Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

i think it's the same flight logs from before yeah

yep we haven't seen anything new from this latest ruling yet.

now to take a big sip of water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Havana Syndrome is real insomuch as a “syndrome” is just a collection of observable symptoms, not a diagnosed illness. It’s almost certainly not caused by some kind of sonic weapon, though.

Since it has been reported in US embassies all over the place, not just in Cuba, the common thread appears to me to be the working conditions of consular staff. It’s especially noteworthy that it affects them and not their in-country family members.

I’m gonna call it acute stress and suggest what these State Department and CIA employees really need is a Union. :v:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Endman posted:

Havana Syndrome is real insomuch as a “syndrome” is just a collection of observable symptoms, not a diagnosed illness. It’s almost certainly not caused by some kind of sonic weapon, though.

Since it has been reported in US embassies all over the place, not just in Cuba, the common thread appears to me to be the working conditions of consular staff. It’s especially noteworthy that it affects them and not their in-country family members.

I’m gonna call it acute stress and suggest what these State Department and CIA employees really need is a Union. :v:

I'm still going with working with the state department or CIA is itself enough to cause literal brain damage

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bedpan posted:

I'm still going with working with the state department or CIA is itself enough to cause literal brain damage
We know for a fact that that working for the military causes brain damage, so it's not a huge stretch...

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

bedpan posted:

Honestly yeah

We don't fully understand the physiological effects of having to do horrible poo poo in a stressful environment, but we do know that it does have an effect.

Given the whole Gulf War Syndrome thing and how many times Timothy McViegh went to see his, I wonder how many times these consular officials and CIA gronks are visiting the dentist.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
is it safe?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Endman posted:

The other thing no one wants to talk about in a pandemic is that they slammed the embassy staff with a shitload of different vaccines that should have been spread out but weren't. Like not just the usual tropical diseases but also biological weapons too. A lot of what they're experiencing could also be side effects from that.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

havana syndrome is definitely caused by sonic weaponry because it has all the telltale signs of blast processing

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
sonic doesn't use weapons. do you mean shadow weaponry?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
hello madda
hello fadda
i gotta syndrome
it's called Havana!

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Doc Hawkins posted:

we're discussing this because not everyone here agrees with me.

but even if they did, the opinions of the posters of a dead forum's epstein thread do not represent those of my country's general population. the wide difference between what we know and what most people know is a common subject of discussion in this thread!

leaving aside the continued grossness of referring to groups of people with livestock terminology, who is "the herd"? the thread? even if im a brainless sheep only repeating positions i think are popular among this few dozen people, what the gently caress does that have to do with whistleblowers?

You implied Havana Syndrome sufferers were paranoid drunks while calling this forum a tiny minority. I'm surprised you'd object to using animal terminology based on your behavior so far.

All of this has to do with whistleblowers because dumb comments like yours perpetuate stereotypes and hearsay that aren't true. Unless you have something intelligent/funny to add you shouldn't regurgitate speculation you've read elsewhere.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
let’s give this guy Havana syndrome

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
epstine thread, Do Better

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

wont someone think of the feelings of the poor CIA agents reading this thread?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Trabisnikof posted:

wont someone think of the feelings of the poor CIA agents reading this thread?

havana syndrome is just what you get from reading alot of cspam

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
I think it's caused by hydrating with rum instead of water, personally.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Puppy Burner posted:

I think it's caused by hydrating with rum instead of water, personally.

That's Havana good time

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

blatman posted:

havana syndrome is just what you get from reading alot of cspam

a star on the wall at langley, not even their real name known, just their username 420StalinLuvr69 stamped on a bronze plaque to mark their sacrifice

Endman
May 18, 2010

I've had covid four times and I'm certainly havana good time over here

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hubbert posted:

hello madda
hello fadda
i gotta syndrome
it's called Havana!

This meter seems wrong, it should be more like:

hello madda
hello fadda
gotta syndrome
called Havana!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Human.Frank posted:

You implied Havana Syndrome sufferers were paranoid drunks while calling this forum a tiny minority.

lmao

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mr. Lobe posted:

This meter seems wrong, it should be more like:

hello madda
hello fadda
gotta syndrome
called Havana!

thank you

:blessed:

now let's return to whatever this thread is on about now

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
this thread might be kinda interested in the movie Leave the World Behind since the main plot is the us is under attack by an unknown assailant that is using all of the cia's disinfo tactics against the us and how terrifying that would be without acknowledging that they were responsible for developing all of those tactics also the teen gets havana syndrome and all his teeth fall out

also it was produced by the obamas

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
I've got Teen Havana Syndrome

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you should have one or two opinions that are incorrect but fun to defend

the reason hgtv shows like "house hunters" shows three houses in the episode is real estate "price fixing." the family already owns one of the three properties so the producers can pick two others and claim the price for them is similar

they might not even sell the properties they put on the show, but now they have precedent in the public consciousness of what an X sq ft home costs in Y neighborhood, As Seen On House Hunters

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bawk posted:

the reason hgtv shows like "house hunters" shows three houses in the episode is real estate "price fixing." the family already owns one of the three properties so the producers can pick two others and claim the price for them is similar

they might not even sell the properties they put on the show, but now they have precedent in the public consciousness of what an X sq ft home costs in Y neighborhood, As Seen On House Hunters

ooooo like RE private equity could a/b test a bunch of different property values with people in that city and see the highest price the market could bear

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

ooooo like RE private equity could a/b test a bunch of different property values with people in that city and see the highest price the market could bear

or even just try to drag property values up in a neighborhood thats been on a downward trend so they can dump the properties they only have as speculative holdings and wash their hands of it. then some poor schmuck buys the As Seen On HGTV house for above market price/under HGTV price and then watches the value deflate year over year.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Ive always believed those house renovation and flipping shows are created to drive the market for dilapidated properties.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We already know HGTV took millions from the fossil fuel industry to promote gas heating at a time when the government was trying to promote heat pumps

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Human.Frank posted:

You implied Havana Syndrome sufferers were paranoid drunks

they are

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
If you work for a letter agency, you'd realize that our government is filled to its tits with drunks and coke fiends. That's like the least controversial statement in this entire thread!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The "have you ever done a drug" question is designed to filter out anyone gormless enough to be truthful against their own interests

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bawk posted:

they also always show one house that is clearly just a showroom for vinyl floors and fancy tiles etc for the buyer couple to say "wow its perfect but slightly above our price range"

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Trabisnikof posted:

Can you really “whistleblow” by agreeing with the official CIA narrative?

The CIA says that despite medical and scientific evidence that Havana Syndrome is real.

(I think Havana Syndrome is real, in so much that Mass Psychogenic Illness is real. )

i think havana syndrome is real, in that hangovers are real

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i personally choose to believe that elderly raul castro has invented and deployed a brain killing weapon against the aggressor state during his retirement

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Fuckt Tupp posted:

this thread might be kinda interested in the movie Leave the World Behind since the main plot is the us is under attack by an unknown assailant that is using all of the cia's disinfo tactics against the us and how terrifying that would be without acknowledging that they were responsible for developing all of those tactics also the teen gets havana syndrome and all his teeth fall out

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

i personally choose to believe that elderly raul castro has invented and deployed a brain killing weapon against the aggressor state during his retirement

Raul, a mischievous glint in his eye, "one last dance..."

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

mycomancy posted:

If you work for a letter agency, you'd realize that our government is filled to its tits with drunks and coke fiends. That's like the least controversial statement in this entire thread!

The paranoid drunks line comes from the heads of the CIA who were trying to discredit people who claimed to have experienced Havana syndrome, so people who say that poo poo are parroting the official CIA narrative. Personally, I like to think twice before holding the same views as creepy fucks like that but who am I to tell others what to think, I can only criticize their posts.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Fuckt Tupp posted:

Does anyone know something about the book?

The movie is some sort of psy-op. It's worth watching for the fact that clearly Obama is tapdancing in blood, to see the mask pulled that far backwards. Otherwise, it's a terrible movie. Just awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Human.Frank posted:

The paranoid drunks line comes from the heads of the CIA who were trying to discredit people who claimed to have experienced Havana syndrome, so people who say that poo poo are parroting the official CIA narrative. Personally, I like to think twice before holding the same views as creepy fucks like that but who am I to tell others what to think, I can only criticize their posts.

Broken Clock, OP.