Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

bobjr posted:

https://x.com/chrisgayomali/status/1570384974955560960?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

There was the trend of making your legs longer so you’d be taller, at the cost of being unable to walk comfortably ever again

Wouldn't... That make your legs look disproportionately long in comparison to the rest of your body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TFA has before and after pics, including x-rays

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

the article posted:

John remembers the first time[.] He was standing over the toilet to pee when the trajectory of his stream felt off. “And I’m pissing all over the place!” he tells me. “I’m not used to peeing being dangerous. I’m used to it going right there. I’m having to adjust for those three inches.”

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

You, broke: Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars because you believed all those manlet memes

Me, woke: just standing on my tippy toes for free

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Me, bespoke: just being OK with how tall I am already

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

TFA has before and after pics, including x-rays

It's pretty funny how the before/after pictures in the article don't show their entire body, subtly cropping them so that you can't see their short guy torsos and their freakishly long legs altogether

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Or a video of their dumb stilt gait as they pegleg up to the bar at a loud nightclub and shout into a woman's ear

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is there a surgery to do the opposite? I wouldn't mind losing a few inches. I'm pretty lazy too, so I could just sit around all day if walking became painful afterwards.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CloFan posted:

John remembers the first time[.] He was standing over the toilet to pee when the trajectory of his stream felt off. “And I’m pissing all over the place!” he tells me. “I’m not used to peeing being dangerous. I’m used to it going right there. I’m having to adjust for those three inches.”

Just get a three inches longer dick, idiot.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

Wouldn't... That make your legs look disproportionately long in comparison to the rest of your body?

It depends on your initial proportions. There's a fair bit of variation in leg/torso ratio in humans so if you have stumpy legs it wouldn't look weird. An ethical surgeon would recommend against the procedure if your proportions don't suit

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is there a surgery to do the opposite? I wouldn't mind losing a few inches. I'm pretty lazy too, so I could just sit around all day if walking became painful afterwards.

This is what kids who want to be a flight attendant do. Break their legs as they're growing so the legs don't get as long and you don't end up too tall for the job requirement. Sometimes it backfires and the kid ends up too short after deliberately breaking their legs a few times growing up.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I don’t think society can sustain gatekeeping body modifications once we can economically modify our limbs and poo poo. We’re normalizing gender changes, face modifications, breast augmentation, hair transplants.

Bring on the mod scene!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I don’t think society can sustain gatekeeping body modifications once we can economically modify our limbs and poo poo. We’re normalizing gender changes, face modifications, breast augmentation, hair transplants.

Bring on the mod scene!

The mod scene started back in the 50's. Most people alive weren't even born before that started up.

The scene scene started much more recently though so it kind of comes out in the wash.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The only ethical justification for leg lengthening surgery is as part of a battery of procedures to hide your genetic predisposition to heart conditions, so that you can can go into space

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

But if you make your legs longer, your tiny dick will look even smaller in comparison
Don't @ me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tendales posted:

The only ethical justification for leg lengthening surgery is as part of a battery of procedures to hide your genetic predisposition to heart conditions, so that you can can go into space

And you may not even need to do that if the doctor testing you is sympathetic

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

bobjr posted:

https://x.com/chrisgayomali/status/1570384974955560960?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

There was the trend of making your legs longer so you’d be taller, at the cost of being unable to walk comfortably ever again

Future use of Ron Desantis campaign funds.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The trick is you get a surgery to reduce the size of the rest of your body so it looks bigger

"When you trim the bushes your tree stands taller."

Tendales posted:

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

haveblue posted:

And you may not even need to do that if the doctor testing you is sympathetic

It's from the movie Gattaca.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

They know.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I had a Ilizarov frame a couple times for non-lengthening reasons and there was some excruciating pain involved when those pins were tightened. I also still get infections in the scars left by the pins.

Wouldn't recommend even if you're very insecure about your height.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

bobjr posted:

So that's what things would be like if I'd invented the leglonger.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I had my kneecap wired together in January and it sucked rear end so I can't imagine doing something a million times worse for cosmetic reasons. but then I'm a six foot trans woman.

maybe I should have the dick implant so it falls off

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I simply trained as a stilt walker so that all the Stacys flock to me while I tower over the Chads. Alas, if I get down from the stilts so they can access my genitals, they realize the deception and leave. It is a cursed life.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Poldarn posted:

:laffo:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Just do like Prince did and rock these, wear makeup and eyeliner and whip rear end.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Just do like Prince did and rock these, wear makeup and eyeliner and whip rear end.

Prince was 5'2" in his stockinged feet and was 1000% the king than any of these idiots could ever hope to be.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol @ spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to still not be 6' tall

Should've just bought a Ferrari you'd probably get more chicks lol

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm now reminded of Dennis Kucinich's very hot wife. It was like a hobbit married an elf.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Poldarn posted:

I heard the voice in my head

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Surely if I spend six figures to try and gain a few inches of height, the ladies won't notice I walk like the bug guy from the first men in black movie...

Sup ladies?
https://i.imgur.com/DIYKdge.mp4

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

If your Squirrel isn't delivered in 30 minutes, the next one's on us!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Surely if I spend six figures to try and gain a few inches of height, the ladies won't notice I walk like the bug guy from the first men in black movie...

Sup ladies?
https://i.imgur.com/DIYKdge.mp4

They're all used to you rudely downing sugar water by the bowlful anyway, that probably won't matter

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

bobjr posted:

Looks like some dudes need to stop watching Gattaca.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tendales posted:

Not your genetic predisposition, your very real heart condition that you have to hide by using recordings of someone else's heartbeats on all your medical tests

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The good news is, we succesfully made your leg bones 6 inches longer! Bad news is, we don’t know how to do the same for muscles or skin, so

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Never skip leg surgery day.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Trabant posted:

Never skip on leg surgery day.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is what an alpha male looks like

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Loooooooong looooooooooong ~mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Longer than you think, dad! Longer than you think!