Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

InediblePenguin posted:

Conveniently ignoring that being in the closet is itself inherently harmful!

No it's great living life knowing there's a wall between me and some of my loved ones and that if I ever brought it down they'd immediately turn hostile and start swinging like an NPC I bumped into too hard in an early open world game. This is cool and good for my mental health with many easy options I can take at any time if I want to mix things up a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You're promones are she/her

https://twitter.com/Aussie_GC_Man/status/1739423159760437677

are the recipients supposed to be sad they got gender affirming pronouns for christmas :confused:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
pronoons!!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Flesh Forge posted:

are the recipients supposed to be sad they got gender affirming pronouns for christmas :confused:

"too straight to be gay"

I will never understand basing your entire existence around someone else's life

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I saw the promones open for the sex pistols once.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

I saw the promones open for the sex pistols once.

Nevermind the Bollocks Gender is a Social Construct!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

"too straight to be gay"

It's just because he's so totally straight and secure in his sexuality! He's not jealous or anything, just super duper straight.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Flesh Forge posted:

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

"too straight to be gay"

Are we sure it's not "too strong, ate to be gay"?

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Idiots on Social Media: You care more about Ketchup than Genocide, I guess

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Agents are GO! posted:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Agents are GO! posted:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I mean if I'm eating my steak I'm thinking more about ketchup than genocide at that moment

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Agents are GO! posted:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'd say if anything ketchup is over hated.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Flesh Forge posted:

fyi there are trans people who aren't trans women

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

Yeah that's how I read the intent of those images too

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't get it at all. I don't get what the images are supposed to be, what the angle is. The people in the background are laughing, but is it joy, or at they laughing at the person in the foreground? Is the person crying because of joy or because of sadness? Are they getting the "gift" of gender affirmation or like an ironic gift of gender assignment (thus the people laughing at the person in the front). Is the person a girl? Is the person trans? Is the person a trans woman? Is the person a trans man? Not a single loving thing is clear. What does TooStr82bGay mean?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

credburn posted:

I don't get it at all. I don't get what the images are supposed to be, what the angle is. The people in the background are laughing, but is it joy, or at they laughing at the person in the foreground? Is the person crying because of joy or because of sadness? Are they getting the "gift" of gender affirmation or like an ironic gift of gender assignment (thus the people laughing at the person in the front). Is the person a girl? Is the person trans? Is the person a trans woman? Is the person a trans man? Not a single loving thing is clear. What does TooStr82bGay mean?

It's basic bitch transphobic poo poo, don't waste too many brain cycles on it

E: or is it, gently caress I dunno, gently caress all this ai image poo poo

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Gnossiennes posted:

These people don't know that which is what makes the image so confusing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
My read on it is that they are mocking people assigned female at birth who go by they/them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

credburn posted:

I saw similar posts of a crying child with blue hair getting a present that said "there are only two genders" and I'm just sitting here stunned that these people can make anything they can dream up using the magic art theft machine and they're making pictures of parents cruelly bullying their children and thinking "drat I am a good guy".

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The real take is "those AI fingers look better now, something has changed" and the alternate real take is "those ear rings stretched that low mean your ear is about to break". Do not try to find logic in the haters attempt at owning someone - that doesn't mesh up with reality and you'll hurt yourself trying to make it fit.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Yup. Gay woman living in a small, rural town in Canada and there were literally no other openly queer women in the town.

The small, rural town of Toronto, yes.

While the folklore around the originator of "incel" has transformed her into "open lesbian in a rural small town", the real story is one of a socially awkward, depressed, and questioning college student in Toronto who started an online support group for people like her, who'd reached her twenties without any dating and/or sexual experience at all. She awakened to her queer identity because of the little community she started, while the folklore has flipped the cause and effect there.

Really stunned me the first time I read it, since I'd only known the pervasive online folklore version beforehand myself.

What's sad is that the incel community started as a very inclusive group that helped its members to break out of their shells in healthy ways (i.e. its founder realizing her queer identity), but as well-adjusted members moved on after getting better, only the angry weirdos remained.

Mr. Belpit has a new favorite as of 10:41 on Dec 27, 2023

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Mr. Belpit posted:

What's sad is that the incel community started as a very inclusive group that helped its members to break out of their shells in healthy ways (i.e. its founder realizing her queer identity), but as well-adjusted members moved on after getting better, only the angry weirdos remained.

Same as the MGTOW stuff, started out as a nice place for dudes to just vibe and go against toxic masculinity and forced social norms and then devolved in to pure angry weirdos

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Any internet community dedicated to self-improvement or the improvement of personal circumstances is going to devolve into awful poo poo without strict moderation because the people who succeed stop posting and the people who will never succeed remain

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/coconut_jpg/status/1739841983273656428

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/joeflateau/status/1739337419827081253

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Flesh Forge posted:

They're all look like they're female presenting? Is this AI art not understanding happy crying or I don't even know.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inceltown posted:

The real take is "those AI fingers look better now, something has changed" and the alternate real take is "those ear rings stretched that low mean your ear is about to break". Do not try to find logic in the haters attempt at owning someone - that doesn't mesh up with reality and you'll hurt yourself trying to make it fit.
Person on the left has gems embedded in their fingers and second image earing is partially embedded in their skull.

E: lol, in the first image the other daughter is also crying and in the last image the parents have hints of piercings. Prompts are hard :mad:

Splicer has a new favorite as of 13:05 on Dec 27, 2023

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Good lord it's a transphobic/enbyphobic post by a lovely bigot why are we searching for meaning beyond that

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Good lord it's a transphobic/enbyphobic post by a lovely bigot why are we searching for meaning beyond that
Ripping on ai art is fun.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Splicer posted:

Ripping on ai art is fun.

I wish we'd just ignore that it exists beyond mocking anyone who posts it for being a loser and a dweeb. gently caress that absolute scourge of brainless, soulless trash.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:confused:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

my guess is the community assumes the dudes going to leave the thermometer in the hole for the entire cooking time

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Len posted:

my guess is the community assumes the dudes going to leave the thermometer in the hole for the entire cooking time
If an otherwise airtight container designed to be filled with steam comes with something to block a hole there'll either be a separate vent or shutoff sensor or something, or the resistance is such that the probe will be shoved out if the temperature gets too high (like a non-resetting release valve). I put temperature sensors in the vent hole of my regular pots but their lids aren't clamped on.

E: by which I mean wash bucket's pictured pot is very dangerous if the above isn't true because someone will leave the temperature probe in and it will explode.

E2: vvv feeling validated as heck right now vvv

Splicer has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Dec 27, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

That model specifically says "probe hole" on that hole, and has 2 extra actual vent holes in the lid handle.

Source: https://useandcares.hamiltonbeach.com/files/840267200.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
On second thoughts venting excess steam out of the handle seems like also a bad plan