Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

That’s right, Israel: stop exiting right now

Don't think about it

Actually, wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s Boxing Day – The Tory prime ministers of Christmas past have their own ideas about Sunak’s broken Britain"

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Can you spot the 24 things that were a thing in 2023 in this Stephen Collins Christmas cartoon? Link to bigger version, Link to answers

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

Weird tangent but am I crazy or does it feel like Tats' art is getting more...stiff? A lot of it is vertical lines, with characters either centered within frame or slightly offset, in either profile, back, or front shots. Compared to his earlier stuff it feels like there's less and less movement even from frame-to-frame, and the compositions are boring and static even when they deviate from just having your big important character in the middle of the frame.

Like they could just be illustrations accompanying some walls of text explaining what's going on and you'd be forgiven for not knowing Ishida used to draw comics.

As said before, it's a mixture of trying for propaganda posters, but wreaks of not practicing his drawing technique. When you get set in your ways, your "art" techniques start feeling stiffer. Practicing, even with different styles or mediums, will always improve your own work.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s Boxing Day – The Tory prime ministers of Christmas past have their own ideas about Sunak’s broken Britain"

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Can you spot the 24 things that were a thing in 2023 in this Stephen Collins Christmas cartoon? Link to bigger version, Link to answers

I clocked a few that were more general knowledge "a thing happened" -- M3GAN on the tree top, Trump's mugshot, etc -- but the Britpol specific ones I had to look up and whew what a year across the pond eh

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Fister Roboto posted:

Dec 25: Can't we just put our differences aside and enjoy the holidays my holiday?

Dec 26: Here's why black people are all predators.

You called it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dry your Bones this last week of 2023:

It’s crazy how he thinks this poo poo is charming.

Israel bombed Bethlehem this week, so Merry Christmas I guess.

I think I’ll stop here before I raise too many blood pressures.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Why the gently caress isn't he dead yet?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pants Donkey posted:

Israel bombed Bethlehem this week, so Merry Christmas I guess.

He specified 'Christian friends' not 'Christian enemies'

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

rydiafan posted:

Why the gently caress isn't he dead yet?
Same as Kissinger, he's a phylactery lich who was smart enough to put his counter on a darksteel land and give himself shroud so the table has to wait for someone to draw some fairly niche removal option

(this makes him immune to Wrath of God effects)

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 26, 2023

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Sorry I missed a couple Garrisons, I was having a very merry and boozy Christmas (alas no whiskey sours)

quote:

EFFENGEEZER SCROOGE, A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2023
Cartoon published 12/24/2023

I’ve had several people suggest a drawing of Joe Biden as the ‘Grinch,’ but after careful consideration I decided it would be more fun to draw him as ‘Scrooge.’

I always like watching all the old ‘Scrooge’ movies on TV at this time of year. I prefer the black and white ones. I picture London being black and white in 1843, when Charles Dickens penned the tale—and in fact, Benjamin Franklin described old London as being a smokey, dark place in the mid 1700s. One of the best film versions is the 1935 one starring Seymour Hicks. When he contritely visits his nephew and his nephew’s new wife at the end, he takes a moment to look at their Christmas tree. He sheds a tear because it’s so beautiful.

Unfortunately Biden would never have the Scrooge conversion. He would insult any spirit trying to help him.

A friend in Florida sent me a bit of poetry about Biden—it sums up Joe Scrooge:

Joe Biden spent all his years in self-rewarding government life,

Part of that included sleeping with another man’s wife.

Raising one son who did not die in the Iraq war,

Another son could not turn down a Russian whore.

Donate and support MAGA Cartoons through Pay Pal

Then there was that near-deadly kitchen fire,

Another minor incident that revealed Joe to be a liar.

Biden bragged about his accomplishments in law school,

Those lies ended his first presidential run—they proved Joe a fool.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST CORRUPTION WITH A SMALL DONATION! SUPPORT CARTOONS AND SAVE AMERICA
There were stories of riding Amtrak, battling Corn Pop, and leg hairs of a lifeguard,

These were the rambling fantasies of a confused blowhard.

Joe loved to tell tales of Mandela and civil rights,

Even though history confirms Joe wasn’t in those fights.

A man in a wheelchair Joe asked to stand,

How could such a bumbler end up leading our land?

Now comes son Hunter, brother Jim, and the rest of the brood,

While Joe brazenly sniffs little girls’ hair—disgusting and lewd.

The money roles in from faraway lands,

Joe smiles and waves with his dirty, blood-stained hands.

Keep Us Drawing- Support our work with a small donation, click to donate!

Joe claims his ‘Bidenomics’ is a success and receiving raves,

The way Bidenflation is going, we’ll soon live in caves.

His presidency is biggest con to ever take place,

It explains the sly smirk often seen on Joe’s face.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

Joe gets lost on stage and shakes hands with the invisible,

He wants to run again—and that’s downright risible.

Imposing bans on gas stoves, assault rifles, and fuel from a fossil,

Joe’s mandates only make his mistakes more colossal.

Joe was perplexed when he saw the latest poll number,

Time for another vacation and a long beach slumber!

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Joe’s presidency has brought us nothing but woe,

He’ll lose in ’24…just don’t expect a RINO to be his foe.

Joe seems to think a second term is within reach,

Meanwhile, mounting evidence seems to cry “Impeach!”

So much Jill’s “restoring decency” to the House that is White,

Vote for Trump—he can help make things right.

Merry Christmas From Ben and Tina Garrison!

quote:

AL GORE IS GETTING DESPERATE- WHAT? YOU DON’T WANT CLIMATE COMMUNISM?
Cartoon published 12/26/2023

Al Gore, like many good con men, shows lot of persistence—but his ‘Chicken Little’ routine has gotten long in the beak.

He predicted ice caps would be melted long before now and they are still there. The polar bear population is booming. His alarmist ‘cry wolf’ huckstering isn’t working any more. People are tuning Al Gore out. He’s been reduced to nothing more than a blathering, aging eccentric. The American people are more worried about making a living than climate change. They want to hold onto their paychecks—not pay Al Gore. Gore is now hopping mad that we won’t listen. Boo-frickety-hoo! It would almost be worth it to have the sea levels rise 30 feet or so just to see Gore’s multi-million dollar beachfront mansion slip under the waves.

Keep Us Drawing- Support our work with a small donation, click to donate!

Another confidence trickster constantly in the news is Bill Gates. The man dropped out of college—he didn’t bother to study at all. He had the game already figured out—rip off others to build his business and now he’s conjuring up viruses in bioweapons lab so he can cash in while pretending to ‘save’ us with his vaccines. He ruthlessly pushed a dangerous mRNA Covid jab, and when it started to wind down he dumped all five of his pharmaceutical stocks and raked in 35 billion dollars! After he did that he bad-mouthed the vaccines and began pushing an oral mRNA product. Does he not know that we are paying attention? He pulls these shady stunts while pretending to be a generous philanthropist. Sure, he donates a lot of money to companies that make sure people get shots of stuff he owns. He makes sure the corporate media says good things about him—yet most Americans are catching on to his murderous plans and now they despise him more than ever. Because of this, Bill said he’s worried about ‘extremists’ in the population who refuse to be vaccinated. Bill will figure out a way to force everyone to get his poison. Gates needs another pie in the face.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Another big con man who pushes climate change is Joe Biden. He wants the mainstream media to report rapturous praise for his Bidenomics. Like Al Gore’s climate change bunk and Gate’s vaccine scam, Joe thinks he can gaslight everyone into thinking ‘happy days are here again,’ and agree with him — just because he tells them to. Yet the polls show Americans despise the traitorous old fool that is Joe Biden. I expect him to be jettisoned in 2024, because the globalist mafia men at the top want an even bigger con man—“Hair gel Gavin.”

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

Enjoy what’s left of 2023. We could see the legion of fraudsters that are the globalist Marxist Democrats push their vile bunk by means any means necessary — including brute force.

— Ben Garrison

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
To explain this to Garrison in the only terms he'd accept, the economic incentive for scientists to deny climate change is far, far greater than the incentive to acknowledge it and yet this still doesn't happen that often. It therefore makes sense that wait a minute did a Democrat politician just TELL HIM WHAT TO DO?! Oh well then gently caress all that Gore's a deep state America-hating creature of pure whiny malice

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Islamic Shock posted:

Same as Kissinger, he's a phylactery lich who was smart enough to put his counter on a darksteel land and give himself shroud so the table has to wait for someone to draw some fairly niche removal option

(this makes him immune to Wrath of God effects)
youve somehow made me hate him more

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Both of those comics make their subjects seem pretty great.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto posted:

Dec 25: Can't we just put our differences aside and enjoy the holidays my holiday?

Dec 26: Here's why black people are all predators.

JamesBont posted:

You called it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Both of those comics make their subjects seem pretty great.

I feel sorry for tiny Al Gore.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Downes:

Stormy challenging conditions in the Sydney to Hobart yacht race.

Knight:

Australia edge first day as Pakistan spill chances during rain-interrupted start to Boxing Day Test (Guardian).
Boxing Day sales: retailers expect shoppers to spend $1.25bn amid cost-of-living crisis (Guardian).

Lethbridge:

Albanese with Queensland premier Steven Miles. The Voice and the High Court decision on indefinite detention have been covered a lot in Aussie cartoons, the Queensland specific ones are the Gabba stadium being demolished and rebuilt for the Olympics and the "red carpet" attacks against the former premier Palaszczuk for attending social events.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Famously conservative text, A Christmas Carol.

Charles Dickens posted:

“At this festive season of the year, Mr. Scrooge,” said the gentleman, taking up a pen, “it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.”

“Are there no prisons?” asked Scrooge.

“Plenty of prisons,” said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

“And the Union workhouses?” demanded Scrooge. “Are they still in operation?”

“They are. Still,” returned the gentleman, “I wish I could say they were not.”

“The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?” said Scrooge.

“Both very busy, sir.”

“Oh! I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,” said Scrooge. “I’m very glad to hear it.”

“Under the impression that they scarcely furnish Christian cheer of mind or body to the multitude,” returned the gentleman, “a few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy the Poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth. We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. What shall I put you down for?”

“Nothing!” Scrooge replied.

“You wish to be anonymous?”

“I wish to be left alone,” said Scrooge. “Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don’t make merry myself at Christmas and I can’t afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned—they cost enough; and those who are badly off must go there.”

“Many can’t go there; and many would rather die.”

“If they would rather die,” said Scrooge, “they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population. Besides—excuse me—I don’t know that.”

“But you might know it,” observed the gentleman.

“It’s not my business,” Scrooge returned. “It’s enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people’s. Mine occupies me constantly. Good afternoon, gentlemen!”

Charles Dickens posted:

When the clock struck eleven, this domestic ball broke up. Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig took their stations, one on either side of the door, and shaking hands with every person individually as he or she went out, wished him or her a Merry Christmas. When everybody had retired but the two ’prentices, they did the same to them; and thus the cheerful voices died away, and the lads were left to their beds; which were under a counter in the back-shop.

During the whole of this time, Scrooge had acted like a man out of his wits. His heart and soul were in the scene, and with his former self. He corroborated everything, remembered everything, enjoyed everything, and underwent the strangest agitation. It was not until now, when the bright faces of his former self and Dick were turned from them, that he remembered the Ghost, and became conscious that it was looking full upon him, while the light upon its head burnt very clear.

“A small matter,” said the Ghost, “to make these silly folks so full of gratitude.”

“Small!” echoed Scrooge.

The Spirit signed to him to listen to the two apprentices, who were pouring out their hearts in praise of Fezziwig: and when he had done so, said,

“Why! Is it not? He has spent but a few pounds of your mortal money: three or four perhaps. Is that so much that he deserves this praise?”

“It isn’t that,” said Scrooge, heated by the remark, and speaking unconsciously like his former, not his latter, self. “It isn’t that, Spirit. He has the power to render us happy or unhappy; to make our service light or burdensome; a pleasure or a toil. Say that his power lies in words and looks; in things so slight and insignificant that it is impossible to add and count ’em up: what then? The happiness he gives, is quite as great as if it cost a fortune.”

He felt the Spirit’s glance, and stopped.

“What is the matter?” asked the Ghost.

“Nothing particular,” said Scrooge.

“Something, I think?” the Ghost insisted.

“No,” said Scrooge, “No. I should like to be able to say a word or two to my clerk just now. That’s all.”

Charles Dickens posted:

At last the dinner was all done, the cloth was cleared, the hearth swept, and the fire made up. The compound in the jug being tasted, and considered perfect, apples and oranges were put upon the table, and a shovel-full of chestnuts on the fire. Then all the Cratchit family drew round the hearth, in what Bob Cratchit called a circle, meaning half a one; and at Bob Cratchit’s elbow stood the family display of glass. Two tumblers, and a custard-cup without a handle.

These held the hot stuff from the jug, however, as well as golden goblets would have done; and Bob served it out with beaming looks, while the chestnuts on the fire sputtered and cracked noisily. Then Bob proposed:

“A Merry Christmas to us all, my dears. God bless us!”

Which all the family re-echoed.

“God bless us every one!” said Tiny Tim, the last of all.

He sat very close to his father’s side upon his little stool. Bob held his withered little hand in his, as if he loved the child, and wished to keep him by his side, and dreaded that he might be taken from him.

“Spirit,” said Scrooge, with an interest he had never felt before, “tell me if Tiny Tim will live.”

“I see a vacant seat,” replied the Ghost, “in the poor chimney-corner, and a crutch without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, the child will die.”

“No, no,” said Scrooge. “Oh, no, kind Spirit! say he will be spared.”

“If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, none other of my race,” returned the Ghost, “will find him here. What then? If he be like to die, he had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”

Scrooge hung his head to hear his own words quoted by the Spirit, and was overcome with penitence and grief.

Charles Dickens posted:

“Forgive me if I am not justified in what I ask,” said Scrooge, looking intently at the Spirit’s robe, “but I see something strange, and not belonging to yourself, protruding from your skirts. Is it a foot or a claw?”

“It might be a claw, for the flesh there is upon it,” was the Spirit’s sorrowful reply. “Look here.”

From the foldings of its robe, it brought two children; wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable. They knelt down at its feet, and clung upon the outside of its garment.

“Oh, Man! look here. Look, look, down here!” exclaimed the Ghost.

They were a boy and girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling, wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where graceful youth should have filled their features out, and touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has monsters half so horrible and dread.

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie of such enormous magnitude.

“Spirit! are they yours?” Scrooge could say no more.

“They are Man’s,” said the Spirit, looking down upon them. “And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!” cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. “Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And bide the end!”

“Have they no refuge or resource?” cried Scrooge.

“Are there no prisons?” said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. “Are there no workhouses?”

The bell struck twelve.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Go Woke, Go Ghost

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1739779370833874986?s=20

What a bunch of clowns

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wow, I don't know if I've seen clown shoes that also have a floppy heel

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

literally cackling out loud right now

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/BennettCartoons/status/1739803951271174272?s=20

New Year, New Bennett

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Mike Peters

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Been a while since I did one of these, but here we go from 1951 through 1952...

Liz 'n' Phil's first official visit to America. For someone who hates England so much, Parrish seems very concerned about the royals...

The Trib is surprisingly hostile to Eisenhower at this point in the campaign, probably because he flirted with running as a Democrat.

Yeah, there are quite a few "rising wages BAD" cartoons from this period.

Also quite a few cartoons about Truman's attempt to nationalize the steel companies, and the courts slapping him down.

And some nice examples of "states as animals" cartoons.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

drat, that’s a fine Florida

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That man isn't gonna gently caress Florida, is he?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Of Course You Have Free Speech

Ted Rall posted:

Is the right to free speech real in a world in which there are so many disincentives for using it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Ted Rall.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
“Waah, I don’t want to face consequences for saying poo poo.”

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

And they only pull out this blubbering bullshit when it's right wingers dealing with the fallout of being hateful little shits, too.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I just had an amazing supervillainhero idea

Extract the essence of Ted Rall's superhuman ability to piss people off with opinions they agree with and inject it straight into Rupert Murdoch's veins

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

What did you say, Ted?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

"How dare this guy spout rhetoric that I agree with!"

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Varvel has a Twitter. It barely gets any engagement. His average cartoon is posted with zero replies, maybe a dozen retweets and a thousand or so views. He didn't post his Zelinsky the pickpocketing Jew cartoon on there. However, ever since that one came out, he's actually getting traction, mostly just from people calling him an antisemite.

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

:fuckoff:

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm gonna go ahead and give this a Kellies Nomination: Worst Label, because holy poo poo, that is a terrible font to use. Just huge and bland. There are dozens, if not more, fonts that are Christmas-y looking and still perfectly legible.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ah yes, that famous catchphrase of the good guys: "humbug"

Trapezium Dave posted:

weird..."arrested" isn't on this list...
ALL of these things will always be true. for example how do you stop someone from being assaulted for what they said? 24 hour free speech guards that stand around you in case you want to shout the n-word?
this is such a rightwing cartoon it's embarrassing.

edit: i once had an argument with my boss about college scholarships. he said that college scholarships for black students were racist because if he started a college scholarship only for white kids he'd be called racist. i said "you just called them racist for giving scholarships to black kids"
it's another issue "that's different" when questioned about and no follow up. it's just "different"

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 27, 2023

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
"Why are you not disincentivizing me?" I shout, being cuffed and taken away after standing outside Ted Rall's home for 8 hours shouting "gently caress you Ted".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

What the gently caress do you want, Ted? Make a law that no one is allowed to react negatively when you say some stupid poo poo? Like no poo poo actions have consequences, thanks for joining us, dipshit.

Good thing the donkey cut himself off or the elephant would've just responded "no, none to them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, most people on the left agree to at least some extent that your ability to live shouldn’t depend upon a company that can fire you for any reason including their profit being record-breaking, but not record-breaking enough.