Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
karlach stole my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Professor Beetus posted:

I always make Karlach a monk after I fought Raphael and he got stunning strike'd on every turn and never got to do anything

I gave into the urge to make two party members level 6 monk + whatever else and let me tell you, lol lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jay Rust posted:

How are you gonna roleplay as a barbarian thief…??

What, you mean like Conan?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

karlach stole my heart

I imagine someone with an engine in their chest would be hoarding hearts.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
oh, to add to the powergamey things, honorable mention for Blade pact warlock to level 3 or 5. Three levels gets you Invocations (Devil's Sight can make for interesting builds around fighting in Darkness) and you can use your Charisma modifier for weapon attacks, and level 5 gets you an extra attack that stacks with extra attacks from martials (not in Honour mode though) plus Hunger of Hadar.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

I always make Karlach a monk after I fought Raphael and he got stunning strike'd on every turn and never got to do anything

I tried that with my monk last night and he saved almost every turn. I also hosed up and didn't swap to psychic or necrotic damage on my open hand monk so I got stunned for a turn. At least the monk cancels stuns on itself so I didn't stay stunned for an entire four turns.

Does Auntie Ethel's Hair disappear at some point? I can't find it anywhere now that I want to use it.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

What, you mean like Conan?

drat it beaten.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Actually followup to my last question, is there a way to spawn items in without disabling achievements for the rest of the run? I kind of just want to spawn the hair in to simplify things, but I'm enjoying the achievements.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I still have no idea what enables or disables achievements WRT mods. I did my Honour Mode run with my game modded to hell and back and got the achievement without using the enabler.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Bard-barian is definitely a thing in D&D right? Like i didn’t just make that up?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Bard seems to multiclass well with just about anything so I'm sure you could make it work. Maybe go Valor Bard to emphasize the classic Skald theme

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
you could make it work sure, just keep in mind that barbarian rage/frenzy doesn't play well with spellcasting, you can't cast or concentrate while raging

edit: idk if you can use bard Flourishes while raging. I think so? never tried

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think for my next playthrough I wanna make an evil Durge Wizard who indulges in every single faustian bargain available.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked the pillars of eternity 2 multiclass class names. Barbarian + bard was called Howler

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

I think for my next playthrough I wanna make an evil Durge Wizard who indulges in every single faustian bargain available.

I have also been thinking about doing a Wizard, but I can't decide on spec. Abjuration seems fun.

I have terminal restart-itis right now and keep getting mostly through Act 1 before thinking of playing something else. I'd feel bad about it except I've beaten the game twice already so at least I've done that :v:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Abjuration is pretty fun even after the slight nerf (Shield no longer adding charges) being so tough and also fortifying teammates.

I personally used Divination in my Honor run (along with Cutting Words) to make things a little less random.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Actually followup to my last question, is there a way to spawn items in without disabling achievements for the rest of the run? I kind of just want to spawn the hair in to simplify things, but I'm enjoying the achievements.

Yes, there's a mod to enable achievements. I have not played with the spawning item mods as the discussion for them have there being some weirdness needing to edit save games to remove the mod (which you want to do after you spawn the item) so I just bounced off of it. I really want the Potent Robe on my Durge and thankfully there was a mod just for that to be sold in Last Light so I am ignoring the other items I missed that I wanted to spawn in.

There's some top notch QOL mods that I'm enjoying. The auto-sort bags is quite nice. I tried the auto-looter but it seemed to disable my alt-to-highlight and was a bit strange to use. May revisit as looting is annoying.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Jay Rust posted:

How are you gonna roleplay as a barbarian thief…??

Conan.

Hello there is another page :)

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off

Ginette Reno posted:

I have also been thinking about doing a Wizard, but I can't decide on spec. Abjuration seems fun.

I have terminal restart-itis right now and keep getting mostly through Act 1 before thinking of playing something else. I'd feel bad about it except I've beaten the game twice already so at least I've done that :v:

Abjuration is ridiculous. Add 2 levels of Warlock (or maybe just the Magic Initiate: Warlock feat?) for Hellish Rebuke. Upcast Hellish Rebuke to level 6, cast Fire Shield: Chill. Cast Blade Ward on yourself. Congrats now any time someone hits you with a weapon they take 45 damage (and you take zero). Bonus points if you throw a bottle of water at them. Now they take 90 damage every hit.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I'd like t do necro for my dark urge playthrough. Heard it is a bit underwhelming though. Anyone try it out?

Also do wizard sub classes get any unique dialog options?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

unattended spaghetti posted:

I'd like t do necro for my dark urge playthrough. Heard it is a bit underwhelming though. Anyone try it out?

Nah I'm pretty sure they don't, but if you want some rp feels play the enchantment wizard. It's really fun and you do a Jedi mind trick motion when you charm someone in conversation.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

unattended spaghetti posted:

Most of the Wizard subs are kind of a wet fart tbh. Divination and Evocation are really good however.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Horace Kinch posted:

Most of the Wizard subs are kind of a wet fart tbh. Divination and Evocation are really good however.

I find evocation meh because it removes any need to play the game with some thought because you can just nuke all your own guys.

Divination is a very fun mechanic though.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I don't think there are that many sub-class specific dialogue options in general? Mostly for specific cleric deities and paladin oaths, and those are not common.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pellisworth posted:

I don't think there are that many sub-class specific dialogue options in general? Mostly for specific cleric deities and paladin oaths, and those are not common.

Ancients pally felt like it got quite a few and they were all either absolutely metal or quite lovely.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
bard and barbarian both get a lot of special dialogue options but those aren't sub-class specific

barb gets to yell angrily at everything which is very fun. lots of intimidate checks

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I removed a curse (gained by stealing holy donations) at camp and a Deva spawned and killed my dog lol. The gods truly are cruel and we will kill them all.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I wanted Divination for ability checks not combat :colbert: But I did roll a 1 and a 6 today so Cazador is gonna have a blast.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Pellisworth posted:

bard and barbarian both get a lot of special dialogue options but those aren't sub-class specific

barb gets to yell angrily at everything which is very fun. lots of intimidate checks

If you go barb I recommend being half-orc, it rounds out that class nicely. Several times I had the option to just scowl at someone until they did what I told them. Also you can solve the confrontation between Shadowheart and Lae'zel by yelling at them for waking you up.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Not Found bug is making Honor Mode really hard since I can't read any of the new buffs/abilities on bosses.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Horace Kinch posted:

Big pickups for Wizard subclasses are Abjuration (makes you + eventually rest of party tougher), Divination (everyone likes Portent), and Evocation (a blunt hammer but the world is full of nails).

Enchantment is solid if you want to play a controller Wizard type but doesn't quite push itself to the all-around usefulness of the other three.

Illusion is meh, Conjuration's abilities are easily replicated by actual spells, Necromancy requires you go all in on it and can be extremely tricky, and Transmutation is basically only useful if you're going all-in on alchemy.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Pellisworth posted:

karlach stole my heart

Karlach
Kar-lach
Kaaaaaaaar-lach

She was a thief
You gotta belief
She stole my heart and my cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWxB2ziDxE

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
where the gently caress is BOOOAL on the map even. I've literally only ever heard of him

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

It’s in a hole near the hag entry to the under dark. Pretty sure you can’t walk there so have some kind of mobility skills.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

where the gently caress is BOOOAL on the map even. I've literally only ever heard of him

You know that area before the Arcane Tower in the Underdark. Before the stairs leading up to the courtyard, there's are mushroom ledges that let you jump down and there's a section you can crawl down into a new zoned area. Just watch out cause there are some exploding mushrooms on those ledges, so I like to shoot them up first.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Okay thank you.

Also I hate those arcane turrets. bloody things

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I bumbled into him by pure chance on my second playthrough, having completely missed him my first time through. Seeing a slice of Innsmouth in the Underdark was a rare treat.

Going to sacrifice the whiny vampire boy to him next time through.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I had a very hard time finding it when with a map on my PS5. You have to jump to a spot that doesn’t look jumpable

Well worth it, though. Love my fish boys

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

JBP posted:

I find evocation meh because it removes any need to play the game with some thought because you can just nuke all your own guys.

Divination is a very fun mechanic though.

Thinking is overrated, cast more fireballs and cone of cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Horace Kinch posted:

Thinking is overrated, cast more MAGIC MISSILE AND NOTHING ELSE