Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LurchinTard posted:

were there any knight houses closely associated with the blood angels?
I’m not sure how accurate it is but the Adeptus Titanicus Wiki was useful for me when I was trying to find a house to use as an ally for my loyalist Iron Warriors. Their page on the Blood Angels indicates that they were allied to House Devine, Donar, Indra, Kaushik and Mamaragon and there are links to each of those from that page.

You can also take a look at the Legios they were allied to and see if they have vassal houses since those would also theoretically be deployed alongside them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
I appreciate it!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LurchinTard posted:

I appreciate it!
I forgot to mention it earlier but it's usually a good idea to cross check the history of the houses in question using Lexicanum or the main WH40K wiki site because the AT wiki is basically just stated facts about stuff rather than any context.

Looking into it a bit further I can see that the Blood Angels were present during the Battle of Molech and that's where all 5 of the listed allied houses were based. I believe that of the 5 only House Mamaragon (and potentially some loyalists from House Devine that weren't part of them turning traitor at Molech) actually survived Molech so if you're doing narrative stuff in the mid-to-late Heresy Era and you want to be "accurate" you'll probably want to look into either of those.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
That’s a good approach because tbh outside of examples like Vornherr/Ultramarines or Aerthegn/Sons of Horus, there’s not much detail in the background about knight houses that were close to particular legions. Generally the best you’ll get is stuff like “they both fought in the whatever compliance together” but usually that’s more than enough to hang a history on.

Same as titan legions really, just more pronounced with knights.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/28/whats-coming-to-the-horus-heresy-in-2024/

The video shows a command squad standard bearer and what can only be :siren:plastic solar aux:siren:. There's even a little light sentinel thing. No real obfuscation on any of this like with the 40k or AoS videos.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The standard bearer looks like he's in MkIII - I was suspicious they'd snuck a secret MkV reveal in there but no golf balls.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Kinda fun that the Solar aux are set to have a tiny little sentinel and a big chunky sentinel. 10k years of work to get it juuust right.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

moths posted:

The standard bearer looks like he's in MkIII - I was suspicious they'd snuck a secret MkV reveal in there but no golf balls.

MkV command would be weird without MkV plastic kit.

On the other hand, MkVI command? Wot's dat?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

GhastlyBizness posted:

Kinda fun that the Solar aux are set to have a tiny little sentinel and a big chunky sentinel. 10k years of work to get it juuust right.

Hermes Light Sentinel according to LI lore snippet.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I’m guessing the command squad will have a variety of armor marks.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

I’m guessing the command squad will have a variety of armor marks.
I'd sincerely love for that to be the case. I'd buy the kit multiple times just for conversion parts. I love kitbashing weird consuls.

I'm in the weird boat where I don't actually want a standard command squad even though it's a fantastic unit. Deathwing companions are just that little bit better than them. However, they can't take a legion standard and so aren't scoring. It's their main downside and can be relevant in smaller formats like ZM.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

leaning towards it being an upgrade sprue... the arms look like they're using a generic design with that little extra MK3 vambrace part, like the heavy support arms, and I think that's one of the MK3 kit bodies... I suppose that could just mean it's designed with spreading the extra parts around in mind, but seems weird to show that as your example in a teaser instead of something with only new parts

anyway, nice to see a return to the egg with leg style for that new sentinel

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It'd be great if all upgrade kits were that style of armour agnostic arms.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm debating between Salamanders or Blood Angels. What are some playstyle differences and some other troops to flesh out the army after the HH box?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm debating between Salamanders or Blood Angels. What are some playstyle differences and some other troops to flesh out the army after the HH box?

Blood Angels basically want to be charging all the time. Their bonuses kick in when they charge, and all of but one of their unique units are designed to charge better or hit harder when they charge. Their armies tend to be infantry heavy, and especially favor jump pack troops.

Salamanders unique units are a unique flamer/melta support squad in artificer armor, and arguably the best Terminators in the game with the option of Thunder Hammers and a 3++. Tactically, they’re all about a mix of durability and staying in the fight even when they are getting “whupped.”

In both cases, you’re going to want to look at Forgeworld units, or prints of Forgeworld units. BAs are going to want Assault Marines in large numbers.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Assessor of Maat posted:

leaning towards it being an upgrade sprue... the arms look like they're using a generic design with that little extra MK3 vambrace part, like the heavy support arms, and I think that's one of the MK3 kit bodies... I suppose that could just mean it's designed with spreading the extra parts around in mind, but seems weird to show that as your example in a teaser instead of something with only new parts

anyway, nice to see a return to the egg with leg style for that new sentinel

You know what? You're right. That rotating silhouette seems to show off the rounded universal elbow pads used on the heavy weapon upgrade sprue (and, for that matter, on the resin despoiler squad sprue), not the flanged elbow used on the dedicated Mark III armor, so that's universal arms.

I assume the kit will come with dudes and not just be an upgrade box, because it's on the roadmap as "Legion Command Squad" rather than "Legion Command Squad Upgrades," but while I'd previously assumed that if it was going to come with dudes they'd probably be new dudes just because the Command Squad unit is automatically wearing artificer armor and that'd be a good way to justify putting out plastic artificer variants of some armor marks, the silhouette visible in the video doesn't have any artificer elaboration -- it looks like body pose 4 of the new plain MkIII armor kit, so torso/leg pieces 23, 24, 25, and 26, plus new arms holding a flag.

So here's my prediction for what the Legion Command Squad box is gonna be: It's gonna be two sprues of the new MkIII armor kit from the Legiones Astartes Battle Group box (so, ten guys), plus one upgrade sprue the size of the new jump pack sprue from the new MkVI assault marines (so, twice as big as the new universal sergeant upgrades sprue), for the same price as the new MkVI assault marines. The bits on the upgrade sprue will be designed to work with all the new plastic armor kits. Alternately it'll come with one of the sergeant upgrade sprues and the command upgrade sprue will be the same size as that.

And then in the future we may see other types of squad released the same way, like if we get a refreshed 20 dude MkIV tactical squad kit in summer 2024 it might get followed up by a plastic recon squad that's just 10 of the new MkIV dudes and a new Recon Upgrades sprue; this'd be a way for GW to internally justify paying development costs on a bunch of different versions of what's essentially the same tactical squad box, because each armor mark is also on a spreadsheet somewhere as having its dev costs covered by sales of another type of squad kit.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 29, 2023

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Broken Record Talk posted:

Blood Angels basically want to be charging all the time. Their bonuses kick in when they charge, and all of but one of their unique units are designed to charge better or hit harder when they charge. Their armies tend to be infantry heavy, and especially favor jump pack troops.

Salamanders unique units are a unique flamer/melta support squad in artificer armor, and arguably the best Terminators in the game with the option of Thunder Hammers and a 3++. Tactically, they’re all about a mix of durability and staying in the fight even when they are getting “whupped.”

In both cases, you’re going to want to look at Forgeworld units, or prints of Forgeworld units. BAs are going to want Assault Marines in large numbers.

There’s also the Exemplary Battles units, which you have to convert. The Salamanders one is apparently pretty good.

It looks like the BA lost all their legion-specific legacy units, though, which is a bit surprising.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Yvonmukluk posted:

It looks like the BA lost all their legion-specific legacy units, though, which is a bit surprising.

I'm trying to remember what the heck we had that we're missing now...

Angels Tears
Crimson Paladins
Contemptor-Incaendius
Dawnbreakers
Predator w/ Assault Cannon swap (not technically a unique unit per se, but certainly a BA classic)

Sanguinius
Raldoran
Aster Crohne

Am I forgetting one?

The only thing I've personally felt is "missing" is Assault Cannons on Cavalry models, since only Infantry, Dreads, and Vehicles can swap them out now, meaning my Assault Cannon Attack Bikes are no longer a thing :argh:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm trying to remember what the heck we had that we're missing now...

Angels Tears
Crimson Paladins
Contemptor-Incaendius
Dawnbreakers
Predator w/ Assault Cannon swap (not technically a unique unit per se, but certainly a BA classic)

Sanguinius
Raldoran
Aster Crohne

Am I forgetting one?

The only thing I've personally felt is "missing" is Assault Cannons on Cavalry models, since only Infantry, Dreads, and Vehicles can swap them out now, meaning my Assault Cannon Attack Bikes are no longer a thing :argh:

I meant the Legacies of the Age of Darkness PDF, where Crohne's rules used to be, but they seem to have been removed as of the latest revision. Are they in a book now? I guess he was the only BA specific unit in that PDF.

Edit: The Blood Angels did also get the Ofanim court in their Exemplary battle that look quite good.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 30, 2023

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Overall, Blood Angels are meant to be a fast, hard hitting force built around jump packs and melee units. They need the charge for their legion special rule to work so you want to build your army with that in mind. +1 to wound is no joke and can make even mediocre units potentially scary. Dedicated melee units become powerhouses that very little can slow down. Speed and massed deep strike are how you make the most of this. The Blood Angels unique reaction is also pretty good. It's done in the shooting phase and gives a unit Shrouded (5+) and then lets them perform an out of sequence charge. Obviously, this only works up close, but if you're playing aggressively (like you should) it'll come up.

Blood Angels also have some interesting wargear available to them, the first being the inferno pistol. It's a simple swap for a plasma pistol and is just a 6" meltagun. It's a neat option and you can probably do something funny with a moritat. Then they have the perdition weapons which are upgraded power weapons that any character can take, even sergeants. They're 5 points more than normal, but come with +1S and Brutal (2). They also become two-handed, but that's a fair trade. Blood Angels are also one of the designated assault cannon legions along with the Imperial Fists. You've got pretty broad access to them, but they're not cheap. You can do dumb stuff like dreadnoughts with assault cannon fists or predators with a twin-linked assault cannon turret, assault cannon sponsons, and a pintle-mounted assault cannon if you really want to.

There are two unique Blood Angels Rites of War and they offer pretty different play styles:
  • Day of Revelation is all about jump packs. It gives you reliable, if telegraphed, deep strike and both you and your opponent will know when and where you'll be arriving. This can let them prepare so if you run this you'll have to play around that a bit. Your regularly deployed units also gain Fearless for the first turn to help ensure you don't get tabled before your reinforcements arrive. Downsides are pretty minor here. Any unit that can deep strike must do so, your compulsory HQ choice must have a jump pack, you can't take fortifications, and you can't deploy via subterranean assault.
  • Day of Sorrows is about holding ground at all costs. Crimson Paladins become non-compulsory troops with Line. Your units are stubborn within 6" of an objective and as they get whittled down below 50% they gain additional bonuses. Line (if they don't have it already), Heart of the Legion, and Hatred. The major downside here is that this Rite of War locks you out of alternate deployment methods like deep strike or outflanking. Even regular reserves are not allowed. You also must always issue a challenge in combat and your depleted units are forced to attempt a charge if they can.

Their unique units are pretty diverse. Not much overlap here though jump packs feature heavily:
  • The Crimson Paladins are tanky terminators meant to hold ground. They gain Feel No Pain when outnumbered in combat and their shields reduce incoming wound rolls from melee attacks. They have power swords with rending (5+) and sunder so they can take on most things pretty well. Access to powerfists is limited, however. They also come with deep strike built in which is rare for 30k.
  • The Dawnbreakers are your jump pack elites and come with either spears or anime swords. Both options are powerful so either build works, but we only have official models for the spears. These guys absolutely must get the charge to be effective, but they're an excellent unit. W2 with 2+ saves will protect them against bolters pretty well though their lack of an invulnerable save means heavy weapons will chew through them.
  • Angel's Tears are a unique variant of a destroyer squad. They come with jump packs and dual volkite serpentas, but can upgrade to heavier weapons like rad grenade launchers or even assault cannons. They're primarily a ranged unit, but they're no slouches in combat either. They still have a destroyer statline with two attacks, chainswords, and rad grenades.
  • They have a very silly contemptor dreadnought, the Incaendius, with a one-use rocket booster that lets it either move like a jump pack once per game or deep strike.
  • Finally, they have a unit from the Exemplary Battles series of pdfs - The Ofanim Court. They're an alternate command squad meant to represent the legion's secret police/executioners. They're a very cool unit with unique greatswords and are meant for challenges. They gain some nice bonuses like +1I and rending on a 4+. They can also take jump packs. Unfortunately, they're limited to a unit of 5. Good for smaller scale games like ZM though and they're a great narrative piece. This unit doesn't have official models so you'll need to convert them.

For building out of the AoD box, I'd recommend picking up some assault marines. You can build without them, but why would you? They just got a new kit and a couple big blobs of 20 can form the core of your army and present a genuine threat to almost anything. The tactical marines from the box are still useful, don't get me wrong, but they'll be your backfield objective holders or you can pick up special/heavy weapons to make support squads. After a unit or two of assault marines, maybe build up some fire support. Predators, sicarans, vindicators, etc. are all good choices and are now plastic. Or you could look at one of the legion units I mentioned above. They're all good candidates and you'll need a big melee threat. We also have a command squad kit coming in early 2024 and a jump pack unit would look awesome and really anchor your force in a Day of Revelation list.

The only thing in the AoD box I don't see you using much with this legion is the spartan. I'm not saying you should sell it off, but you will generally have other delivery methods available. The basic cataphractii unit that came in the box is a good candidate to ride in it, I just don't know how often you'll want to go that route. Maybe Crimson Paladins in a Day of Sorrows list.

This is a lot of words so I'm going to split the Salamanders into a separate post. Sorry, I was bored at work the other day and this got out of hand.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Salamanders are sturdy and meant to take hits as they dish it out themselves at short range. Their trait reduces the effectiveness of incoming flame, melta, plasma, and volkite weapons. Note that this is a flat -1 to wound and not a reduction in strength. Your multi-wound models will still be killed by S8 weapons like meltas even if they're wounding on a 3+ instead of a 2+. It also doesn't affect your vehicles. Still, a solid trait that your infantry and dreadnoughts will love. Additionally, multi-wound models and vehicles gain It Will Not Die (6+) which is pretty minor, but could come in handy in clutch situations every so often. Don't count on it, but it could frustrate your opponent if you get lucky. Their unique reaction isn't game changing and might be a little underwhelming, but I've never seen it in action so I might be wrong. It provides a temporary stat boost (+1 WS, S, and A) when charged at the cost of potentially doing damage to your own unit after the combat is resolved. It actually sounds pretty decent now that I'm typing it out, but you'll have to weigh if it's worth it over just overwatching or whatever.

A big thing to remember with Salamanders is that all of their flamers are upgraded to dragon's breath weapons for free. Everything from hand flamers to flamestorm cannons gain +1S, AP4 if they didn't have it already, and inflict d6 hits with Wall of Death instead of the standard d3. If you want to burn things, these are your guys. However, combi-flamers aren't upgraded, only standard ones.

That's not all for though. To start with, any character, sergeants included, can master-craft a weapon for 10 points. HQs or anyone in terminator armor can take storm shields that boost any existing invulnerable save by +1. You'll generally want them for praetors or anyone in cataphractii for those sweet 3+ invulnerable saves. Don't bother with them on regular terminators, but they are absolutely worth it on Firedrakes. Praetors also have access to the Mantle of the Elder Drake which grants them Battle-hardened (1) for some decent protection against instant death. Between the last two items, Salamanders praetors are probably the toughest in the game. Give one a thunder hammer and watch him go.

The Salamanders' rites of war aren't as polarized as the Blood Angels', but they're still solid.
  • Covenant of Fire lets you take pyroclasts and flamer support squads as scoring troops. This is huge and pyroclasts in particular go from merely great to excellent. It also unlocks flamer predators as non-compulsory troops, but they're limited to flamestorm cannons and heavy flamer sponsons. The downsides are fairly minor - you can't deep strike though other options like outflanking and subterranean assault remain open, you can't take destroyers or moritats, and you must include a legion champion consul. This will likely be your go-to.
  • The Awakening Fire is all about the weird cult stuff the legion gets into while Vulkan's missing. This is meant as an infantry army and your units have the option to gain Fear (1) for 20 points. They also ignore modifiers to pinning checks like shell shock. Weirdly, this Rite comes with its own psychic discipline for librarians and an additional HQ slot for a chaplain. One of the powers is a massive 18" bubble of dangerous/difficult terrain that only affects your enemies and the other is a pretty solid template weapon with pinning. It might be worth loading up on HQs and taking a couple librarians. Downsides are that you can only take one cavalry unit, jump packs aren't allowed, you must include a chaplain, and you obviously can't take Vulkan.

Though Salamanders only have two unique units in the index book, they've benefitted a bit from the Exemplary Battles articles/book. They're all infantry, but they are somewhat blessed in that all of these units have two wounds. This leads Salamanders lists to be a bit tougher than normal.
  • Firedrake terminators are the quintessential cataphractii melee beatstick unit from last edition and are still good as hell. Thunder hammers, storm shields, and they re-roll 1s to hit in melee. Take a brick of them and toss it in a spartan. They're definitely not cheap, but the best your opponent can generally hope for is to slow them down by blowing up their ride. Attach a primus medicae to make them even tougher. Or a warmonger to let them deep strike. This is your classic death star unit.
  • Pyroclasts are weapon specialists in artificer armor which gives them a 5+ invulnerable against flame, melta, plasma, and volkite weapons. Their flamers have an alternate firing mode equivalent to a meltagun. As mentioned, they become scoring troops in the Covenant of Fire Rite of War. You're probably going to want a couple units of these.
  • Adherents are weird. They're a non-compulsory, non-scoring troops choice made up of W2 models with combi-flamers and the ability to be boosted to WS5 and gain Feel No Pain (6+). Don't rely on that, it involves an Ld7 check. Though they are somewhat special in that their combi-flamers are full on dragon's breath flamers. That said, I don't really get why you'd want these guys over vets or the Sanctifiers below, but if you're trying to represent the weird cult side of the legion they're a good unit. If they interacted with the Awakening Fire Rite of War (like maybe gaining Line?) they'd be better. Or maybe you're low on elites slots. They don't have official models so you'd need to convert them.
  • Sanctifiers are the Salamanders' version of destroyers except they're WS5 and have two wounds. No rad grenades or other associated gear though. They also don't have Bitter Duty so you're free to add characters to them. Like destroyers, they all have the option of taking either two volkite serpentas or two (upgraded) hand flamers. Take the hand flamers. Use these guys in ZM. 2d6 Wall of Death hits per model. They will not disappoint. They have some other options like one in five can take a power weapon or a thunder hammer and the unit also has access to a unique rotor cannon variant. They can get pricy quickly so don't load them up with too much stuff. These guys are another unit without models, but the new mkIII kit will be a great base to work from.

Building these guys out from the AoD box will be pretty straightforward. The tacticals can form the core of your army. Nothing wrong with cheap, scoring bodies. Maybe pick up some special weapons and make a flamer or melta squad and give them a rhino. The terminators can ride in the spartan until you get a unit of firedrakes built up. That's a unit meant for larger games so there's no rush. As mentioned, dreadnoughts love the Salamanders' legion rules so don't be afraid to grab another contemptor or even a leviathan. The leviathan can be a bit tricky since the arms are split between two boxes. You probably don't want a mixed ranged build so you might have to trade for an arm or get an extra weapons sprue. Go all melee or melta/claw and stick it in a drop pod. Double melta could also be fun and double storm cannon is a really effective all-comers ranged build. Your first resin unit should probably be pyroclasts. They're just that good. Though you may want a land raider for them.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Notably, Pyroclasts are some of the best looking unique unit sculpts.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
You guys think its worth picking up that Battle Group box for Sons of Horus if I already have the Age of Darkness box? Kinda considering picking it up even though I won't get the chance to work on my SoH for awhile.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

AnEdgelord posted:

You guys think its worth picking up that Battle Group box for Sons of Horus if I already have the Age of Darkness box? Kinda considering picking it up even though I won't get the chance to work on my SoH for awhile.

Despite not picking one up for my own SoH force, I'd say it's worthwhile. SoH tend to want to be infantry heavy, so more mans are never a bad thing, and you'll always have a use for another Land Raider. I only didn't buy one myself because I already have several hundred infantry and multiple Land Raiders and Deredeos for mine, plus more in the pile of shame, so I wasn't going to get to the box in the next year. As long as you're going to build/paint the stuff in the box in the next few months, I'd say it's worth it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if you have concrete plans for the infantry it'll be a good purchase. Unless you've already got two deredeos and, I don't know, three land raiders you'll be able to find room for those models pretty easily.

Personally, I'm making 10x plasma repeaters, 10x volkite calivers, and 10x plasma cannon guys. I thought about keeping some models in reserve on the off chance we get a breacher upgrade kit for them, but plasma cannons won out.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's a good value box, and I was surprised at how many units can use the land raider Proteus carrier as a dedicated transport:

Indominus terminators, nullifiers, different command squads, mortalis destroyers, breachers, and seekers.

I don't know Sons of Horus, but I'd bet Justaerin can use it as well since it seems to be the preferred DT for a lot of Legion specific units.

E: confirmed that Justaerin can use one.

moths fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 2, 2024

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

moths posted:

I don't know Sons of Horus, but I'd bet Justaerin can use it as well since it seems to be the preferred DT for a lot of Legion specific units.

E: confirmed that Justaerin can use one.

But not a Spartan like most other Elite Terminators because Horus was a naughty boy or something.

:argh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

But not a Spartan like most other Elite Terminators because Horus was a naughty boy or something.

:argh:

The good lord gave you deep strike* and I suggest you learn how to use it.

*In the Black Reaving rite of war.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Safety Factor posted:

The good lord gave you deep strike* and I suggest you learn how to use it.

*In the Black Reaving rite of war.

Deepstrike next to your Spartan Dedicated Transport, then get in.

*I have no idea if this is legal

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Crossposting from the Specialist Games thread.

Stephenls posted:

I think I've finally got a scheme down that's a decent match for the Book 3: Extermination Raven Guard color plates. Twin-linked bolter and havoc launcher rhinos use P3 Coal Black and Incubi Darkness (I forget which is which and given that Coal Black is impossible to source I'm really glad it turned out not to matter) as a mid highlight; multi-melta rhino uses Night Lords Blue, which I think I'm going to use going forward both because it's a slightly better match for the color plates than the other two and because using Night Lords Blue in a Raven Guard paint scheme is the funniest possible outcome of all these tests.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Stephenls posted:

Crossposting from the Specialist Games thread.

Omg they're so cute, you did well!

I'm working on Solar Auxilia:

https://cohost.org/JcDent/post/4098790-assembled-three-more

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Realised after all these years that the raven guard contemptor is styled exactly like my crocs, been bugging me for ages that it reminded me of something. I will not be taking questions.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Bit too tall. Might not bother everyone, though.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Mere hours before the LVO pilgrimage, something managed to get done:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

dudes rock

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Major Spag posted:

Mere hours before the LVO pilgrimage, something managed to get done:

Ooh is that an Ofanim court?

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Looking at the new blood angels weapon sprue it looks like it has the same confusion as the sons of Horus one, what kit are you supposed to use the fancy one handed bolters with? because they don’t give you any arms for those in the kit, the tac squad doesn’t have any that go with them and in the resin despoiler upgrade both the bolt pistols and chainswords are one piece with the arms. Where does that leave you, trying to source the new assault squad arms (good luck) or chopping up resin despoiler kits?

Also, in the sons of Horus kit they give you two combi banestrikes which as far as I can tell literally nobody can choose to take.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Mr Teatime posted:

Looking at the new blood angels weapon sprue it looks like it has the same confusion as the sons of Horus one, what kit are you supposed to use the fancy one handed bolters with? because they don’t give you any arms for those in the kit, the tac squad doesn’t have any that go with them and in the resin despoiler upgrade both the bolt pistols and chainswords are one piece with the arms. Where does that leave you, trying to source the new assault squad arms (good luck) or chopping up resin despoiler kits?

Also, in the sons of Horus kit they give you two combi banestrikes which as far as I can tell literally nobody can choose to take.

My guess is that they expect you to use the arms for the Sargeant pistol weapons, or to chop up another resin kit, which is relatively standard for FW kits.

Some Sons of Horus characters and Terminators can take Banestrike Combi-Bolters.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

My guess is that they expect you to use the arms for the Sargeant pistol weapons, or to chop up another resin kit, which is relatively standard for FW kits.

Some Sons of Horus characters and Terminators can take Banestrike Combi-Bolters.

I think literally the only ones who can are terminator praetors. I mean Justaerin and some chars have them but like, they already ‘have’ them on the models. You could definitely use one of the one handed bolters on the tac sarge but they are a mix of right and left handed so…🤷‍♀️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Roadmap says new plastic melee weapon kit to be released alongside the plastic command squad and the new plastic Solar Auxilia mystery army, all of which will likely be revealed in two and a half hours. I would expect the plastic melee weapon kit to come with new melee arms that can be used for those Blood Angels guns.

EDIT: Nope. Guess they'll show up on Heresy Thursdays.

Solar Auxilia, though.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 19, 2024