Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EGalz18 posted:

Yay! The Abyss was also very pretty, but the green felt like a more fitting choice.

This was the other option...

Ah ha! You were my first guess as to who it was (because you knew it was my birthday and I assumed the only place someone would see that was Elfster)

Fantastic, bees would have been cool too, but harder to hang up. Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Shellception posted:

Time to get Vig an all vigs all the time game for as many people as they can fit. Sign up for a free gun and as many shots as you can take (before someone shoots you back, that is)!

Only a few hours left to join this one, currently uhhh around 45 players in lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey everyone, unfortunately I guess I started my game late and it's not finished yet, so I'm afraid we're going to have to postpone Christmas. Let's circle back in a few days

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Opop stole Christmas!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

Hey everyone, unfortunately I guess I started my game late and it's not finished yet, so I'm afraid we're going to have to postpone Christmas. Let's circle back in a few days

Bad news, everyone, it's been stolen this year

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Good thing it got stolen after it was over, so nbd.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Opopanax posted:

Thank you Santa!!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Scum deserved Christmas too

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz posted:

Scum deserved Christmas too

they just wanted it more

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Fakeclaim Mafia is now accepting signups! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050531

Ever claimed a role that you wish was actually real? Join and make that dream come true!

If you don't want to play, but have a really great role, let me know and maybe someone else will get it!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cloacamazing! posted:

Fakeclaim Mafia is now accepting signups! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050531

Ever claimed a role that you wish was actually real? Join and make that dream come true!

If you don't want to play, but have a really great role, let me know and maybe someone else will get it!

Hmm, only really clever one I remember off the top of my head is General Leo the 4x Vidge, but that feels a bit played out rn lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:blastu:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmm, only really clever one I remember off the top of my head is General Leo the 4x Vidge, but that feels a bit played out rn lol

Backup Miller

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cloacamazing! posted:

Ever claimed a role that you wish was actually real?
Quentin Tarantino the Momentum Vig.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

I wish I could find the game where winvirus claimed to have a post restriction that required him to post in Hyrulean, and he uploaded a series of images of scrawling characters and then flipped bog standard vanilla town

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I’m currently chewing on ideas for a Pokémon-themed soldiers game, because I come up with my best and worst ideas at 6 AM.

If anyone has experience with designing/running them, I'd love some help with not making it an unbalanced mess that'll collapse in ten minutes.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 30, 2023

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Omg clo thank you so much for sending me bees all the way from the other side of the world!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reminder that if you haven't received anything let me know, and if you haven't sent anything/had an issue sending that's fine but let me know that as well so I can follow up

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Omg clo thank you so much for sending me bees all the way from the other side of the world!

You're welcome!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why aren't we thanking the bees for surviving

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here are the bees in question

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I promised bees, I delivered bees.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oi, is the meta to generally try to execute someone day 1? If so, why?

I've seen this a few times and I can't figure it out, and I don't anticipate getting a non-irony-poisoned answer within an active game thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
voting is one of the most powerful tools the town has. not using it gives up a lot of information for little benefit and cedes the momentum to the scum. if town has a decent day one scum will likely be in a more reactive position, giving that up forces town in the reactive role.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A day one execution gives the town information. Avoiding an execution on day 1 gives the town no information.

One of those is superior to the other.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Potato Salad posted:

I've seen this a few times and I can't figure it out, and I don't anticipate getting a non-irony-poisoned answer within an active game thread.

Without D1’s kill, D2 becomes D1, again.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mordiceius posted:

A day one execution gives the town information. Avoiding an execution on day 1 gives the town no information.

One of those is superior to the other.

Elaborating on this, what do we mean by information - it means you can examine other players' interactions with and voting patterns on the flipped player with firm knowledge of their alignment. That's useful enough to be worthwhile despite the high chance of flipping a townie.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Maugrim posted:

Elaborating on this, what do we mean by information - it means you can examine other players' interactions with and voting patterns on the flipped player with firm knowledge of their alignment. That's useful enough to be worthwhile despite the high chance of flipping a townie.

Absolutely.

There is an incredibly disproportional chance that you'll flip a townie on D1. That still gives very important information and gives any town people with night actions something more concrete to work from.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Potato Salad posted:

Town of Salem meta is wrong.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the secret truth is nk-ing day one is just something people do because of the sting of getting killed first and they make up lies about how its beneficial. there is nothing wrong with this, its a fault of mafia because mafia is a bad game. player elimination is a bad mechanic but it works fine in longer form games like on the forums.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Potato Salad posted:

voting is important and it's important to vote when you're given the opportunity even if you don't really know anything about the candidates positions or alignments so just vote for whoever you want to based on vibes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

Town of Salem meta is wrong.

alternatively always listen to merk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ilmucche posted:

alternatively always listen to merk

i literally stopped making reads entirely and just leaned on merk/yuming/hal for a few years and my winrate ticked up a disgusting amount

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

as a community service, I've endeavored to be such a perpetual dumbass that most players wouldn't feel that bad voting me out D1 as a sacrificial goat, but for some reason it hasn't worked so far

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A ton of townies dying is a statistic, a missed chance at killing scum is a tragedy

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Potato Salad posted:

Legitimately it is the starting point to create reads on people. Take the recent vigs mafia, nobody had a single clue who was scum (except Dhaes, lol) until people actually started to play on day 3. I was killed next because I didn't have the energy to fully resist merk's case on me based on that same day (and also because people have apparently forgotten what scum merk looks like, shame on them). If the thread had taken Pecota's advice to start playing Day 2, that might have ended in a town win instead. Scum have the most incentive to push people for votes and lead everyone around by the nose when they can do it without being found suspicious, town otoh has no clue whoscum and is generally guessing so their incentive structure on voting and cases are different. Town has to agree to execute even other town initially because if it doesn't, that just sets town back on time without cementing the kinds of poo poo that make scum stand out and also cementing whether someone who was passionately trying to get someone dead was right, wrong, or scummy for it. You can't tell if someone is scummy nearly as easy if you have no idea what the alignments are of the people they have talked about, pushed, and defended.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

MockingQuantum posted:

as a community service, I've endeavored to be such a perpetual dumbass that most players wouldn't feel that bad voting me out D1 as a sacrificial goat, but for some reason it hasn't worked so far

That's because Sandwolf keeps accidentally shooting you.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf is the worst and you should always vote for that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ilmucche posted:

Sandwolf is the worst and you should always vote for that guy

He pronounces his own name as “sand-woof.”