.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fart simpson posted:

covid was financially great for me, personally. im making almost double what i was earning at the start of the pandemic ftw

so you're the one who's loving up all these statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

so you're the one who's loving up all these statistics

:madmax: