Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
if only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

it took me 45 hours to beat the game but I also am the kind of person who turns over every single rock in games like these and don't skip convo

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

GreenBuckanneer posted:

it took me 45 hours to beat the game but I also am the kind of person who turns over every single rock in games like these and don't skip convo

Same. I've had baldur's gate 3 since September and im still on act one :negative:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Same. I've had baldur's gate 3 since September and im still on act one :negative:

Oh, same. I've been busy with other games and art projects tho. I don't replay games so i gotta do everything the first time which means it takes a while, and my gaming "adhd" means I get overwhelmed easily enough

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the baby gay ace engineer is more memorable than any character in starfield but i don't really feel like playing through a worse version of the game clicks add to library

astral
Apr 26, 2004

With the way that product page/DLC are laid out it kinda looks like it might only be the base Outer Worlds game that's free, not the Spacer's Choice edition. Anyone launched it and found out for sure?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The receipt Epic emailed me specifically says it's the Spacers Choice edition

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

astral posted:

With the way that product page/DLC are laid out it kinda looks like it might only be the base Outer Worlds game that's free, not the Spacer's Choice edition. Anyone launched it and found out for sure?

i think that's just referring to the upgrade option for owners of the original, unrelated to the giveaway

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Q_res posted:

The receipt Epic emailed me specifically says it's the Spacers Choice edition

Yes, but I'm wondering if it's like what they did with Death Stranding.

e: though I guess the receipt for that one ended up saying just the base game's name so maybe it's ok!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

for the sake of testing i checked & it won't let me buy the Spacer's Choice upgrade because i don't have the base game, which points to the giveaway being the full version

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah i've seen it happen with games both on epic and steam before where they take the base game off sale and only offer the GOTY edition, but they still offer the dlc for sale for the people who own the base game. usually it's a decent makegood to upgrade everyone to the goty edition when that happens but i can imagine epic not easily having that option available to devs

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Lacuna – A Sci-Fi Noir Adventure is free at GOG.

Game page: https://www.gog.com/game/lacuna_a_scifi_noir_adventure

Instant claim link

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

JammyB posted:

Instant claim link

This was actually a really rad game and very enjoyable.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
And on EGS today is Human Resource Machine

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I managed to miss yesterday Outer worlds but i don't feel that bad about it, plus i feel that prime gaming might throw it as a filler freebie in future months.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

JammyB posted:

Instant claim link

Is the link broken for anyone else?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Donkringel posted:

Is the link broken for anyone else?
If you mean the instant claim link taking you to a blank page that just has some brackets, that seems to be normal. Go to the main gog.com page afterwards and scroll to the giveaways it should say that you've successfully claimed it without clicking any further buttons.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Hogama posted:

If you mean the instant claim link taking you to a blank page that just has some brackets, that seems to be normal.

Try pressing F5/refresh on that page, then you don't have to

Hogama posted:

Go to the main gog.com page afterwards and scroll to the giveaways it should say that you've successfully claimed it without clicking any further buttons.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i can confirm that it works if you go to the instant claim page and then open up the Normal Claim Page to make sure the first one worked

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Cursed to Golf is today's Epic freebie.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Hogama posted:

If you mean the instant claim link taking you to a blank page that just has some brackets, that seems to be normal. Go to the main gog.com page afterwards and scroll to the giveaways it should say that you've successfully claimed it without clicking any further buttons.

Thanks for the help on this. The site wasn't loading the "you claimed this!" Portion of the box for some reason, so I thought I hadn't claimed it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JammyB posted:

Cursed to Golf is today's Epic freebie.

Oh nice, I've actually been wanting to try this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

But now that its free, I cant.

The curse of free games

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You could always make a burner account for it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And give up my email?

:mods:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beve Stuscemi posted:

And give up my email?

The call is coming from inside the house

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If I could ban them, I would!!!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Beve Stuscemi posted:

And give up my email?

IT'S OK! It's O.K.!

You'd be giving up a burner e-mail, and who cares what happens to that?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i would never take any of my dozens of free epic games out of the packaging

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Oh nice, I've actually been wanting to try this

Ban this sick filth

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I send my epic games away to WATA to be graded.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

IT'S OK! It's O.K.!

You'd be giving up a burner e-mail, and who cares what happens to that?

I love every email account as if it was my primary

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Today's Epic giveaway is Cat Quest.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

Today's Epic giveaway is Cat Quest.

EGS can't handle the number of people trying to log in and claim this one. Everyone is getting the, "Sorry you are visiting our service too frequently!" error. :lol:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Weird; today was the first day I was able to log in and snag the EGS freebie no problem, the other days the store kept hanging trying to load.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
One more GOG giveaway for the year: South of the Circle

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Cat Quest 1 & 2 are legitimately fun games. I bought the 2nd one on the Switch and had a fun time with my kid playing it co-op.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now it's Snakebird Complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
snakebird is a real good puzzle game though I find a lot of it to be very big brain after the opening third or so. give it a shot, it's fun