Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

bad_fmr posted:

This is why Elon is not fighting tooth and nail against Swedish unions. To make everyone wealthy.

Well, you see, unions stifle inn*farrrrrtttttttt*

I like that the UAW threatening a campaign to get Tesla employees to organize made Tesla hand out big wage increases this year, thus proving that unions improve everyone's lives just by existing, even if you're not in one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Teratrain posted:

Wait, is this a thing? That would certainly explain a lot about my relationship with caffeine.

Sure is. Also more likely than not, the first time you try a stimulant (eg adderall) you will be overcome by chill and wonder what all the hype is about because a book and a nap would be kind of nice right now.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Clearly complete bollocks but lol anyway

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

freemandela posted:

the article has the woke mind virus, elon knows more about manufacturing than any person ever

No one else would have thought to epoxy a rocket engine back together.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Quote-Unquote posted:

More advertisers returning to X, the everything app! #winning #sports #elonrapeskids

https://twitter.com/JulieSt38513465/status/1739727282388738231

Lady's skin too dark, target audience of X demographic missed

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
boring rear end jeans and sneaker combo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

bad_fmr posted:

This is why Elon is not fighting tooth and nail against Swedish unions. To make everyone wealthy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

smellmycheese posted:

I'm sure there are plenty of robots that could injure a worker there, but not the humanoid one, and not as a purposeful attack

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

robot roll call posted:

having a nice lady come look for things I dropped under the car seat seems like a pretty useful service!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

boring rear end jeans and sneaker combo

Was hoping they were those old school Reboks from the 80s.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Quote-Unquote posted:

More advertisers returning to X, the everything app! #winning #sports #elonrapeskids

Me - yeah a blowjob doesn’t sound bad

Ad Exec - see? Advertising totally works

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Teratrain posted:

Wait, is this a thing? That would certainly explain a lot about my relationship with caffeine.

Yeah hold up can we circle back to this for a second?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

ADHD is treated with potent stimulants, which allow the person to think/act more neurotypically. It stands to reason that a less potent stimulant would have a similar but weaker effect

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Quote-Unquote posted:

(Spending hours correlating fashion choices and car to figure out when this picture was taken)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Time_pants posted:

Yeah hold up can we circle back to this for a second?

Ask me about giving myself kidney stones AND gout self medicating via caffeine and alcohol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Meanwhile Mark Cuban is doing cameos in Good Burger 2

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Kit Walker posted:

ADHD is treated with potent stimulants, which allow the person to think/act more neurotypically. It stands to reason that a less potent stimulant would have a similar but weaker effect

I recently had this revelation about why caffeine never "worked" for me to stay awake

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Time_pants posted:

The part about how a $25,000 would put Tesla ahead of every other car company. They're just not making one because they don't want to and, more accurately, can't.

they absolutely cant but just for the hell of it: a 25,000 two seater with apparently no storage space would not do poo poo to a single other car company except maybe push a few niche models like the mazda miata down a peg as another poster already pointed out

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Quote-Unquote posted:

Is that clearly AI-generated avatar a cross of Letty Whiterock and Cocoa Hoto just wtf

Note Block fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 27, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

She needs those Trump footpad things.

Cross marketing.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Kit Walker posted:

As an Adhd kid, i keep hearing this but is there any hard evidence or expirements that show that i should down some expresso before trying to do work that requires focus?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

In my opinion as an internet doctor...

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hihohe posted:

As an Adhd kid, i keep hearing this but is there any hard evidence or expirements that show that i should down some expresso before trying to do work that requires focus?

I haven't been able to find any. Just anecdotes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

coconono posted:

Meanwhile Mark Cuban is doing cameos in Good Burger 2

That cameo ruled

Cuban: I am prepared to offer you 5 million dollars for 10%.
Keenan: How about 10 million dollars Dollars for 0%?
Cuban: ...
Keenan: ...
Cuban: ...
Kel: ...
Cuban: You've got yourself a deal!
(The Goodburger crew celebrates wildly)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Hihohe posted:

ADHD meds are literally just speed

If that helps clear anything up

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Coffee doesnt do poo poo for my actual focus and brain function compared to medication.

it took me a long time to be able to take my meds and also drink coffee. when the meds get me to baseline and then coffee actually does something, its an entirely unpleasant kind of stimulation vs. stimulant drugs.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I think unions are good, but we shouldn’t actively try to create them. I am very smart

(he hates unions almost as much as he hates the word cis)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Amphigory posted:

ADHD meds are literally just speed

If that helps clear anything up

Related, some people with ADHD don't think speed is anything interesting because it just makes them relatively "normal". Apparently some of the euphoria, etc that's associated with amphetamines doesn't come through.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 27, 2023

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

smellmycheese posted:

The inset image in the top left is a regular robot arm circled in red so if there's anything to this story it's that Tesla's refusal to do anything safely led to the crushing of a worker and one of musk's clowns is making it out to be "advanced ai sentience almost turned into the matrix" to get ahead of real news

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Buce posted:

I think unions are good, but we shouldn’t actively try to create them. I am very smart

(he hates unions almost as much as he hates the word cis)
I prefer unions for the ritual and the esthetic.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

thathonkey posted:

they absolutely cant but just for the hell of it: a 25,000 two seater with apparently no storage space would not do poo poo to a single other car company except maybe push a few niche models like the mazda miata down a peg as another poster already pointed out

If you combined it with regulations to remove all non-commercial vehicles over a ton or so from most surface roads it could be an interesting change. But tesla can't make this car, musk would be opposed to the policy changes, and none of it is going to happen anyway so it doesn't matter.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
grok has tasted human flesh

there will be no end to the wokeness now

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Lord Stimperor posted:

(Spending hours correlating fashion choices and car to figure out when this picture was taken)

early 90's

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

thathonkey posted:

Yeah, that's probably true, I guess.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hazo posted:

Thanks to Elon Musk, you can also celebrate the murder of children, as long as they’re trans. As evidenced in this thread (found in the main page stream) about the stabbing murder of Brianna Ghey:

Anticipating a “we’ve investigated and found nothing wrong with this post” email any minute now.

There are no innocents in biden's america

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Related, some people with ADHD don't think speed is anything interesting because it just makes them relatively "normal". Apparently some of the euphoria, etc that's associated with amphetamines doesn't come through.

I abused ritalin as a young adult to the point where I fear any stimulant that's not coffee. But now as a older adult I wonder if they would help, but fear my addictive personality. When I was taking it in middle school they would just make me irritable even if I could focus more. I did not like feeling angry, but in college I learned you could put it up your nose and write a big essay overnight. I wouldn't exactly say there is no euphoria associated with amphetamines for ADHD people, just like any drug/food/whatever there are a lot of variables.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah ritalin and adderall arent terribly euphoric but definitely can be a little bit. theyre fairly light stimulants (unless youre taking higher than prescribed doses) but theyre good for focus while youre in the sweet spot. theyre heavy on side effects for most people... insomnia, loss of appetite, etc.

they cause me to become very irritable as well which is why i never wanted to go on them daily or anything. i dont think children (like pre-college or maybe not til youre even older) should take them under any circumstances personally and especially not in the amounts they are prescribed to very young children in the US. i assume they have the same basic effects whether you "need them" or not though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

Stimulants in general help with ADHD, I used caffeine to manage mine personally.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

thathonkey posted:

yeah ritalin and adderall arent terribly euphoric but definitely can be a little bit. theyre fairly light stimulants (unless youre taking higher than prescribed doses) but theyre good for focus while youre in the sweet spot. theyre heavy on side effects for most people... insomnia, loss of appetite, etc.

they cause me to become very irritable as well which is why i never wanted to go on them daily or anything. i dont think children (like pre-college or maybe not til youre even older) should take them under any circumstances personally and especially not in the amounts they are prescribed to very young children in the US. i assume they have the same basic effects whether you "need them" or not though

This is a common idea, but on the contrary, giving kids medication to help with ADHD is associated with huge improvements in functioning and quality of life across the board. That doesn't just mean better grades, it also means substantial reductions things like traumatic brain injuries, depression and suicidal ideation, and substance abuse. (The source I'm using is the World Federation of ADHD International Consensus Statement. Section 12 addresses medication.) The bad experiences a lot of folks had with early treatment regimens sucked but in general we have a lot more options now and it's much easier to try different classes and formulations of medication to minimize side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thats great but nothing will convince me that it is not overprescribed in many cases. im going off of various people i know irl who have kids on it, not my own experience so take it with a grain of (amphetamine) salt but i just dont think there is any good reason for eg. a 13 year old who weighs 90 lbs to be taking 30 mg adderall twice a day. that is an insanely high dose of stimulant even if you are tolerant.