Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

ThePariah posted:

People are off from work and Raw's ratings collapse? It almost looks like people get paid to inflate Raw's ratings and when given the choice, would rather do anything else with their time. Makes you think......

It was a clip show, on Christmas, in a world where the content they were showing is more easily accessible than ever before so there is no need to have scheduled time to see it. The number was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fart blood posted:

It was a clip show, on Christmas, in a world where the content they were showing is more easily accessible than ever before so there is no need to have scheduled time to see it. The number was fine.

I dunno it feels like WWE is on the downswing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What kind of burrito are you?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Carne Asada

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The_Rob posted:

Carny Asada

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This should be the new name for Vince's steak wraps.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think Vince needs to return and save WWE from Papa H

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

fart blood posted:

A Best Of show should get the highest ratings because it only contains the best stuff. Who would waste their time watching a Raw whose quality isn't guaranteed?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

this. even besides the clip show all the raw ratings are down YoY. as a fan it’s very concerning

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this. even besides the clip show all the raw ratings are down YoY. as a fan it’s very concerning

but I heard WWE was back with the return of CM Punk after 10 years of absence from WWE?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

isnt dynamite usually around 850k

700 isnt dead on but it's still in range - for a clip show that seems pretty good

Viewership doesn't matter. It was 0.18 and Dynamite usually averages around 0.28

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Seams posted:

The last Raw booked by Vince (April 3) did 2.26 million viewers and 0.76 in the demo. 8 months later and their audience is down 75%. Sad!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Goons are almost as brainwormed as the fed lovers on Twitter.

I’m only sympathetic because goons hate WWE, which is always right. Even if their reasons are bending reality.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fart blood posted:

Goons are almost as brainwormed as the fed lovers on Twitter.

I’m only sympathetic because goons hate WWE, which is always right. Even if their reasons are bending reality.

it’s simple math

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Vince needs to come back and save the women's division.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Did the best of show even have anyone in the audience? They couldn’t even get people to watch it live???

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pylons posted:

Viewership doesn't matter. It was 0.18 and Dynamite usually averages around 0.28

ok

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only thing the ratings really prove is that if you care about the ratings you’re a huge nerd

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Imma call WWE a failure until they reach 0.69

No, I don't know what that means

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Dynamite beat Raw in the ratings. Is Triple H cooked?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jiro posted:

Vince has enough money to pay off his extra marital affairs along with the budget to color the hair on his head and face.

It's a long ways back, and an irrelevant point to what you were talking about. So I am sorry,

But I feel that you are minimizing "institutionalized and serial sexual harassment, and multiple rapes" by calling them "extra marital affairs".

And I think that should be mentioned.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

thank you

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's a long ways back, and an irrelevant point to what you were talking about. So I am sorry,

But I feel that you are minimizing "institutionalized and serial sexual harassment, and multiple rapes" by calling them "extra marital affairs".

And I think that should be mentioned.

One, it was never my intention to minimize any poo poo he's done in the past.

Two, I was specifically referring to the payout he had to do most recently because he specifically had an extra marital affair. Not any of his past poo poo because I would have mentioned it.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Looks like WWE's hot streak is over. TKO's looking to unload the company at fire sale prices; Tony Khan and Billy Corgan are reportedly interested. Sad.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

World Princess posted:

Looks like WWE's hot streak is over. TKO's looking to unload the company at fire sale prices; Tony Khan and Billy Corgan are reportedly interested. Sad.

Ari Emanuel is crying about feeding his kids again.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

ThePariah posted:

Dynamite beat Raw in the ratings. Is Triple H cooked?

Last I heard he was cooking. Has the cooker become the cookee?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ohhh hes cookin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7bUkCSqIhk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Imma call WWE a failure until I die

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Great, we're in the era of Tipsy Bartender wannabes, just what we really needed.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jiro posted:

One, it was never my intention to minimize any poo poo he's done in the past.

Two, I was specifically referring to the payout he had to do most recently because he specifically had an extra marital affair. Not any of his past poo poo because I would have mentioned it.

Both fair points, so again I am sorry. And in truth, I wasn't trying to call you out specifically.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

Besides the new deal working with All Japan, WWE has also expressed interest in working with Stardom. Nothing is finalized that we know of regarding that but WWE is confirmed interested

Giulia right now is seen as likely to be coming here in 2024. Her contract expires with Stardom in March. She may not be coming in right away, but as of right now she’s leaning toward coming here in 2024.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bushiroad needs to replace Rossy with someone more friendly to AEW pronto!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Chunky Man Punk

https://x.com/snowboiiii/status/1740737982108455348?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol not phrasing things with meaning changes like that was literally my first week of headline training. It even perfectly matches the exact famous example story on why you don't do that!

quote:

WELLINGTON DEFEATED...

There were no telegrams or telephones in those days, nobody could send an SMS or put it up on Facebook or Youtube, of course, but everyone knew that Wellington was facing Napoleon in that great battle on the 18th of June 1815, and that the future of England was in great uncertainty.

A sailing ship semaphored (signalled with coded flags) the news to the signalman on top of Winchester Cathedral. He signalled to another man somewhere on a hill, and this way the news of the battle was passed on by semaphore from one place to another all the way to London and across the whole land.

When the ship came in, the signalman on board semaphored the first word: “W e l l i n g t o n”. The next word was “d e f e a t e d”, and then the fog came down and the ship could not be seen. “Wellington defeated” went across England, and there was great gloom all over the countryside.

After two or three hours, the fog lifted, and the signal came again: “Wellington defeated the enemy.” Then all England rejoiced.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Eat enough muffins and you become one.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The Muffin Man is banned from Sunday Night Heat

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

only 259 lbs to go...

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
It’s the holidays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

UnleashedDad posted:

It’s the holidays