Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

1stGear posted:

getting my comprehension of gender from a book written by the mad monk Abdul Alhazred

Yeah I struggled with gender trouble too. Her later works are a bit easier to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

how bout

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hitler was a twink and trump is a bear what's so hard to understand

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

I am not clicking Show More, but I do like that the "five ways" is a list of six items

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
3 ways that hitler is preferable to trump

1. he killed hitler
2. he's dead
3. he's dead as poo poo lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Byzantine posted:

You can't study something without defining what it is.

Bruh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Byzantine posted:

What is love?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I study poo poo without knowing what it is all the time. Sometimes I come away knowing what it is, sometimes I do not. Skill issue.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

There are loads of people who study poo poo like art history despite the impossibility of defining art or even history

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

kazil posted:

What is love?

Not getting hurt no more.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Does the genderologist that defines everyone else's gender have a gender?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Clerical Terrors posted:

It's an entire subgenre of Manosphere podcasts, I don't remember if it was Fresh N Fit doing it first but it's become a whole thing.

Never trust a podcast with a full video suite.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the what

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wish I could stop my thought process before it breaks the surface level

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

jjack229 posted:

I am not clicking Show More, but I do like that the "five ways" is a list of six items

quote:

Five ways Trump is preferable to Hitler

1. He doesn't practice genocide
2. He has nicer hair

Which lol I guess but I don't know if it's possible to pirouette your way into coming off well making this kind of joke

Even if you are one of the greatest living humorists or whatever

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dabir posted:

the what

Do not look it up. That way lies madness.

And MPreg.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Dabir posted:

the what

what if everyone had dog dicks the fanfic setting

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Knot Fiction

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Neito posted:

Do not look it up. That way lies madness.

And MPreg.

Well I'm a going to be getting a talking to from HR now after that brief search.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I wouldn't have thought Omegaverse would be a thing in Japan, glad we finally paid them back for tentacles.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

oh god this means there's a more than zero chance that an omegaverse anime ends up getting made doesn't it

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

1stGear posted:

I wouldn't have thought Omegaverse would be a thing in Japan, glad we finally paid them back for tentacles.

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it's a genre (sub-genre?) of romance writing now, with like, published paperbacks that you can buy in Indigo bookstores and stuff like that.

It's mostly fanfic with the serial numbers files off, but it's definitely a thing. It could definitely have reached Japan, plus it's about 30% of AO3 at this point.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

paying $4,000 a year for heat suppressant insurance even tho i'm a beta to avoid the mandate (:rimshot: ), thanks Omebama

e: I was curious and of course this exists

quote:

Transdynamics
Transdynamics: A transition from a person’s assigned dynamic at presentation (secondary gender) to a different one that corresponds with their personal identity.

People who identify as transdyanmic, as opposed to transgender, typically feel as though their natural instincts align more with a different dynamic than the dynamic they presented as. For example, someone who identifies as AtO (Alpha to Omega) may feel more instincts revolving around nurturing their loved ones rather than protecting their territory.

Further, trandynamic individuals report high levels of dynamic dysphoria, disliking being referred to as their presented dynamic and feeling “wrong” when expected to perform tasks or act within the bounds of their presented gender. This can occur in pack settings, relationships, or even professional environments.

Transdynamic people do not often have gender dysphoria as seen in trangender individuals. Transdynamic individuals may identify as transdynamic and transgender.

Main Transdynamic Identities:

AtO: Alpha to Omega

AtB: Alpha to Beta

OtA: Omega to Alpha

OtB: Omega to Beta

BtA: Beta to Alpha

BtO: Beta to Omega

Adynamic: Not identifying with any specific dynamic.

Transdynamic Flag:

Flag Meaning: The top red represents alpha, the second to top purple represents beta, the second to bottom blue represents omega, and the bottom white represents in-between or no dynamic.

Types of Treatments:

Sound Treatment: Sound treatment is similar to voice therapy. It focuses on changing the sounds an individual can make to fit the dynamic they identify as. For example, a BtO individual may go to sound treatment to learn how to purr.

Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): Trandynamic people take HRT, however, they typically take different hormones than transgender people. For example, transgender individuals take testosterone or estrogen, while transdynamic people take hormones that affect their pheromones and biological reactions (such as a biological reaction to a distressed pup) so they align more with the dynamic they identify as. Note, some transdynamic people take testosterone or estrogen as well so their body appears more like that of the dynamic they identify as.

Blockers/Suppressants: If a transdynamic individual cannot access HRT or is in the early stages of it, they will use blockers and/or suppressants to conceal their scent and pheromones. Blockers and suppressants are especially popular among adynamic individuals.

Ruts and Heats

Ruts and heats are extremely difficult to change for transdynamic people. Suppressants work to stop heats and ruts, however, being able to have a heat if you are, for example, AtO takes a lot of different treatments working together. Along with HRT and specific medication used to prepare the body, a surgery must be undergone to actually change the body’s biological mating cycle. However, the surgery is extremely difficult on the body and is hard to get approved for. Further, the first 1 to 3 years of heats/ruts will be irregular and unpleasant with constant check ups needed.

Society

Transdynamic individuals are less accepted than transgender individuals in omegaverse society. This is because primary gender (male, female, other) is not as important to the core of society as secondary gender. Some people view transdynamic individuals as people actively going against their role in society and what they were made for.

However, there are many transdynamic activists who are working to change transdynamic laws and raise awareness.

alpha beta omega a/b/o alpha/beta/omega verse alpha/beta/omega au transdynamics alpha beta omega headcanons a/b/o headcanons worldbuilding omegaverse headcanon omegaverse alpha beta omega omegaverse au alpha/beta/omega a/b/o verse headcanon a/b/o dynamics omegaverse dynamics omegaverse worldbuilding

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Deeply unpleasant

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Burning_Monk posted:

Well I'm a going to be getting a talking to from HR now after that brief search.

It's like watching a grenade fall at someone's feet, knowing you're too late to save them.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Hihohe posted:

how bout

Do you have this image without the text? Or with "both" instead?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

https://twitter.com/teoft_/status/1736075028792267163

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do like the metal gear styled one.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

tokin opposition posted:

paying $4,000 a year for heat suppressant insurance even tho i'm a beta to avoid the mandate (:rimshot: ), thanks Omebama

e: I was curious and of course this exists

I knew I was going to hate this and yet I read it anyway. I hate my brain sometimes.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Byzantine posted:

I'm on my phone, someone Photoshop that "Yep, it's wood" image accordingly.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Byzantine posted:

Gender studies seems like a nightmare of trying to define things that are impossible to delineate.

“How do angels relate to gender?” is a trick question promulgated by Mehmet II to sow division in your court.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I knew I was going to hate this and yet I read it anyway. I hate my brain sometimes.

Sounds like someone needs up their omegalactone

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

FITE! FITE! FITE!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ah a calibre of culture

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

This guy is a UFC loser lmao who the hell censored his name out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol I wonder what exact grievances that guy has. That minorities exist?