Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think it's the same flight logs from before yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

an entire nation hypnotized and sissified

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mawarannahr posted:

an entire nation hypnotized and sissified

you know it

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

humans acting like jerks when in groups is not 'mass hypnosis' it's 'tribal dynamics'

yeah
the secret is the there's no secret to get most groups of people to be monsters

no human being is as cruel and bloodthirsty as a crowd of them, the worst person in the crowd is still doing poo poo the whole crowd tolerates and will pull behavior in that direction

you simply have to tell people that there's something that they can do that will correct a grievance they have, that they won't face consequences for doing it, that doing it gives one purpose and that people who help kead the effort will be rewarded

once things get to where anything is un motion the people chasing power/wealth/prestige do the ss whipcracking and keep any stray consciences from getting in the way, then once they're committed they'll have a collective motivation to cover for the people keeping them in power and away from consequences

it's not even complicated, just evil

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Psycho Society posted:

you all are into havana syndrome now? reel it back my dudes

Doc Hawkins posted:

havana syndrome is hangovers, paranoia, and projection

Posts like this are a great example of humans acting like jerks in a herd. Whistleblowers aren't going to break wind around this poo poo.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Human.Frank posted:

Posts like this are a great example of humans acting like jerks in a herd. Whistleblowers aren't going to break wind around this poo poo.

if i'm understanding you correctly, then first, lol, and second why would a tiny online minority dismissing the "havana syndrome" narrative even enter the calculus of someone who could expose a directed energy weapons program?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
My personal medical opinion is that Morgellons Syndrome is a more genuine malady than Havana Syndrome (not saying they are both fake, I believe in the former but not the latter)

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Yeah, knowing a whistle blower on the dew stuff hasn't made my life any less paranoia filled.

I like to call it the Huxley Hole.

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone." A Huxley...

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

morgellons is real like the loch ness monster whereas havanna syndrome is fake like bigfoot

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
I consider havana syndrome real because it killed bryan cranston in an ep of x-files

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
If Havana Syndrome isn't real why did they make a Law & Order episode about it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

blatman posted:

morgellons is real like the loch ness monster whereas havanna syndrome is fake like bigfoot

nessie is real and fantastic

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
bigfoot is real and i long for her bosomy embrace

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I would be more suprised if a doctor could encounter a disease they don't understand and somehow not gaslight their patients about it. morgellons is real.

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Doc Hawkins posted:

if i'm understanding you correctly, then first, lol, and second why would a tiny online minority dismissing the "havana syndrome" narrative even enter the calculus of someone who could expose a directed energy weapons program?
Why do you assume you're the minority when everyone here agrees with you? Having such a hardline stance like yours is smart when surrounded by the herd.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Weird how the symptoms of Havana Syndrome mirror those of people who get wrecked by coronavirus, and both groups just happen be parts of completely different occupational strata, with different benefits coded depending which you get

Customer service worker with long covid: fake, sorry, no help for you
CIA functionary with Havana Syndrome: very real, please take the rest of your career off with pay

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

whoa
German gang leader sought on INTERPOL Red Notice captured in İstanbul

www.turkishminute.com - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 posted:

A German national, the leader of an organized crime group who is wanted on an INTERPOL Red Notice by the authorities in Germany, has been captured in a raid in İstanbul, the state-run Anadolu news agency reported on Wednesday, citing Turkish Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya.

Yerlikaya, who has announced the capture in Turkey of several people sought internationally since taking office in early June, said on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Wednesday that gang leader Eric Schroeder was captured in “Operation Cage-25.”

quote:

https://twitter.com/AliYerlikaya/status/1739875263897330171
🟥 Almanya tarafından çıkartılan İnterpol Kırmızı Bülteniyle “Suç İşlemek Amacıyla Örgüt Kurma, Suçtan Kaynaklanan Malvarlığı Değerlerini Aklama ve Uyuşturucu Ticareti Yapma Suçlarıyla” aranan Organize Suç Örgütü Elebaşı ERIC SCHROEDER İstanbul’da yapılan “KAFES-25” Operasyonuyla… pic.twitter.com/rfgJY5Vr6j

— Ali Yerlikaya (@AliYerlikaya) December 27, 2023

According to the minister, Schroeder was sought for “establishing an organization with the intent to commit crimes, money laundering from criminal proceeds and drug trafficking,”

Yerlikaya said the gang leader managed drug trafficking in Hamburg and is accused by German authorities of trafficking a total of 784 kilograms of marijuana and 154 kilograms of cocaine.

The minister added that Schroeder is also known to be involved in a container heist with Hells Angels outlaw motorcycle club members, which contained 1.1 tons of cocaine. Additionally, Schroeder is said to have handled the financial affairs and money laundering of international drug trafficker Joseph Johannes Leijdekkers in Europe.

A total of €41,850 ($46,267) and TL 38,000 ($1,292), four Rolex watches, five mobile phones with three SIM cards and various passports and identity cards under different names belonging to Schroeder were seized as a result of the operation, according to Yerlikaya.

During the time in office of Yerlikaya’s predecessor, Süleyman Soylu, Turkey faced allegations of involvement in international drug trafficking, primarily driven by Turkish mob boss Sedat Peker. In a series of dramatic videos in 2021, Peker accused Soylu and other high-ranking officials of protecting and facilitating cocaine trafficking networks.

Soylu’s departure from the ministry had brought his alleged involvement in international drug trafficking and ties to mafia groups into the spotlight, leading to significant changes in the Turkish police force and crackdowns on international drug rings.

Soylu was appointed interior minister shortly after a coup attempt in Turkey in July 2016. He was the architect of a massive purge and arrest of thousands of non-loyalist citizens on bogus terrorism or coup charges.

He was elected to parliament in the May general election as a ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) lawmaker and enjoys parliamentary immunity.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Human.Frank posted:

Why do you assume you're the minority when everyone here agrees with you?

we're discussing this because not everyone here agrees with me.

but even if they did, the opinions of the posters of a dead forum's epstein thread do not represent those of my country's general population. the wide difference between what we know and what most people know is a common subject of discussion in this thread!

quote:

Having such a hardline stance like yours is smart when surrounded by the herd.

leaving aside the continued grossness of referring to groups of people with livestock terminology, who is "the herd"? the thread? even if im a brainless sheep only repeating positions i think are popular among this few dozen people, what the gently caress does that have to do with whistleblowers?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Doc Hawkins posted:

leaving aside the continued grossness of referring to groups of people with livestock terminology, who is "the herd"?

lol

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I like the premise that a consensus reality, even if true, is herd/sheeple behavior and you get points for going against it regardless of whether you are actually correct to do so

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you should have one or two opinions that are incorrect but fun to defend

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im not a mindless sheep because of my beliefs, its because im very dumb and covered in a thick protective layer of wool

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Can you really “whistleblow” by agreeing with the official CIA narrative?

The CIA says that despite medical and scientific evidence that Havana Syndrome is real.

(I think Havana Syndrome is real, in so much that Mass Psychogenic Illness is real. )

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
wake up sheeposters

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They're feeding us poison! :(

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

a lot of people in power be havin a syndrome

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

there are no sightings of the Loch Ness Monster which predate King Kong

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i tell everyone who will listen that nestle and dentists are conspiring to sell unflourinated bottled water in order to cause more cavities for dentists to fill

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I prefer unfluoridated water when I can get it but I don't see it anymore tbh, even the Nestle I can buy now has fluoride from wherever it's "sourced"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

i saw him before that

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
King Kong was a documentary

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Loch Ness Monster = no
Bigfoot = definitely yes

Bigfoot as I understand it is not some ape of which you can find a physical trace but a metaphysical or spiritual being that can move freely between dimensions- thus, you won't find them if they don't want to be found

Beyond anything contemporary, what is most interesting to me is the Native American (I forget which tribe[s] exactly) conference in the early part of the 20th century c. 1930s which basically said "we know them, we trade with them, they are more on the level of other people than animals, they are a kind of brother to us, etc."

They are intimated to be part of the reason why there are so many and so much larger national parks west of the Mississippi, which is to essentially allocate territory where they can go about their business (mostly) without human intervention

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Tbh I would love it if there was a plesiosaur population still alive to the modern day in Loch Ness, as it was my favorite dinosaur as a child. I still have a model of it from the British Museum. Nothing would "please" me more! :dadjoke:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

War and Pieces posted:

Dokapon Findom posted:

Tbh I would love it if there was a plesiosaur population still alive to the modern day in Loch Ness, as it was my favorite dinosaur as a child. I still have a model of it from the British Museum. Nothing would "please" me more! :dadjoke:

crank occultist FW Holiday knew the plesiosaur idea was busted, which is why he claimed nessie was a gigantic tully monster (a 300 million year old fossil that's like a foot long)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
tony shiels was behind this famous "muppet" photo, he's a performance artist type who specializes in lake and sea monsters:

it's a piece of speculative evolution where nessie is a giant squid with a prehensile eye stalk:

https://twitter.com/TetZoo/status/1279732505285984257

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Dokapon Findom posted:

Loch Ness Monster = no
Bigfoot = definitely yes

Bigfoot as I understand it is not some ape of which you can find a physical trace but a metaphysical or spiritual being that can move freely between dimensions- thus, you won't find them if they don't want to be found

Beyond anything contemporary, what is most interesting to me is the Native American (I forget which tribe[s] exactly) conference in the early part of the 20th century c. 1930s which basically said "we know them, we trade with them, they are more on the level of other people than animals, they are a kind of brother to us, etc."

They are intimated to be part of the reason why there are so many and so much larger national parks west of the Mississippi, which is to essentially allocate territory where they can go about their business (mostly) without human intervention

that's right

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

everything is real. especially the fake stuff.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted: