Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I can't remember, did they ever do a Christmas episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

They might be referring to the SG movie

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Wait. There was a Grimm movie?

Sorry, confusing wording on my part. That actor played the same role in the SG movie and show.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One of the greatest stand-alone episodes IMO was that one where evil Daniel took over Earth.

Such a great object lesson in that old saw, "Power Corrupts".

itry
Aug 23, 2019

redshirt posted:

One of the greatest stand-alone episodes IMO was that one where evil Daniel took over Earth.

Also how scared people looking to feel secured are easy to take advantage of.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you're old school like me, CometTV is showing the last episode of SG1 today at 1 eastern - Unending. Great episode.

And then if you choose, experience the cool effect of rolling right into the first episode (a two parter).

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

itry posted:

Also how scared people looking to feel secured are easy to take advantage of.

that episode is in my top 5 its really good. I liked the part where everyone was like hey you said you werent going to do exactly what you are doing and hes like obviously i lied.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Watching President Hayes on Stargate always gives me a strange Donald Trump vibe. I don't know if anyone else gets that from him.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Just watched the series 5 Atlantis episode where Mckay gets a parasite that makes him have "second childhood". Another one where if they just believed people it would have been easy.
"There's a place the ancients set up where we can go and the person with the parasite returns to normal" "Sounds like bollocks to me"

itry
Aug 23, 2019

snergle posted:

that episode is in my top 5 its really good. I liked the part where everyone was like hey you said you werent going to do exactly what you are doing and hes like obviously i lied.

Yeah, it's a good episode. And kind of bleak.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Watching President Hayes on Stargate always gives me a strange Donald Trump vibe. I don't know if anyone else gets that from him.

Must be the tan and teeth combo.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

JediTalentAgent posted:

i get a more competent slightly more bipartisan bush jr.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah, he's sanitized Bush to Kinseys less evil Chaney

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I liked Hayes that he stood up to Anubis's face and told him to get bent. And he eventually shitcanned Kinsely. And appointed Jack head of SGC.

But, he also forced Hammond out of the SGC. Boo!

But he also appointed him head of Homeworld Security.

And I 100% got a Kennedy vibe. Didn't the actor in fact play Kennedy in some old movie?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

redshirt posted:

And I 100% got a Kennedy vibe. Didn't the actor in fact play Kennedy in some old movie?
Yeah, The Missiles of October (1974)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The first episode of SG-1 is a bit rough, but gets its footing pretty fast.

The first opening scenes though, not great: The first, of the bored airmen playing cards in front of the gate. It's hamfisted and awkward. I find it interesting that in these first two episodes they brought over the "grab assing and joking military guy" theme from the movie, which I did not like - they ditch this real quick though.

The second scene is Jack's introduction, that's pretty solid.

But then the third is Carter's, with that line about reproductive systems on the outside. The whole scene is rough, as these high up military guys play at sexism in a meeting about the possible fate of the planet. Only Hammond is professional.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They make that reproductive organs joke a few times in the series right?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They make that reproductive organs joke a few times in the series right?

It's mocked in the Season 10 episode 200, but I can't recall any other time.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

redshirt posted:

I haven't got that far yet, but wouldn't "AG-1" and so on make sense? Atlantis Gate based teams.

they almost never actually say it but the atlantis team is AR-1, the r is for recon

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

they almost never actually say it but the atlantis team is AR-1, the r is for recon

They do a lot more fighting than they do recon.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

Dude's got military experience so not in a million years. He's just a generic centrist president with no overt ideology, just a straight talking statesman like so many irrelevant president characters in TV.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’d assumed that he was meant to be like the dude from West Wing. Don’t know if the timing works.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Leandros posted:

Dude's got military experience so not in a million years. He's just a generic centrist president with no overt ideology, just a straight talking statesman like so many irrelevant president characters in TV.

Yeah, he and Hammond have a history that is alluded to, a good one. Which makes it all the more odd his move to remove him and appoint Weir.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

He wanted Hammond in charge of Homeworld Security, and a proven diplomat made sense as his replacement given the political intrigue going on. Which worked well, given she outplayed the system lords (and Hammond commanded the Prometheus)

The recasting made less sense, though I did prefer the intensity the second actress brought over the naivety-focused take of the first.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FFT posted:

He wanted Hammond in charge of Homeworld Security, and a proven diplomat made sense as his replacement given the political intrigue going on. Which worked well, given she outplayed the system lords (and Hammond commanded the Prometheus)

Brilliant mate

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hammond taking over the Prometheus was a top moment for big don.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

well why not posted:

Hammond taking over the Prometheus was a top moment for big don.

He legit ordered a kamikaze run and they we're doing it, until all the space goo weapons arrived.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

FFT posted:

The recasting made less sense, though I did prefer the intensity the second actress brought over the naivety-focused take of the first.

hammond wasnt given homeworld security until the end of the anubis attack. weir replaced him the episode before which seemed like 3-4 weeks of time in show. he was given the job of being captain of prometheus though which lead to the
kamikazee onto anubis's ship which they bailed out of at the last second.

the stated reason for weir was she was an anti military peace negotiating activist who would give the sgc a more friendly face for the public because they were planning to take it public until the anubis attack kinsey showed his true colors when he pissed and moaned about how HE has to get to the alpha site can he please leave etc. which is when the president poo poo canned him and stoped playing his game of revealing the sgc.

he and hammond hint that they served together when they were both young and that hammond was his slight superior but friend.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Literally anyone in-universe noticing that Kinsey sucks is a huge plus in my book.

Woolsey got two! redemption arcs but he never sucked as much as Kinsey

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'm a few episodes into Universe now. It's pretty weird how they made "horny" a recurring plot point, and I'm not even up to the point where it gets really weird yet.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Carter V The Mongols

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Really nearly done with Atlantis now, half way through series 5

God you could do so much more with it, it's so fixable. It's really frustrating

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

And Atlantis is done! God what a strange ending, the last episode feels mega rushed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I had X-Files on in the background last night, and heard a voice, I perked right up.

"Is that???"

Got up to go look, and yep, Col. Maybourne on the X-Files.

Just that morning I think I saw his first SG1 episode, which is also the episode we meet those dick Tollans.
And also Nareem, who's nice.

I felt bad for that Minoan leader king guy when the head Tollan's just like "You're even more primitive than they are!"

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
well that was a hell of a 3 episode run. the replicators kicked all the goualds rear end, earth / baal worked together to stop the replicators permenently forever and now anubis is "dead" daniel ascended and unascended again.

also i have a theory that either baal or more likely his host has savant syndrome. specifically math based.

it made for good tv but im kind of annoyed they just made daniel a math wiz to stop replicarter he is a linguist but when ever the plot needs it he can do literally anything. noone else really has that in the show.

also the guy who was seeing jacks memories crying in the rain when daniel died :chefs kiss:

snergle fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 2, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

well that was a hell of a 3 episode run. the replicators kicked all the goualds rear end, earth / baal worked together to stop the replicators permenently forever and now anubis is "dead" daniel ascended and unascended again.

also i have a theory that either baal or more likely his host has savant syndrome. specifically math based.

it made for good tv but im kind of annoyed they just made daniel a math wiz to stop replicarter he is a linguist but when ever the plot needs it he can do literally anything. noone else really has that.

also the guy who was seeing jacks memories crying in the rain when daniel died :chefs kiss:

That's Homer! Citizen Joe was the episode, right?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

That's Homer! Citizen Joe was the episode, right?

his name was joe so i assume so i dont really read the episode title names.

also the ancients really did have no morality or critical thinking skills. lets just end all life in a galaxy and reshape it in our image because of some plague? then lets gently caress off and leave it around. then lets give an evil being free reign with our
knowledge as long as he doesnt do anything he couldnt as a gouald to punish the one person with morality in our ranks.

i also called that guy as anubis like 1/2 way through the episode but i was still somewhat suprised when i was right because it was such a wierd call with no real basis on anything. I was suprised he was alive though. I wish they explained how he got out of the russian popsicle.

snergle fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 2, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

his name was joe so i assume so i dont really read the episode title names.

Yeah that's it. Sort of a clip episode, right?

If so, that actor is the guy who plays Homer on The Simpsons. You can really hear it when he's crying over Daniel's death.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

Yeah that's it. Sort of a clip episode, right?

If so, that actor is the guy who plays Homer on The Simpsons. You can really hear it when he's crying over Daniel's death.

yeah it was a clip show. it is honestly the best clip show they have done. It was more about joes life and using him seeing jacks memories as the clip device. i havent really liked any of the others s1 is especially bad.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

redshirt posted:

I had X-Files on in the background last night, and heard a voice, I perked right up.

"Is that???"

Got up to go look, and yep, Col. Maybourne on the X-Files.

Just that morning I think I saw his first SG1 episode, which is also the episode we meet those dick Tollans.
And also Nareem, who's nice.

I felt bad for that Minoan leader king guy when the head Tollan's just like "You're even more primitive than they are!"
A particularly weird one we just watched had Skinner (Colonel Caldwell in SG:A) gently caress and wake up next to a dead prostitute played by Sam’s actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

A particularly weird one we just watched had Skinner (Colonel Caldwell in SG:A) gently caress and wake up next to a dead prostitute played by Sam’s actress.

lol I think there's a ton of crossovers because of the Vancouver filming.

Same thing with the Outer Limits remake.

I watched SG1 Heroes and then the next day there's Doc Frazier in some crazy doomsday scenario.