Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FoolyCharged posted:

You say this, but the history books show that this advice would have been of great use to all the people throughout history that attacked those fortresses anyway for a variety of reasons.

The trouble is that anyone who could've benefited from reading the advice wouldn't have taken it, because They Knew Better. [*]

It's kinda fun to think about stuff like Hitler deciding to override his generals and decide to do a mechanized invasion of France through the Ardennes, a REALLY loving STUPID IDEA that regardless worked because the loving idiot happened to roll a quad six. How much did poo poo like that give him the false confidence to keep doing it through the war, and when he inevitably did not get unbelievably lucky again and again, loving over his whole genocidal war machine?

To tie this back in with elon, I've long suspected that all the loving rear end in a top hat managers like him who engage in the "don't give me excuses, give me results" school of management have the same personality disorders (even if that is just terminal poo poo headedness) as all those idiots who decided that attacking 50000 dudes in an inpregnable fortress with their 3000 half-starved soldiers was a great idea and the generals who tried to tell them it was a terrible idea were just cowards who didn't have the vision and the strength of personality to GET poo poo DONE.

[*] honestly, I think a lot of the value in the Art of War was that it was written by the right person at the right time. so it made people sit up and take notice and meant that when he said "don't be the loving dumbass who pursues your enemy into an obvious trap", the assholes who would've done it normally were held in check by Sun loving Tzu having told everyone it was a terrible idea, so if they did it and somehow lived through it, they could look forward to a meeting with the headman's axe.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Oh poo poo, Elon bought Ford too?????

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sometimes the nazi site almost redeems itself.

https://twitter.com/schizarella/status/1739755263870292185

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 27, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Elviscat posted:

Poo poo pee pee, look at me I'm the richest, smartest man on earth

Yeah! 💯!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Portland native Elon Musk

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

"avant-garde persona" is a unique way to describe a complete loving idiot.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Oblivion was a pretty good track so she gets a pass

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Platystemon posted:

It is difficult to overstate how repulsive the man is even having only seen and heard him via the Internet.

It boggles the mind that a person, no matter how stupid, could go face to face with him and think “father my children :swoon:”.

I'm sure daddy's emerald fortune fits into that equation most of the time.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Oblivion was a pretty good track so she gets a pass

First time I heard the song and saw the video way back when I knew there was something really wrong with that girl. The beat was ok but the smurf vocals... Pitchfork and all the other corpo-indie idiots loved it, of course: https://pitchfork.com/features/directors-cut/8783-grimes-oblivion/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Samovar posted:

yeah. its one of those things where she clearly has the right to the kids and elon is being a weird monster rear end in a top hat about it but she is a total loving mess idiot in the best light and the kids are probably better off with anyone outside these two clowns.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

First time I heard the song and saw the video way back when I knew there was something really wrong with that girl. The beat was ok but the smurf vocals... Pitchfork and all the other corpo-indie idiots loved it, of course: https://pitchfork.com/features/directors-cut/8783-grimes-oblivion/

o gently caress the music authority has logged in

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. its one of those things where she clearly has the right to the kids and elon is being a weird monster rear end in a top hat about it but she is a total loving mess idiot in the best light and the kids are probably better off with anyone outside these two clowns.

grok raise kids like own

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

That characteristic blend of "checkmate, libtardos'" smug and stupid never fails to annoy me.

Christmas trees are pagan Germanic traditions, it's got gently caress all to do with Jesus.
Visiting family and giving gifts at Saturnalia are pagan Roman traditions, it's got gently caress all to do with Jesus.

You dense motherfucker.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

i feel no sympathy, elon was broadcasting "I am a gigantic scammer and enormous rear end in a top hat" signals long before they got together

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Philonius posted:

That characteristic blend of "checkmate, libtardos'" smug and stupid never fails to annoy me.

Christmas trees are pagan Germanic traditions, it's got gently caress all to do with Jesus.
Visiting family and giving gifts at Saturnalia are pagan Roman traditions, it's got gently caress all to do with Jesus.

You dense motherfucker.

As a Christmas loving atheist, I feel that Christmas is fun as a celebration of the positive aspects of consumerism.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Nigmaetcetera posted:

As a Christmas loving atheist, I feel that Christmas is fun as a celebration of the positive aspects of consumerism.

Same, secular Christmas rules

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Philonius posted:

You dense motherfucker.

Those don't count. Because JESUS.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the bot is at'ing everyone from the epstein docs about to be unsealed this week

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hazo posted:

Elon musk is too stupid to understand the villain’s message in the children’s movie The Incredibles

You mean the wife?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

You mean the wife?

Frozone

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Platystemon posted:

That doesn’t sound like the Grimes I know at all.

I barely know who this person is (other than Elon’s girlfriend) but every time I see her it freaks me out how she looks like a teenager

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She's like forty

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
*tapping the sign* grimes is not particularly interesting or worth getting mad over. shes just a dummy with bad taste in men

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

thathonkey posted:

*tapping the sign* grimes is not particularly interesting or worth getting mad over. shes just a dummy with bad taste in men

hope she sees this bro

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

thathonkey posted:

Yeah but goons gotta be weird about a woman.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

thathonkey posted:

Actually she's just as big a dummy as elon which does make her interesting and fun to make fun of. Her riverboat trip, choice of names for her kids, and all spaghetti diet are absolutely crackerpots nonsense that set her apart from the crowd in a point and laugh kind of way.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

This is canon now and we must only refer to him by his new name, Hiro

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

FoolyCharged posted:

Actually she's just as big a dummy as elon which does make her interesting and fun to make fun of. Her riverboat trip, choice of names for her kids, and all spaghetti diet are absolutely crackerpots nonsense that set her apart from the crowd in a point and laugh kind of way.
That's true, but she's not doing nearly as much damage to society as a whole. Meanwhile we've got one of the richest people on Earth obsessing over taking down trans people and Jewish people. It's kind of not the same.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I tend to embrace the message of A Christmas Carol: Christmas is a time for spreading love and joy, and remembering that we’re all fellow passengers to the grave and should look out for one another. Also telling people who use religion to oppress others to gently caress right off.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FoolyCharged posted:

all spaghetti diet are absolutely crackerpots nonsense
I think we should hear this out

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Barbora

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Looking at her LinkedIn I can't tell if she's a scammer or a crazy person.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

shyduck posted:

I think we should hear this out

nah, she didn't even put sauce on it, just butter. the worst all spaghetti diet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if the sperm donor is more responsible than either of them.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Further Reading posted:

Looking at her LinkedIn I can't tell if she's a scammer or a crazy person.

If they have an active LinkedIn profile I’d assume it’s both.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Samovar posted:

They call Elon an “abrasive futurist” which is a pretty good burn wrapped in objective journalism language

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Platystemon posted:

That doesn’t sound like the Grimes I know at all.

This is the first time I've ever heard her talk :stare:

Her voice is as pleasant as her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Poppy is better