Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So you're saying slant boys can't be bottoms?

You can top them, but you really have to angle it in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Puka Nacua, 4 time Pepsi Rookie of the Week award winner :smug:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Y'all should just sit him week 18, no reason to risk his health. Save him for the playoffs :hmmyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://twitter.com/BayAreaChris2/status/1740461601843773447

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So you're saying slant boys can't be bottoms?

Only slant bois.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
drat, if only those picks hadn't been picks...total sliding doors moment...really makes u think

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shirts and skins posted:

drat, if only those picks hadn't been picks...total sliding doors moment...really makes u think

What if Brock Purdy had actually been controlled by a raccoon who lived inside his helmet?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Black Lighter posted:

What if Brock Purdy had actually been controlled by a raccoon who lived inside his helmet?

-An actual argument made when discussing his MVP potential (the raccoon was Kyle).

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

:smug:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I know Dallas winning helps the niners but gently caress the cowboys go lions.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Goff is so bad under pressure

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Part of me wants to see Detroit get the #2 seed because I think it would be funny or something.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seahawks cut Frank Clark today and put Adams and Eskridge on IR. Eskridge is definitely done, another failed draft pick. Adams is going to be a lot of dead cap, but they need to give him the boot too.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mustached Demon posted:

It was bad enough rooting for the hawks, but cowboys is where I draw the line.
gently caress
The
COWBOYS.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Lifespan posted:

Seahawks cut Frank Clark today and put Adams and Eskridge on IR. Eskridge is definitely done, another failed draft pick. Adams is going to be a lot of dead cap, but they need to give him the boot too.

I had no idea Clark was back on the Seahawks lol

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Lifespan posted:

I didn't even realize Eskridge was on the team anymore, what an epic bust.
20MM in dead cap to cut Adams. How much of it is charged in 2024 vs. 2025 depends on whether the cut him before or after June.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DancingMachine posted:

I didn't even realize Eskridge was on the team anymore, what an epic bust.
20MM in dead cap to cut Adams. How much of it is charged in 2024 vs. 2025 depends on whether the cut him before or after June.

Post June it will turn in to $10m in 24 and $10m in 25. I think it is $26m if they keep him, so really it is up to them how they want to handle the payoff. He's gone.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Personally I say we eat poo poo next year on Geno and Adams contracts and gear up for 2025.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I agree with just taking the hit on Adams, but Geno is worth keeping on for another year. They do need to get serious about a replacement though.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Let's go Cardinals!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I keep hearing people saying the Rams are scary. I was confused by this so I looked to see what is going on.

Since the bye, they are 5-1. That's pretty impressive.

3-0 against bad teams at home. Oh.
1-0 against bad teams on the road. I see.
0-1 against good teams on the road. This was against Baltimore and is truly the only impressive game of the 6.
1-0 against good teams at home. The score doesn't show it, but they beat the Browns after a Cleveland 4th quarter melt down. The game was an extra point from being tied in the 4th with Cleveland having the ball. And then Flacco threw a pick at the 25 and they fell apart after that.

So, are the Rams legit or is it an illusion?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If the Rams are against the Lions in playoffs I believe they advance. That's it though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Waltzing Along posted:

I keep hearing people saying the Rams are scary. I was confused by this so I looked to see what is going on.

0-1 against good teams on the road. This was against Baltimore and is truly the only impressive game of the 6.
1-0 against good teams at home. The score doesn't show it, but they beat the Browns after a Cleveland 4th quarter melt down. The game was an extra point from being tied in the 4th with Cleveland having the ball. And then Flacco threw a pick at the 25 and they fell apart after that.

Turns out a healthy Stafford is still one of the best quarterbacks in football. They're legit as long as he stays upright.

Benne fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 31, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Benne posted:

Turns out a healthy Stafford is still one of the best quarterbacks in football. They're legit as long as he stays upright.

Wasn't he healthy when they were 3-6? He's played the whole season. I know he was hurt last year, though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the Rams go against the Bucs they will also win. And maybe against the Eagles.

Rams offense is top 5. Their defense is okay but extremely liable to miscommunications because of all the young dudes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Wasn't he healthy when they were 3-6? He's played the whole season. I know he was hurt last year, though.

The offense has grown a lot over the season and has gotten a lot better.

Good matchup vs the niners next week since the niner defense is held together with packing tape and bits of string.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Waltzing Along posted:

Their offence is legit when Stafford is healthy, their defence.. Ehhhhhh

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Legit, at least in the sense that I feel they have a chance in any wild card weekend match up. Stafford is still really good on the whole, and the combo of Kupp and Puka Nacua is dangerous. Plus support from Kyren Williams who is currently the #2 in yards and TDs, and 6th in Y/attempt. Their offense is just scary when clicking.

I don't think they have a deep run to the Superbowl, but they do have dark horse potential.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Doesn't look like Washington's gonna surprise anyone..

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

Eyes glued to the Cardinals game though

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Strong Sauce posted:

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress dammit kyler

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

gently caress dammit kyler

Seriously wtf

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can't tell if Washingtons RZ defense has been really good or Shanahan has been really bland in his play calling.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't tell if Washingtons RZ defense has been really good or Shanahan has been really bland in his play calling.

He just needs to trust The Run.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Niners D been garbage today. Worse than it was against the Ravens. (which wasn't bad at all)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Shanahans strategy today is make the game as short as possible to limit possible injuries. Problem with this is it creates a low scoring game where anything can happen. Right now, they are a couple plays away from losing this.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mustached Demon posted:

He just needs to trust The Run.

The Mitchell drive was exactly that, and it worked out really well.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Waltzing Along posted:

Niners D been garbage today. Worse than it was against the Ravens. (which wasn't bad at all)

Yeah, not great that Washington is doing almost whatever they want on offence.

The run defence really misses Armstead, every time I watch Kinlaw he's getting blown off the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The pass defense really misses all of our safeties but Ward is still great