Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Where is Kalli, time to go on the Matthew Slater is a HOF special teamer tangent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Devin Hester was cool and on my favorite team so he should be a Hall of Famer, simple as.

Peanut Tillman should be in the Hall of Fame for the above reasons, and also he's single-handedly responsible for dozens of offensive players getting punched every week with no repercussions because it's happening as part of a poorly executed attempt to force a turnover

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Master Stur posted:

If you can put a game plan in the hall for its influence or impact in a Super Bowl you should put Hester in for housing one on the opening return. Also put the Saints onside kick in. Yes I know the bears lost anyways but it's the bears let them have this one.

Put Thomas Morestead in the Hall of Fame.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

wilderthanmild posted:

He would definitely take a direct snap while in motion then pass the ball downfield for a first down or TD at least once and it would rule.

That 2020 season where there were tons of trick plays I remember thinking Cribbs would be really fun to watch in that offense.

Then again I don't know if Kevin could help himself if he had a weapon like that and would get cute far too often.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Put Thomas Morestead in the Hall of Fame.

Hes still playing on the jets but in 5 years, this.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Where is Kalli, time to go on the Matthew Slater is a HOF special teamer tangent

He is, no doubt in my mind. So is Hester. The special teams haters are ignoring that they're very loving special.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Obviously some positions are less valuable than others, but in any sport, if you are the best at your position then you deserve in the hall. I think Hester qualifies as such.

it might be oversimplifying things but I 100% agree with this. if you have a very good case of being literally the best ever at your particular position, you deserve to be there, first ballot even. I don't care if that lands some punter in the Hall next to Jerry Rice or Lawrence Taylor, it's deserved

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Who was the best long snapper of all time

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Hes still playing on the jets but in 5 years, this.

He’s still amazing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mystic Stylez posted:

it might be oversimplifying things but I 100% agree with this. if you have a very good case of being literally the best ever at your particular position, you deserve to be there, first ballot even. I don't care if that lands some punter in the Hall next to Jerry Rice or Lawrence Taylor, it's deserved

It's not. I'd be offended if I was Jerry Rice or LT. Hell, Deion Sanders is on tape being offended and people itt are telling him to worry about coaching instead. HoF is for the best. Not the best at your position. Not for a position that's fungible and not played by the best players.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

it's whoever snapped the most to the best kicker of all time (Morgan Cox)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The best holder of all time is the one that was the kicker's wife.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Doltos posted:

It's not. I'd be offended if I was Jerry Rice or LT. Hell, Deion Sanders is on tape being offended and people itt are telling him to worry about coaching instead. HoF is for the best. Not the best at your position. Not for a position that's fungible and not played by the best players.

If the Hall of Fame is truly for the best then why is it in Ohio?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Doltos posted:

It's called the hall of fame not the hall of the best. Checkmate, bitch

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Hall of Protect Deion Sanders's Feelings

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mega64 posted:

If the Hall of Fame is truly for the best then why is it in Ohio?

Because the Canton Bulldogs were an important team in the onset of football

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Doltos posted:

Because the Canton Bulldogs were an important team in the onset of football

It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Important On The Onset Of Football.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The coasts went all in on baseball 50 years ago and have been regretting that decision ever since.

Nodoze posted:

We're on Julian Edelman now! A holy poo poo HoF play is all you need to be a hof'er after all and his was even in a win!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

The coasts went all in on baseball 50 years ago and have been regretting that decision ever since.

We're on Julian Edelman now! A holy poo poo HoF play is all you need to be a hof'er after all and his was even in a win!

Talking about a lot of Kent State Alum ITT.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I expanded my stats to include everyone on the list whether they scored TDs or not. We now have 136 players in the pool. Points calculated the same way.

Per Return Stats:
pre:
Player		per return rank
Devin Hester	494
Jamal Agnew	470.5
Jakeem Grant	462
Leodis McKelvin	453
Billy Johnson	451
Josh Cribbs	439.5
Dante Hall	436
Deion Sanders+	420
Tamarick Vanover 418
Jacoby Jones	416
Counting Stats:
pre:
Player		counting stats rank
Brian Mitchell	792
Devin Hester	773
Allen Rossum	736.5
Darren Sproles	729
Eric Metcalf	729
Dante Hall	728
Mel Gray	715
Ted Ginn Jr.	701.5
Josh Cribbs	700.5
Dave Meggett	689.5
Both counting and per stat rank:
pre:
Player		Overall Total
Devin Hester	1267
Dante Hall	1164
Brian Mitchell	1151
Josh Cribbs	1140
Mel Gray	1115.5
Darren Sproles	1091
Jacoby Jones	1081.5
Tamarick Vanover 1057
Allen Rossum	1048.5
Eric Metcalf	1039

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
God drat. We are squandering prime off-season content here.

AFC #1 seed will be decided next week. What do you all think about Dolphins/Ravens?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think whoever wins Dolphins/Ravens will be the #1 seed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think the lions are going to the super bowl

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

xbilkis posted:

Devin Hester was cool and on my favorite team so he should be a Hall of Famer, simple as.

Peanut Tillman should be in the Hall of Fame for the above reasons, and also he's single-handedly responsible for dozens of offensive players getting punched every week with no repercussions because it's happening as part of a poorly executed attempt to force a turnover

:hmmyes:

Tillman, over 13 seasons, nearly doubled the total of forced fumbles as the second highest player in that same timeframe (44 vs. 23).

Peanut Punch ftw

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

I wonder how Ravens legend Deion Sanders feels about that

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fat Jesus posted:

Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI-9ocdYih8

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

Me too!

Very curious to see who plays in this game.

Ravens Injury Report: Kyle Hamilton, Zay Flowers, Patrick Queen, Roquan Smith, Kevin Zeitler, Broderick Washington, Arthur Maulet, Jordan Stout, Jalyn Armour-Davis
Dolphins Injury Report: Tua Tagovailoa, Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Xavier Howard, Jevon Holland, Andrew Van Ginkle,Robert Hunt, Austin Jackson

Bolded all the starters. I bet both teams really want that bye!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Me too!

Very curious to see who plays in this game.

Ravens Injury Report: Kyle Hamilton, Zay Flowers, Patrick Queen, Roquan Smith, Kevin Zeitler, Broderick Washington, Arthur Maulet, Jordan Stout, Jalyn Armour-Davis
Dolphins Injury Report: Tua Tagovailoa, Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Xavier Howard, Jevon Holland, Andrew Van Ginkle,Robert Hunt, Austin Jackson

I bet both teams really want that bye!

so is the game just going to be lamar vs a bunch of whacky inflatable arm guys

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Black Lighter posted:

I wonder how Ravens legend Deion Sanders feels about that

fellow Ravens legend Devin Hester should ask him

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Raku posted:

so is the game just going to be lamar vs a bunch of whacky inflatable arm guys

Wouldn't be any different then the Niners game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Christian Wilkins, Zack Seiler, Bradley Chubb, and Jalen Ramsey aren't exactly nobodies.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mega64 posted:

this didn't even take much effort. revenge of the teams in misery for the last 20+ years:

your #1 seeds, browns and lions

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mega64 posted:

The Ravens still have a chance if they lose. Because if Miami loses to Buffalo and the Ravens beat Pittsburgh at home then the Ravens are back in #1. Winning this week though will effectively let the Ravens rest whoever needs to rest for two weeks which could be huge. I know people are going to say stuff like "but remember the tennessee game" but that was a bunch of other things going on not anything to do with the resting against Pittsburgh.

I think it will be a close game. The Ravens I think will win and we have unfinished business vs Miami. But I don't underestimate them and they're in the same position we were last week really wanting the win just to show they are in that category.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the Ravens lose to the Dolphins, the Bills are probably locked into the #6 seed. No reason to play starters week 18, compared to the Dolphins who will be playing for a bye. Hard to imagine Buffalo would pull that one out.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
In 2004 the Steelers played all their backups and still beat the Buffalo Bills who were vying for a playoff spot. So it can happen!!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It can. 2019 Ravens/Steelers Week 17 springs to mind. However, I would not put all my eggs in the Kyle Allen Game basket.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's best to boil every situation down into as few words as possible and then decide on which things are the same that way. unless it's something i just don't like believing. then i like to expand it just enough that it becomes incomparable. that's how to argue about football

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Cavauro posted:

it's best to boil every situation down into as few words as possible and then decide on which things are the same that way. unless it's something i just don't like believing. then i like to expand it just enough that it becomes incomparable. that's how to argue about football

I would like to co-sponsor your bill.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Can’t believe Russ rushed into a play to the detriment of his team in a high stakes situation.

even funnier when you recall that Russ has a huge problem getting the ball snapped on time to the point where it was a major offseason story "can this idiot stop eating delay of game calls??"

and pressuring him to change his contract makes sense, I'd be a lot more mad at the broncos if it wasn't a dude on his 3rd contract who's already made obscene money across the board. it does however raise the question of if the contract was that bad you needed to threaten a dude why do you still employ the guy who gave him that contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling the Ravens are going to poo poo house Miami.