Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I think I have a general idea on how to play it. I’m following KMBest’s Loki deck and I’m like 75% wins? Maybe. Is there something I’m supposed to be doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

obi_ant posted:

I think I have a general idea on how to play it. I’m following KMBest’s Loki deck and I’m like 75% wins? Maybe. Is there something I’m supposed to be doing?

Huh? I dunno, I was just commenting on the terrible play I saw on a stream. If you're not Killmongering a bunch of your own 1-drops for no reason then you're probably doin' fine!

Edit: though I guess KM took out WWBN after deciding it didn't have enough time to scale. Really, until they nerf the core bounce package (Forge, Nico, Falcon, Beast) I don't think Loki is going anywhere. The hyper-efficient early-game of Bounce combined with the aggressively under-costed late-game of whatever Loki steals is a lot to deal with.

Loki is like a Dark Souls boss. You barely manage to outpower the P1 Bounce then—oh poo poo, is that boss music? Here comes P2 where Loki steals all your cards and plays them cheaper.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 25, 2023

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

FireWorksWell posted:

Some people are insistent that you shouldn't upgrade inked cards past white border.
Oh hey speaking of:

finally

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Somehow, Palpatine returned...sorry, I meant I somehow have 2k credits banked. Cashed in a key hoping for Nico and got...Werewolf by Night. I'm happy with that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was hoarding my gold for future bundles and pool 3+ stuff but like

How could I just leave this on the table? It's so loving good.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i hear you, i just spent way too much gold on the artgerm shehulk variant, but I'd been looking for a good variant for her for ages

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I got Chibi Jeff and I feel like I beat the game now

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was hoarding my gold for future bundles and pool 3+ stuff but like

How could I just leave this on the table? It's so loving good.

This is one of my favorite cards in my collection but I haven't managed to get a good split on it yet.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Having a lot of fun with this deck, very high winrate due to all the tech cards

# (2) Shadow King
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Lizard
# (2) Maximus
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (3) Gladiator
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (5) Sera
# (5) Legion
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhZG93S2luZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2JpdXNNTW9iaXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHbGFkaWF0b3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXNNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZ2lvbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Beasteh posted:

I got Chibi Jeff and I feel like I beat the game now

So jealous, you're done with this game now.

Beasteh posted:

Having a lot of fun with this deck, very high winrate due to all the tech cards

# (2) Shadow King
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Lizard
# (2) Maximus
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (3) Gladiator
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (5) Sera
# (5) Legion
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhZG93S2luZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2JpdXNNTW9iaXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHbGFkaWF0b3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXNNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZ2lvbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

What is the strategy? Just tech out the opponent?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just punched an infinity ticket with it - you need to snap aggressively and build up your discounts with Zabu/Sera for the surprise turn 6

e: Revis Snap did a video on the deck, check him out. He's a great player and it's his cook

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Pixel dino is dope af

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Have been trying to get to Infinite before the end but have been getting absolutely top decked in the 70s. Have all of Pools 1 and 2, along with Rogue, Magneto, Shaw.

Ignoring the times I've lost trying to counter the smartest move my opponent could do (only for them to do the dumb play), are there any decks I could try? I've been doing well enough with a deck built around Shaw but maybe I'm too dumb to rank up higher.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

IMO, one important thing to keep in mind to avoid getting owned by the opponent playing dumber than you expect is to make sure you're contesting all three lanes with your turn 6 play if you can, even if in one of those lanes you'd only tie or win by 1-2 points. This is admittedly easier for some deck archetypes than others, but it forces your opponent to do something in at least two lanes rather than somehow winning by excessively running up the score in one of them.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also by your post it sounds like you're early in pool 3 right now. This is the hardest point in the game to actually climb the ladder because you don't know what you're up against half the time. My advice is to find something you like playing and add pieces to it as you open them. For example, with Rogue and Shaw right now it seems like you'd really like a Brood and a Silver Surfer. Magneto is a cool finisher that can go in a lot of decks though, so that's nice.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Have been trying to get to Infinite before the end but have been getting absolutely top decked in the 70s. Have all of Pools 1 and 2, along with Rogue, Magneto, Shaw.

Ignoring the times I've lost trying to counter the smartest move my opponent could do (only for them to do the dumb play), are there any decks I could try? I've been doing well enough with a deck built around Shaw but maybe I'm too dumb to rank up higher.

if you're early pool three, that def. is the worst time i remember trying to climb.

shaw has not been great in this meta, esp. since other cards are out powering him.

do you have access to the token shop? one really good performing deck type (high evo) can pretty much be played as soon as you have the 6k tokens needed to grab him.

if not, def. try to stick with one deck to climb. early pool three climbing i remember taking a wong deck all the way, but can be tough in the current meta since there's a lot of lockdown, control, etc. going around, and cosmo, rogue, enchantress, and co. all screw with him.

if you can post a list / ss of the pool three cards you do have, i'm sure folks can help pull together a decent deck list for you to continue climbing with.

can also join the discord and ping folks there... i'm always up for watching some games and trying to help / backseat.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

I think high evo is in the next spotlight cache if you have keys

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

It's selene/black knight/iron lad, I thought?

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
High Evo is next week. If you have enough keys left after this week. Please don’t skip Iron Lad unless you absolutely have to.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I think I'll manage one key at most between this and the end of next week but I'm rolling that die since I got BK from the random slot this week. I've got 6k tokens right now but I'm holding that for corvus.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is Iron Lad that good? I'm going to pull him anyways, but just for clarification

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FireWorksWell posted:

It's selene/black knight/iron lad, I thought?

It is. It got adjusted to move Man-Thing Bronze Age, I think.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Yea I bought him [Iron Lad] with tokens about a month ago and he owns. I was using him heavily in Lockdown, having him hit Prof X/Jeff/Negasonic/Storm or even Cosmo were all big wins. Need to find a new deck to put him now I've been forcefully weaned off Lockdown. Flipping between full destroy since getting Knull, and InSheNaut when I just want to win

I've got two keys (just got the second today) and have decided to not pick up Legion. I'd like to have good shots at Selene and Caiero instead.

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 26, 2023

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Iron Lad is often as good as the best card in your deck. In a 12 card game, giving yourself an extra copy is really strong.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ijyt posted:

This is the deck i used to hit infinite in my first two seasons when i had no cards. It's good for scamming cubes, especially against bots. The idea is to snap then have a huge turn 6. Angela has been nerfed since i was in your position though.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
kazar decks always were fun to play, main problem is killmonger exists and i've seen him a decent amount.

if you have some of the really good one drops (nebula, kitty, etc.) and can pair it with another series three card like falcon or beast you can hedge against the inevitable killmonger while still powering up your angela and bishop.

i wouldn't recommend running blade though, as you kinda want all of your cards. there are other one drops that i'd rather play (hawkeye, forge, iceman, korg, etc.) which i think could be much more impactful and can get a similar power level increase as well. esp. if you're pool one and two complete.

personally think capt. america is pretty bad, and if you need to run another non-one cost drop consider something like lizard (to force them to commit to filling the location), armor (to protect your best one drops), or hell even chavez since you'll likely end up playing that card so she's a two cost for five power anyways.

capt. america also telegraphs where you'll likely be playing other cards as well, otherwise he's a three for three? four? power etc. and that's not worth it.

Last King fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 26, 2023

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Three keys, Iron Lad, Selene and some tokens. I had to purchase that gold bundle to get enough progression to get my last key for Iron Lad. Worth it since I don't have enough tokens at all.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I needed all 3 cards this week and had 4 keys saved. Didn’t hit a whammy 1000 tokens. I’ve had excellent luck with the spotlight caches. I always save for weeks where I need all 3 (or 2 if one of them is really good) and it’s worked out super well for me.

In totally unrelated SNAP stuff, I’m still never seeing any of the cards from the albums in the shop to even tempt me. Why roll out a feature if you aren’t going to try to capitalize on it?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I really just wanted black knight but Selene made it an ok box attempt. Guess how many boxes it took to get knight?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Selene seems okay. Seems bizarre to run in a a deck without Viper, which used to be my favorite card - but Viper just doesn't work for me as a 3 cost.

DeepDickPizza posted:

I needed all 3 cards this week and had 4 keys saved. Didn’t hit a whammy 1000 tokens. I’ve had excellent luck with the spotlight caches. I always save for weeks where I need all 3 (or 2 if one of them is really good) and it’s worked out super well for me.

In totally unrelated SNAP stuff, I’m still never seeing any of the cards from the albums in the shop to even tempt me. Why roll out a feature if you aren’t going to try to capitalize on it?

Yeah, I've been fortunate mostly. Two weeks ago I needed 4 keys to pull two cards, but otherwise pretty well. This week was an absolute high roll, getting both Black Knight and Selene in two keys.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Maneck posted:

Selene seems okay. Seems bizarre to run in a a deck without Viper, which used to be my favorite card - but Viper just doesn't work for me as a 3 cost.

I’m guessing she’ll be good with Annihilus. I always keep a Carnage in that package as a backup and at 1 cost she’ll pair well with him.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Used 3 of 8 keys and got Selene, Lad variant and Black Knight which was just what I wanted. Luck will run out eventually but I'm being very choosy with the Spotlight Caches. As far as th datamines have figured out there are no weeks where I need all 3 anymore so it's harder to choose which on s to go for.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I didn't have an Iron Lad variant so this one is neat I guess. Down to 3 unowned cards with the Black Knight acquisition.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Junk is everywhere right now. It's a good time for Destroy.

I lucked out and was able to get Selene in one cache.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Last King posted:

kazar decks always were fun to play, main problem is killmonger exists and i've seen him a decent amount.

if you have some of the really good one drops (nebula, kitty, etc.) and can pair it with another series three card like falcon or beast you can hedge against the inevitable killmonger while still powering up your angela and bishop.

i wouldn't recommend running blade though, as you kinda want all of your cards. there are other one drops that i'd rather play (hawkeye, forge, iceman, korg, etc.) which i think could be much more impactful and can get a similar power level increase as well. esp. if you're pool one and two complete.

personally think capt. america is pretty bad, and if you need to run another non-one cost drop consider something like lizard (to force them to commit to filling the location), armor (to protect your best one drops), or hell even chavez since you'll likely end up playing that card so she's a two cost for five power anyways.

capt. america also telegraphs where you'll likely be playing other cards as well, otherwise he's a three for three? four? power etc. and that's not worth it.

Yeah you can upgrade quite a few cards but it's a series 1 deck other than Sunspot which they gave away for free when i started. Blade isn't actually that bad because a lot of the time you are playing him on turn 6 anyway but there's definitely better 1 drops in pool 2.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The deck I climbed with while I was in early pool 3 and didn't have the quite important cards for the good decks was a pretty basic ongoing deck with the usual suspects from the starter set through to pool 2, ended up getting to infinite with that in the Daken season I think and then the next one was Loki season during which I'd gotten enough stuff from pool 3 and spotlights to get more of the decks built.

It'd be something like Ant Man, Nightcrawler, Armour, Colossus, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Cosmo, Namor, Klaw, Onslaught, Spectrum and then Blue Marvel or Iron Man or both. If you get Mystique she'd probably be good too. Ms Marvel would fit in as well if you got that season pass.

Apparently it opens up matchmaking based on what cards you have so obviously at a certain point this won't pass muster but early on it did me fine and I don't think any of those cards have hugely changed.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
2 keys - Black Knight base and then Iron Lad variant. Looking at Selene's text I'm not that interested after all so don't know why I spent another key. I'll get to earn one more key for next week, Caiera seems super powerful so gently caress I better be lucky.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I've been playing this very casually for a while (level ~1200) and feel like I'm missing something about card collecting. It feels like I should have a decent collection by now but most of the time I try to copy a deck from online I'm still missing 3-4 of the cards. Is this expected or am I not doing something right? I've been hoarding gold for a while now too so have some to spend if there's good value in the shop.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Virtue posted:

I've been playing this very casually for a while (level ~1200) and feel like I'm missing something about card collecting. It feels like I should have a decent collection by now but most of the time I try to copy a deck from online I'm still missing 3-4 of the cards. Is this expected or am I not doing something right? I've been hoarding gold for a while now too so have some to spend if there's good value in the shop.

This is normal for where you're at. You're right in the middle of pool 3, which has the largest amount of cards by far. Prioritize getting credits and opening reserves and you'll get out of it eventually. On the bright side, the people you're being matched against should be in the same boat as you.

As far as gold goes, if you've got 7500 gold and the Sentry/Destroyer bundle is still in the shop, that's the best value you're likely to get until this time next year. Other than that, just look for bundles with big amounts of credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Any good Black Knight cooks? I want to make a deck with him but all the ones I am seeing look mega clunky and draw dependent