Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Muppets aren't real and hold no ideology HTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

looking to rent a car when lol

I worked for a large retailer doing supplier investigations and we would have dozens of allegations come in each year about "women-owned", "Made in America", and "Minority Owned" each year because there were initiatives to grow suppliers in these areas so you'd have lots of business falsely claiming it. The most common explanation I got from the owners when there were interviewed was "I'm married." That was closely followed by "my daughter is on the board/has stock." The bleakest investigation was of a Thai fruit company which was solely owned by a old man and the only possible way "women-owned" could apply to the company was to his workers and without the hyphen.

gently caress, I do not miss that job. Sourcing is a bleak hellscape where literally everyone is lying, bribing, scamming, and knowingly involved in some form of slavery.

Edit: Made in America had many inventive loopholes. Lots of all parts manufactured overseas, partially assembled, and shipped to the US for final assembly which may be as simple as putting 3 screws in. Then there were the people operating out of their garage and just packaging items bought in bulk from a factory in China and slapping a made in america sticker on it.

Saltpowered has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Dec 27, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

i used to work for a "woman owned" small business and the owner just had all the paperwork in his wifes name, she had nothing to do with the business and was a stay at home mom. sweet tax breaks though.

this is also how veteran owned government contractors work

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

they hold the ideology of tormenting rich old Scrooges

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Oscar Wild posted:

the artists who create them are and do

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Hatebag posted:

looks like it was made by an anarchist so unsurprisingly they don't know anything. though realistically, many so-called islamic states don't actually practice sharia for banking because they're run by puppets of the west and that's part of being shackled to finance capital. iran actually does it iirc

how the hell do you look at that image and think the anarchist is supposed to be the good guy

elmo's out here leading a people's army whereas grover is sitting on a pile of books alone. it's biting commentary

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

yikes
I prefer my premium rented automobiles to not be sullied by the touch of the female species

every car you rent from the women means there's one fewer car potentially being driven by a woman, so maybe hold your nose a bit and do us all a solid??

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Oscar Wild posted:

Oscar would like a word

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

how the hell do you look at that image and think the anarchist is supposed to be the good guy

elmo's out here leading a people's army whereas grover is sitting on a pile of books alone. it's biting commentary

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

but grover looks so happy

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Hatebag posted:

but grover looks so happy

his dad is the cookie monster

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

tokin opposition posted:

his dad is the cookie monster

please, George Bush Sr

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Saltpowered posted:

Edit: Made in America had many inventive loopholes. Lots of all parts manufactured overseas, partially assembled, and shipped to the US for final assembly which may be as simple as putting 3 screws in. Then there were the people operating out of their garage and just packaging items bought in bulk from a factory in China and slapping a made in america sticker on it.

i remember when trump first got elected some lady in the middle of nowhere was bemoaning how Obama made it impossible to run her Jeep door hinge part supply company and it was obvious she was just importing poo poo from China and putting a few screws in then re-selling it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Does USA not have at least basic registry of businesses? Over here, I can just check who's the actual owners of a business, here's a random McDonald's and here's Novo Nordisk for one of the harder to read but serious examples.. Of course, that doesn't help with wife owned businesses, but that's for small men who don't realize what will happen at divorce time.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Oscar Wild posted:

*3 years ago*

*oscar wild tearfully scraping off their elmo 2020 bumper sticker*

*"never again", they sob*

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

BonHair posted:

Does USA not have at least basic registry of businesses? Over here, I can just check who's the actual owners of a business, here's a random McDonald's and here's Novo Nordisk for one of the harder to read but serious examples.. Of course, that doesn't help with wife owned businesses, but that's for small men who don't realize what will happen at divorce time.
well, that would infringe on Delaware’s right to enable money laundering, so…

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

BonHair posted:

(most?) us states make this information available via the secretary of state. the amount of info available / whether it costs money to acquire varies by state

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the milk machine posted:

(most?) us states make this information available via the secretary of state. the amount of info available / whether it costs money to acquire varies by state

even so it can be difficult to disentangle the web of llcs, holding companies, and such, often

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
totes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

BonHair posted:

kinda, but not really. iirc, you need a federal tax ID as a business, but what sort of information you need to give up really depends on the state. if one was so inclined, you could pay a dude $100 (or whatever the fee is) to start your LLC for you as your "registered agent" and keep your name off of all the paperwork in Wyoming or Delaware or some other shithole and do your dirt with the full faith due a company registered to do business in the U.S., like doing all sorts of cyber crime and poo poo: https://www.reuters.com/technology/cybersecurity/how-cybercriminals-are-using-wyoming-shell-companies-global-hacks-2023-12-12/

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

BonHair posted:

not yet but there’s about to be and it’s going about as well as you’d expect https://www.wsgr.com/en/insights/reporting-obligations-for-us-companies-a-new-consideration-for-us-expansion.html

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/pplsartofwar/status/1739683554655642031

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

oh you're not starving to death??? grow up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tokin opposition posted:

The Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue is the best movie ever made and I will allow no disagreement

The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars is actually based on the original books apparently

Wild how it was basically a stock kids movie plot in the 90s for evil animal testing labs trying to kidnap beloved pets. I probably don't need to get into how that makes no practical sense to do for a number of reasons on thirty seconds of thought.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ah poo poo. the elbow out the window is cute

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

whoa, a car poster who has a completely reasonable and normal stance? definitely an aggrieved sanitation worker who is personally effected by this issue

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

he's wearing a hi-vis vest and there's a label that says "employees only" below the door handle so it's a work vehicle. the correct and sensible screed might have been put on the car by the company that owns it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hes right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this rules

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

dedicating my life to fatberg prevention

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

sort of related but this woman i used to know had to stay in a hotel for a week with her husband because they started using charmin and the plumber who came to fix the flood in their condo was like "this poo poo is basically paper towel. stop buying this."

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is that sam sulek

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

single-ply ftw

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I found this out the hard way. If only there were more heros like this driving around. Thank you for your service fatberg dude :patriot:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

whoa, a car poster who has a completely reasonable and normal stance? definitely an aggrieved sanitation worker who is personally effected by this issue

Somewhere, some cosmic clerk sent a piece of paper from the good ideas bin and accidentally dropped it in the insane expression tube

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIvgZ53GEOg

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/Iamrachelpowell/status/1740232864581759337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

cash crab posted:

sort of related but this woman i used to know had to stay in a hotel for a week with her husband because they started using charmin and the plumber who came to fix the flood in their condo was like "this poo poo is basically paper towel. stop buying this."

two squares of charmin + a bidet seat is fine, using half a roll to scrape things out is gonna clog