Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Detheros posted:

play other games

You're not the boss of me, Hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Patch notes are up. Swarm and the new mode will give us points for doing runs in those. Finally! I don't have to do any regular SU runs anymore until I need relics

Edit: they're also giving us 8 daily missions so we now will have tons more flexibility in doing what we want to do

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 27, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
SU rewards still give you 4 immersifiers per week so that's at least one run every 2 weeks!!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

Patch notes are up. Swarm and the new mode will give us points for doing runs in those. Finally! I don't have to do any regular SU runs anymore until I need relics

Edit: they're also giving us 8 daily missions so we now will have tons more flexibility in doing what we want to do

Swarm gave points before. I just never really noticed because I use the weekly as an excuse to grind some Planetarys out every week.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

fukkin finally

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tree Reformat posted:

Swarm gave points before. I just never really noticed because I use the weekly as an excuse to grind some Planetarys out every week.

Swarm definitely did not give points when it was first released, at least.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh hell yeah, I can use Pela in auto teams without her ruining everything with SP drain?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

it's the right thing to do and you know it

Actually given that, IIRC, equipping a Light Cone (or was it even knowing what one is?) attracts the attention of the extremely shady Garden Of Recollection, the right thing to do is to leave everyone but March and the Trailblazer without an LC.

Barring that, I figure anyone who consents to the Garden looking through all of their memories and making copies of some cool ones would probably consent to sharing a few cool memories with their buddies to help them fight, right?

Except maybe for some of the more sensitive ones like Kafka and Dr. Ratio's bathing light cones.

Except no actually Dr. Ratio at least would absolutely consent to any other Hunt character seeing him nude, it's educational as to what the perfect male form looks like or something.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Swarm definitely did not give points when it was first released, at least.

The latest Swarm clear image itt I could find was this:

Alright, that was in Nov, so yeah 1.4 didn't give points. I could swear it gave points in 1.5 when I went to do my weekly regular SU run and got surprised by more points than usual because I ended a Swarm run after the reset, then went back and saw it did give points on runs. Wish I had screenshot it now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Swarm didn’t give points when I did it but the most recent SU event with the waves at the end did, iirc.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i still gotta collect all the little SU doodads though

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Anyone have a link to the patch notes?

Edit: I found it https://www.hoyolab.com/article/23866840

quote:

Optimizes the logic of using abilities when auto-battle is on for Pela (Nihility: Ice).

Holy poo poo please be good.

qbert fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 27, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

qbert posted:

Anyone have a link to the patch notes?

https://www.hoyolab.com/article/23866840

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Argenti fix is in. Huzzah.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

You're not the boss of me, Hero!

I hate that this is how you had to find out, but Detheros actually *is* the boss of you. It was difficult for me as well when I learned who my assigned boss was (some 14-year-old in Poland).

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Game is up early. Good luck on your pulls!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait what? That was lot quicker than I expected!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Danakir posted:

Game is up early. Good luck on your pulls!

On the one hand, it took 70 pulls. On the other hand, double fives, so not complaining. :toot:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh god balde rerun too

This is painful

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh to have any skill with photoshop.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

My absurd luck in Star Rail continues. It only took 50 pulls to get Ruan Mei and my Ting is almost complete now.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
30 pulls to get her I feel blessed.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Tekne posted:

My absurd luck in Star Rail continues. It only took 50 pulls to get Ruan Mei and my Ting is almost complete now.

I haven’t had absurd luck until today. This was my very first 10 pull!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

El Burbo posted:

Oh god balde rerun too

This is painful

Pain will come with the blade

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Got her in 20 but had a built-up pity and guarantee. Now I don't know if I want to go for eidolons, her LC, or wait for sparkle (or DHIL rerun, whenever the hell that is) :sigh:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
80 got me Mei on a guarantee, e2 Xueyi, e4 Tingyun, and e6 March. Not bad.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Good news everyone, while it did take me quite a bit into pity to get Mei, I won the 50/50 on Blade quickly afterward! My Tingyun who has been E0 this entire time is E6 now too.

Still got some change to spare, too, so it's time to ponder Eidolons, LCs, and starting savings.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Unbelievable. I actually lost the 50/50 and got Bronya e1.

I'm so disappointed.

Tried the Gold n Gears and we can customize the dice?? It doesn't look like we have to worry about any countdown anymore, but rather we need to go to a specific node to adjust our cognitive levels to unlock buffs and secrets

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Went deep for the E1 and while I'm still needing some more gems to roll, what bothers me the most is that I just got a single Xueyi. Meanwhile Ting and March are in like E10 or something each. Also, I got an event from before I started playing (the Mr. Xiyan one), neat

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Noobles posted:

I haven’t had absurd luck until today. This was my very first 10 pull!

drat, congrats dude. I still haven't seen the double 5 star yet.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Got Ruan Mei at 78, then kept going for Tingyun Eidolons since I wouldn't mind an E1 Ruan Mei either. Now my Tingyun is E5 and I'm sitting pretty at 70 pity. Probably won't pop it, but we'll see. Even if I do I'd still have almost enough to basically guarantee Kafka E1/Black Swan/Sparkle.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Any word on eidolons for either Ruan or Blade? Any E1 or E2 worth chasing?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...time to not do Echoes of War until I unlock the new one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Unbelievable. I actually lost the 50/50 and got Bronya e1.

I'm so disappointed.

Tried the Gold n Gears and we can customize the dice?? It doesn't look like we have to worry about any countdown anymore, but rather we need to go to a specific node to adjust our cognitive levels to unlock buffs and secrets

On the bright side, Bronya e1 is absurdly good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

DontMindMe posted:

Any word on eidolons for either Ruan or Blade? Any E1 or E2 worth chasing?

Ruan's E1 makes her Ultimate field shred DEF by 20%, it's quite strong. Though she's also already very good without it.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Bad: went almost to hard pity, got E9 March 7th and 0 Tingyuns

Good: got Xueyi, won the 50/50 :toot:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

If you're playing with Stelle then Ruan Mei's intro is just a Marimite scene

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

got xueyi but lost the 50/50 to e2 Clara

:shrug:

maybe ill give it another go later on but I cant really afford to jeopardize Black Swan

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I do not like this trailblazer mission. Ruan Mei is evil! Thankfully, Dr. Ratio's initial introduction did not disappoint.

Also, the quick clear for MoC is great. Just have to 3 star 7, and you instantly get 21 stars.

Xueyi looks great, and I really want Blade. But I only have about 600 jades because I have little self-control, and I'm saving for Ratio's light cone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Trying to figure out what planar set I want to use for Ruan Mei. If you didn't pull for her s1, Penaconey + Memories/Coggers is great it gives her an easy three turn ult. Without that, she's on a 4 turn rotation, or relying on getting hit. Fleet is more universal support, especially because she's suited to supporting dot teams as well as crit based dps. She has no eff res traces so unsure on Keel especially when it comes to her utility for DOT teams. I guess Fleet is probably the best answer if you don't care about 3 turn rotations. Penaconey and relying on getting hit feels pretty rubbish.