Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I'm very glad they're extending the marathon through New Years, it's been a very pleasant background for all my holiday stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Whoops!

Lumbermouth posted:

I'm very glad they're extending the marathon through New Years, it's been a very pleasant background for all my holiday stuff.

Same. I know I could just watch them from Plex or whatever, but it's fun to have them on where everyone is watching the same episode at the same time.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Man, it's been AGES since I saw any Cinematic Titanic.

East Meets Watts sure is a thing

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Man, it's been AGES since I saw any Cinematic Titanic.

And now it's Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Same here, they're freely available to watch on the Shout Factory site, as are The Film Crew episodes. I ended up putting two CT episodes (SCCtM and The Wasp Woman) and two TFC episodes (Killers From Space and Hollywood After Dark) on in the background as I was prepping stuff for Xmas dinner.

Wheeljack
Jul 12, 2021

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Same here, they're freely available to watch on the Shout Factory site, as are The Film Crew episodes. I ended up putting two CT episodes (SCCtM and The Wasp Woman) and two TFC episodes (Killers From Space and Hollywood After Dark) on in the background as I was prepping stuff for Xmas dinner.

They never got to the Killers in that film, did they?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

What is this, a halfway house for huge guys?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The sad thing is, they're all former prostitutes.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Who's Fred Burrows?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A man was snapped at by a forced perspective puppet today.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh my god this cardboard camera.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh my god this cardboard camera.

"Thanks for playing Cameraman and Reporter with me" :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh Z'no.

E:

"Somebody shot the editor"

Oh my god it's been too long since I saw Future War, I've forgotten so many golden riffs.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

i never realized how many riffs came from Its A Wonderful Life lines

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weirdest thing about Future War is how absolutely nothing is solved. They stop the hunters chasing them but don't do anything to stop the entire "Future War"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the lady became a nun thereby solving the problem once for and all

ONCE AND FOR ALL

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

muscles like this! posted:

The weirdest thing about Future War is how absolutely nothing is solved. They stop the hunters chasing them but don't do anything to stop the entire "Future War"

It's not the future, and there isn't a war; but you know me, I don't like to complain.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the lady became a nun thereby solving the problem once for and all

ONCE AND FOR ALL

Or maybe the one future slave becoming a teen crisis counselor has a ripple effect. A runaway youth finds a helping hand and then the cyborg empire falls. Or doesn't come into existence? I'm not entirely sure how anything in that movie works.

(Imagine being a teen in crisis, and the guy you reach on the hotline can't tell you any stories from his life about fighting with his parents or dealing with peer pressure; he can only tell you about being born in captivity and forced to work for space cyborgs. I can't tell if that would make him the most or least effective teen counselor possible. Can't relate to the kids at all, but his stories about living under threat of dinosaur and collar bomb would probably put stuff like teen relationship troubles in perspective and quick.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's not the future, and there isn't a war; but you know me, I don't like to complain.

Just call me Bruce Box-liker! :dance:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

captain polaris

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I care about the boxes. I mean, why should innocent freight have to suffer?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The star of Future War still has a career today! He's in at least one John Wick movie and had this memorable ( brutal ) fight scene in Bill Hader's Barry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MjQRqEk5M

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Daniel Bernhardt has done a ton of work with fight choreography. He was also in the Matrix movies.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Holy crap! I somehow never heard that they didn't hit their fundraising goal this time around.

Frankly, I can't say I'm surprised given how expensive episodes on The Gizmoplex wound up being and I didn't even bother donating this time because I never got access to the Gizmoplex last season despite donating at that level and after getting the runaround about them using my deadname on my Gizmoplex plaque, I didn't feel like opening a support ticket about it.

Is that it? Is the show done for good? Not seeing much on Google aside from Joel having "hopes" that something could still happen.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

As a Finn it is extremely weird to see Kalevala turned into an American movie. Well, kind of. I think they took some creative liberties, but still!

"Bad news, they want to water ski."

E: apparently it's not an American movie, but one of those Finnish/Soviet co-productions.

E2: and what a production:

"Each scene was shot a total of four times (using two cameras), as the film was produced in both Russian and Finnish (with dialogue dubbed afterwards) and in both standard and anamorphic widescreen aspect ratios. The film used the Sovcolor color film process. Sampo was the first Finnish film to feature surround sound, with four channels."

And of course for the American version... "the original credits were replaced with English language titles. For example, Ptushko was credited as 'Gregg Sebelious', Andris Oshin was listed as 'Jon Powers', and Eve Kivi was listed as 'Nina Anderson'."

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 27, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The She-Creature is on, and this is a Sci-Fi episode that I missed back in the day.

"There's a million dollar idea in that...read it. The last paragraph."
"Hmm...'Sell something for a million dollars.'"

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I can make you think you're Elizabeth Weatherby

Or Weather Elizabethby

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God, ailing, still holds on.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cinematic Titanic is still a bit ... not weird, but different? Five people is a bit much, but they've also got that classic MST3K pacing where they're not all tripping over each other to get a billion riffs in, so it doesn't end up feeling awkward. Also, more Frank and Trace is always good, and even though Joel is doing references that were extremely dated even in 2008 or whenever this was, it's still a nice vibe.

E: lol at this guy's MP helmet where the text and band are clearly just tape. loving hell, how hard is it to stencil in two letters and a band of red?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Another Bill posted:

The star of Future War still has a career today! He's in at least one John Wick movie and had this memorable ( brutal ) fight scene in Bill Hader's Barry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MjQRqEk5M

And Santa's Summer Home! It's got three martial artists just doing gags about Christmas cookies.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Daniel Bernhardt has done a ton of work with fight choreography. He was also in the Matrix movies.

The guy looks like he should be Jean Claude Van Damme's stunt double, and I just learned he replaced him in the Bloodsport sequels.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have no idea which Master Ninja this is.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I have no idea which Master Ninja this is.

Does it have Claude Akins, Demi Moore, and/or Clu Gulager in it?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Does it have Claude Akins, Demi Moore, and/or Clu Gulager in it?

It has Lee van Cleef.

Does that help?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
If it's got George Lazenby and the camo t-shirt wearing militia, then it's Master Ninja II.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Time for Bloodlust.

Sourdough Sam posted:

If it's got George Lazenby and the camo t-shirt wearing militia, then it's Master Ninja II.

It did, so I guess that's what it was!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sourdough Sam posted:

And David MacCallum

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
My favorite part of Master Ninja I

The girl of the week finally gets out of her wheelchair to dance.

Her Dad: Hey! I paid for that wheelchair, you're gonna use it!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
A wandering ninja I...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I was gonna wonder if Bloodlust! was the original "rich guy hunts innocents on his island" movie, but figured that since it's from the 60s, there's no way. Surely the concept is older than that. And then I googled it and discovered that the movie is based on the 1924 book, "The most dangerous game", which might be the original story.

John Steinbeck in of Mice and Murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I was gonna wonder if Bloodlust! was the original "rich guy hunts innocents on his island" movie, but figured that since it's from the 60s, there's no way. Surely the concept is older than that. And then I googled it and discovered that the movie is based on the 1924 book, "The most dangerous game", which might be the original story.

John Steinbeck in of Mice and Murder

Yup. There's a riff of the 1930s movie on RiffTrax with Mike, Bridget, and Kevin.