Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Flikken posted:

Backup/unvaccinated?????

The gently caress?

Wentz had COVID and was unvaccinated, but the NFL changed the rules before the Raiders played the Colts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2021/12/28/carson-wentz-unvaccinated-colts-qb-covid-19-list/9035676002/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm pretty sure if Davis doesn't give AP the job at this point, his house will burn to the ground

Man just embarrassed two divisional rivals back to back, that should earn him at least another year.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Davis didn't.

Shrimpy posted:

Wentz had COVID and was unvaccinated, but the NFL changed the rules before the Raiders played the Colts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2021/12/28/carson-wentz-unvaccinated-colts-qb-covid-19-list/9035676002/

lol of course

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shrimpy posted:

I was hoping it was a reference to that time ALL of the Broncos QBs got busted for taking off their COVID contact trackers during a meeting and they had to play a WR at quarterback. Cause that was an extremely funny highlight in an otherwise depressing year. But it was the wrong season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I generally against hiring the interim because how often is the best person already in the building but the Raiders should 100% hire Pierce.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I honestly wouldn't mind if we kept Tabor at this point tbh. I like the way he speaks about the team.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The knock against guys like AP is one of two things. They are going to be patriots way style idiots who ruin the team or without strong ocs/dcs they won't win enough for it to matter

I think former players largely avoid the patriots way bullshit. MCDC AP and Vrabel are all former players who are more culture/leadership guys. The harder problem is how do you build a staff because your oc/dc is gonna get hired away in a few years if they are any good. Now maybe it works the Lions are certainly trying it with paying Ben like a hajillion dollars a year but there is your downside.

Also, something to be said that this might just be the best AP is ever going to be. The team hated Josh (who could've guessed it!) So much that it was hard for them to get worse

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wouldn't put him under The Patriot Way/Belichick tree at all. 3 years with Herm Edwards at Arizona State and 2 under Josh. Played for Coughlin and Schottie. He's just set up to be Vrabel that we can't stick under any tree.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

No sorry not that he's in the patriots way camp but a lot of the failed leadership style coaches of recent memory came from patriots and I think left teams with a bad taste in their mouth after the trainwrecks they caused.

Folks like Dan Campbell, Vrabel etc have done some good work rehabilitating that 'style' of coaching for lack of a better word

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's amusing to me that a lot of people hated the Campbell hire when it happened, largely because of that opening speech, but everyone seems on board the Pierce train now. They're the same coach! Pierce is the defense version of Campbell.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's amusing to me that a lot of people hated the Campbell hire when it happened, largely because of that opening speech, but everyone seems on board the Pierce train now. They're the same coach! Pierce is the defense version of Campbell.
And I feel like people are buying too hard into Campbell’s public persona: dude knew offense well enough to can Anthony Lynn and take over play-calling (and was notably much better at it than Lynn was, IIRC). Both Campbell and Vrabel (and DeMeco Ryans, for that matter) are a lot more than glorified cheerleaders, even if “leadership” is their calling card.

In any case, I hadn’t known Pierce had hired Marvin Lewis as a consultant, but it certainly leads me to believe he was smart and humble enough to know he was out of his depth and needed some extra help from an experienced veteran. And that’s really encouraging, on top of how the team has been playing. A lot of coaches are too arrogant and stubborn to do something like that (see McDaniels, Josh for an example), and it demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow and adapt that could make him great.
The Raiders can and certainly have done a lot worse than Anthony Pierce, is all I’m saying. And I’m all for them squeezing Mahomes muppet rear end throat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The public turn on the Chiefs this year has been lovely

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

The staged relationship being shoved down our throats by the corporate overlords for most was a step too far.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can only speak for me but I was consistent on thinking NFL dynasties sucked during the Brady era and very much didn't want that followed up with another one (despite Mahomes fans at the time telling me I was wrong and unfun three AFC Championship Games ago)

For those who didn't bend on the matter in the 3 years since, what finished them off visibly was Mahomes (and Andy) crying like babies about the ref not giving them fair warning about the most noticeably offsides man in the world, and how it ruined the addition of a 3 second clip to Kelce's HOF-acceptance video highlights reel. Evidently some people can take the same two people winning forever and ever as long as they aren't sore losers during the coffee break in between

It's not about the differences in how we got to the same, correct destination though; just matters that we're here at it

edit: Also Taylor Swift and her music are both my fav and I'm not letting this bad team affect my opinion of her just like I don't let some of her fans affect my opinion of her

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 28, 2023

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Mahomes does cool poo poo to win games

Brady was boring as gently caress except when he had Moss, had a good running game and defense to back him.

To me that's the main difference.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

syzpid posted:

Brady was boring as gently caress except when he had Moss, had a good running game and defense to back him.

I think people have forgotten how much Brady complained if a defender so much as breathed on him. Mahomes complaints about the refs and stuff this season are nothing compared to that.

Also the Patriots cheated constantly and “Patriot way :patssay:” bullshit was more annoying than anything the Chiefs have done by a mile.

I like Taylor Swift and have no issues with seeing her on tv/during games :boom: :shrug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My issue is not with Swift but the weird ways the television crews focus on her. The Nick broadcast had a literal Taylor cam that showed her in the corner during entire plays, and it felt almost creepy how much they focused on her simply watching a football game. Let her just enjoy the drat game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

I think people have forgotten how much Brady complained if a defender so much as breathed on him. Mahomes complaints about the refs and stuff this season are nothing compared to that.

Also the Patriots cheated constantly and “Patriot way :patssay:” bullshit was more annoying than anything the Chiefs have done by a mile.

I like Taylor Swift and have no issues with seeing her on tv/during games :boom: :shrug:

Brady (and like 90% of QBs) all whine on the field for flags.

Brady didn't go into the presser whining about how a correctly called penalty tarnished Gronk's legacy the way Mahomes did

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Also, Boston sports fans.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

Brady (and like 90% of QBs) all whine on the field for flags.

Brady didn't go into the presser whining about how a correctly called penalty tarnished Gronk's legacy the way Mahomes did

Maybe not but that’s still 1 dumb thing Mahomes did compared to Brady doing whiny cheater stuff a billion times per game.

Mahomes owns and Andy owns. I hope they win enough rings to shut the door on any conversation of Brady being GOAT.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Maybe not but that’s still 1 dumb thing Mahomes did compared to Brady doing whiny cheater stuff a billion times per game.

Mahomes owns and Andy owns. I hope they win enough rings to shut the door on any conversation of Brady being GOAT.

I hope they do not

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I know interims usually don't get hired, but I wonder if Pierce has a better shot than usual because the Raiders were just in this position a couple years ago

Bisaccia went on that strong run as an interim and then they pursued an offseason splash hire instead of giving him s shot at the full-time gig

Given how that turned out last time, maybe they stick with the interim this time

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

syzpid posted:

Tom Brady did awesome things to win games all the time. You guys cant appreciate the art of a finely tuned machine doing it's thing

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

I know interims usually don't get hired, but I wonder if Pierce has a better shot than usual because the Raiders were just in this position a couple years ago

Bisaccia went on that strong run as an interim and then they pursued an offseason splash hire instead of giving him s shot at the full-time gig

Given how that turned out last time, maybe they stick with the interim this time

Bisaccia had a weak schedule and COVID factors to the Raiders run.

This run has been benefiting from a couple injuries but they beat KC with Mahomes and Kelce in Arrowhead. I think the team is stronger right now than they were under Bisaccia, and Pierce has pretty much immediately changed the culture of the team post McDaniels.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chris James 2 posted:

Can only speak for me but I was consistent on thinking NFL dynasties sucked during the Brady era and very much didn't want that followed up with another one (despite Mahomes fans at the time telling me I was wrong and unfun three AFC Championship Games ago)

For those who didn't bend on the matter in the 3 years since, what finished them off visibly was Mahomes (and Andy) crying like babies about the ref not giving them fair warning about the most noticeably offsides man in the world, and how it ruined the addition of a 3 second clip to Kelce's HOF-acceptance video highlights reel. Evidently some people can take the same two people winning forever and ever as long as they aren't sore losers during the coffee break in between

It's not about the differences in how we got to the same, correct destination though; just matters that we're here at it

edit: Also Taylor Swift and her music are both my fav and I'm not letting this bad team affect my opinion of her just like I don't let some of her fans affect my opinion of her

:lmao: what is this post

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think that Andy Reid should be on the hot seat not because the team has no wideouts but because I am sick of the State Farm ads

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

No seriously what the hell is this post

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

my only concern with this is if they win they're definitely doing that "no one believed in us" bit to the extreme

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

my only concern with this is if they win they're definitely doing that "no one believed in us" bit to the extreme

I don't believe in them and I don't really think anyone should though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Am I missing something about that post? Dude doesn't like dynasties.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You can just say that without being a sanctimonious weirdo about it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just want to say that I appreciate leadership groups that are willing to cut bait and see that something isn't working despite having spent a lot of resources on it. Russ isn't even playing that terribly but they are being forward looking. Contrast that to the jets flushing 2 more seasons down the shitter with Zach Wilson after it was clear he wasn't the guy in year 1. A complete 180 degree flip in terms of basic competence.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I don't believe in them and I don't really think anyone should though

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
I guess I don’t get what was sanctimonious about that post but whatever. chiefs bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The post was fine and the chiefs are getting annoying. he's right.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Even with the recent meltdown of Reid and Mahomes, they’re still a bit too likable which makes them far worse villains than brady/belichick, ultimately making them more unlikable

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pontius Pilate posted:

Even with the recent meltdown of Reid and Mahomes, they’re still a bit too likable which makes them far worse villains than brady/belichick, ultimately making them more unlikable

1) Getting a little to cute with the Toney rec project.
2) Insane Kelcie media clout chasing and over expoure
3) Brady/Pats level of expecting to get every single call like it's your loving birthright. (The Jets got screwed)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pontius Pilate posted:

I expect Tom Brady to be fake, kiss his kids on the mouth, and cheat. It doesn't hurt when he does these things. But when Reid and Mahomes do it, they're supposed to be the good guys. They're supposed to be better than that. It just hurts more. And that makes them the true monsters.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also KC offense is still pretty good, overall. Which is wild because lol their wrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The only dynasty I support is the Lions dynasty that's taking root as we speak. Feel free to quote this post the first time I complain about Dan Campbell in next season's coaching thread.