Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Got the Captain Brass deck for Christmas, any good adds to it in terms of upgrades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Got the Captain Brass deck for Christmas, any good adds to it in terms of upgrades?

Roaming Throne is an obvious one, and I personally like the tech of "things that remove counters", because the Finality ability is tied only to the counter (so Hex Parasite, Fain, and Soul Diviner)

vvv :hmmyes:

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 27, 2023

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Roaming Throne is an obvious one, and I personally like the tech of "things that remove counters", because the Finality ability is tied only to the counter (so Hex Parasite, Fain, and Soul Diviner)

Power Conduit would be funny.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sword of Hearth and Home gives your deck ramp and supplied a blink effect for finality counters.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Just found this at the bottom of a dumpster next door. Been wanting to get back into magic too lol. No piss stench as far as I can tell!

flubber nuts fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 27, 2023

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Do you often look into neighbours' bins

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Do you often look into neighbours' bins

If there's piles of cool looking poo poo sticking out of it, yes.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

flubber nuts posted:

If there's piles of cool looking poo poo sticking out of it, yes.

Tbf I'd totally dive for that pile as well. Anything notable?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

flubber nuts posted:

Just found this at the bottom of a dumpster next door. Been wanting to get back into magic too lol. No piss stench as far as I can tell!

That red card a little to the right of the bag isn't that badly curled for a foil!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I'm dizzy from looking at too many cards. I think they may have had the best stuff in another box... im going back in.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Set it on fire when you're done if it's all junk so that no one else makes your same greedy mistake

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Rage cards? An ice age starter box. Even seeing those is a hit of nostalgia. Nice find

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've received most of the cards for the pirate bird deck. Gonna be a lot of fun soon.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hey Balon, thanks for the video on the $50 Dino Precon idea! It's a massive pain to find that Pantlanza precon that isn't some ridiculous price. This was a really good alternative idea!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody have experience doing a large MPC order with 10-15 double sided cards, then the rest can have any generic proxy back?

I think I messed up not using MPCFill, but my vintage cube is almost done and I guess if I gotta drag the same image back to like 600 cards that's the price I pay for a dirt cheap cube... :rip:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

It's not to late to use MPCfill.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dr. Stab posted:

It's not to late to use MPCfill.

Honestly I had that thought. I've never used MPCFill to make the full order but I guess there's a first time for everything, and redoing it completely would probably take less time than filling in each individual back, so :cheerdoge:

Fake edit: of I guess actually, I was having problems with MPCFill loading up 540 cards, so I dunno if I actually can, but I'll try!

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Jiro posted:

Hey Balon, thanks for the video on the $50 Dino Precon idea! It's a massive pain to find that Pantlanza precon that isn't some ridiculous price. This was a really good alternative idea!

Glad you liked it! Had a few people complain that official precons aren’t “budget” thanks to markups so I like providing options.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Honestly I had that thought. I've never used MPCFill to make the full order but I guess there's a first time for everything, and redoing it completely would probably take less time than filling in each individual back, so :cheerdoge:

Fake edit: of I guess actually, I was having problems with MPCFill loading up 540 cards, so I dunno if I actually can, but I'll try!

I have done prints of ~500 with regular backs and some dual-sided cards. It was fine. And MPCFill will do large orders, it just takes FOREVER. Also, someone posted a python script in the thread a while back to mash two single-sided orders and make them into one double-sided order.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Balon posted:

Glad you liked it! Had a few people complain that official precons aren’t “budget” thanks to markups so I like providing options.

I get that feeling, I mean prices keep creeping up each year. But with people like you and a few others in the content making sphere that point out how vast the MTG library actually is definitely gets creative juices going on how to build.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Sharing a little bit of history that happened with us at our local game shop commander group. I got permission to post this picture of all of us.

We had two folks, OlmSteady and his Wife SnoopyUnicorn who are moving to New York on the 4th of January for their new placement in the Army. All of us who are in our personal Discord as well as LGS came together for this picture.

Im the guy in the ff7 Shirt. Going to be missing these two. The two on front we're sending off with absolute love and fellowship they have given us. They are very good players and we all wished them luck!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I'm about to go on deployment, so I've been throwing together some decks that probably aren't amazing, but will bring some variety to the table. One that I've always been interested in is Reyhan, Last of the Abzan + Tana, the Bloodsower. I got to take it for a spin this weekend and when it goes off, it goes the gently caress off. It's the first deck I've put together from scratch, instead of upgrading a precon and I'm pretty proud of it. One game, I managed to get out Arwen, Weaver of Hope, then Halana and Alena, Partners, then Tana.

I ended turn 5 with seven 5/5 Saprolings. Feels good.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsQ2AckIuwU

That Indominus Rex idea is very interesting. I wish Goldbery was UG, I'd just run her and start putting ability counters on my non-creature permanents. I never really looked at that dino before, it's really good with all the creatures in Sultai that have three relevant keyword abilities, not to mention all the God cards... I think this might be the one to finally make me put together a Sultai reanimator deck.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Indominus Rex, Alpha is a silly Magic card. I built a deck around it and even without trying it's just incredibly consistent. It doesn't surprise me that people are exploring the possibilities outside the box with it.

That said, I was quite disappointed to discover that there are literally zero legal Sultai or colorless creatures with just plain unconditional always-on Double Strike.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
there ain't no way I'm ever building a deck where the commander is an "alpha." that's super cringe

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DontMockMySmock posted:

there ain't no way I'm ever building a deck where the commander is an "alpha." that's super cringe

ok

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
okay but what's the most incel of commanders though

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

OneDeadman posted:

Any of the Dovin Baans.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

OneDeadman posted:

Urza

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Urza has canonically hosed and had descendants.

Still correct though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mishra?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

i had an idea to make a fun rug artifact tokens landfall deck. I know it sounds janky, and it is, but hear me out! You play Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith as your commander (which gives you a rock token on landfall), and both the trackers. also a bunch of other artifact token producers and some payoffs like Cyberdrive Awakener. Here's the list so far, does anyone have any suggestions as to what you'd cut or add

you can also go off with kodama of the east tree and any number of creatures in the deck (or just it, field of the dead and oboro/bounceland) to end the game. wondering if I should add hellkite tyrant and if so, what to cut

hey mom its 420 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 3, 2024

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

OneDeadman posted:

Augustin :argh:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Urza has a son so he's had sex at least once.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Urza has a son so he's had sex at least once.

About his "son"...

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Zurai posted:

Indominus Rex, Alpha is a silly Magic card. I built a deck around it and even without trying it's just incredibly consistent. It doesn't surprise me that people are exploring the possibilities outside the box with it.

That said, I was quite disappointed to discover that there are literally zero legal Sultai or colorless creatures with just plain unconditional always-on Double Strike.

I mention this in the video but the deck will only ever get better as they print more cards. It’s SCARY consistent and I equate it to being a horror movie slasher - you’re this unrelenting force that is just always there all game long and everyone tries to throw whatever they can in the way.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

OneDeadman posted:

Baral

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

OneDeadman posted:

Bruvac the Grandiloquent. You can almost hear him saying "Well, actually..."

Dong Zhou and Lü Bu also have big nice guy simp energy when it comes to Diaochan

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Bruvac the Grandiloquent. You can almost hear him saying "Well, actually..."

Dong Zhou and Lü Bu also have big nice guy simp energy when it comes to Diaochan

Who is it that chucks the baby? Cao Cao or Liu Bei?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

Who is it that chucks the baby? Cao Cao or Liu Bei?

Liu Bei. Cao Cao is the one who laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwhDrYfKSj8

Universes Beyond Dynasty Warriors, come on.