Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Think I've been on that road, heading out straight west to Norseman, no going around via the south coast.

Spent most of two days in there, one night, think we saw one car the whole time, about 7:30pm the night we camped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Think I've been on that road, heading out straight west to Norseman, no going around via the south coast.

Spent most of two days in there, one night, think we saw one car the whole time, about 7:30pm the night we camped.

So you're saying it's not a good pick up spot?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Eight months driving around Australia and I think Norseman is the most depressing place we encountered

On the plus side, you can buy a house for 50 grand!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

As long as you're OK staring into the sun it seems quite nice. Once you turn away from that things look a bit bleaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvM2Wq2qGQ

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

webmeister posted:

Eight months driving around Australia and I think Norseman is the most depressing place we encountered

On the plus side, you can buy a house for 50 grand!

I found it pretty fascinating, lots of shacks, corrugated iron, peachy-red dust. We stayed there 4 or so days.

Sure there was nothing to do, but I got a kick out of the local mob that would pile into a haggard old Commodore and buzz about on dirt tracks around outskirts of the town because it wasn't registered to drive on roads.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
It's always a shame to see dirt roads turned into asphalt, it means the horrible caravan plague can access your best camping sites.

Then you get dickheads cranking their gennies, watching TV and ruining a nice quiet trip

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Kharnifex posted:

Then you get dickheads cranking their gennies, watching TV and ruining a nice quiet trip

One of our favourite time-killing activities in the van driving around Australia was reading boomer campsite reviews

"Perfect location on the river, good price, friendly locals, nice and quiet. Facilities in excellent condition but poor TV reception, 2/5 stars"

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they should be cranking their hogs instead

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kharnifex posted:

It's always a shame to see dirt roads turned into asphalt, it means the horrible caravan plague can access your best camping sites.

My friend, the best camping sites are inaccessible to cars and in fact take a solid day or more of hiking to get to.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

How else are they going to keep up with Sky New's evening cavalcade of bullshit?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

webmeister posted:

This poo poo really annoyed me when I drove around Australia a couple of years back - online maps basically have no way of determining "this road exists but is absolutely not something that should be recommended". As far as it's concerned, the road exists and probably has a speed limit of 80 or 100 kph so therefore it will be the quickest way.

Constantly relying on GPS but having to second-guess it as well was super annoying.

I've had google send me down some pretty sketchy goat tracks because in theory it takes the more direct route.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Inceltown posted:

My friend, the best camping sites are inaccessible to cars and in fact take a solid day or more of hiking to get to.

Yeah when I was younger, sure. My knees don't like that anymore.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If your GPS sent you to this crossing would you take it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Those look like freshies no worries

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Inceltown posted:

Obviously haven't stayed at the sweet cushion fortress in my lounge room.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inceltown posted:

Just remember not to be a bloody idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZL1rY51Vdk

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Those look like freshies no worries

Reminds me of a video I saw yonks ago about a kid swimming in a lagoon up north somewhere, freaking the gently caress out cause they see a croc, from behind the camera you hear the mum say 'it's just a freshie'

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I bet Cahill's crossing has some funny Google reviews.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNifc3QHVXk

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I know exactly where that stretch of road is and holy gently caress.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

That channel is a 100% pro subscribe, nothing else quite captures the essence of Australia

Loved one the other week where a crash happened in front of a driver who was making a phone call.

*ringing*
CRUNCH
*hello?*
JOISUS CHROIST ILL CALL YA BACK
*hangs up*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

webmeister posted:

That channel is a 100% pro subscribe, nothing else quite captures the essence of Australia

Loved one the other week where a crash happened in front of a driver who was making a phone call.

*ringing*
CRUNCH
*hello?*
JOISUS CHROIST ILL CALL YA BACK
*hangs up*

I'll get back to ya Barry

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

can someone explain what the ever loving gently caress is happening in that very first one?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
brakes failed on the truck, honking at people to get the gently caress out of the way until he could get to the emergency ramp for trucks whos brakes fail on that road.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

don't forget the guy with the caravan doing his best to not get out of the way despite an obviously extremely hosed up situation. Peak caravan boomer energy.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I'd have some sympathy for them not wanting to cross into the oncoming lane on a blind corner but it almost seems like they didn't even know the truck was there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don't let the Guardian fool you, I took all these photos myself

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Welcome to Australia, sometimes the trees explode

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Syclaymore Trees.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

They're called flame trees, duh

there was a whole song about this

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ghost Leviathan posted:

California neighborhoods in high fire danger areas are full of eucalyptus trees and we don't even get the benefit of getting to look at sleepy, clap-filled koala bears. Just :lol:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

California neighborhoods in high fire danger areas are full of eucalyptus trees and we don't even get the benefit of getting to look at sleepy, clap-filled koala bears. Just :lol:

Do you at least get spiders and snakes?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Exploding trees, snakes, spiders, scorpions, bears, mountain lions, and to top it all off - it chock full of nut jobs armed to the loving teeth.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The most dangerous animal of all, seppos.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ili posted:

The most dangerous animal of all, seppos.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I dunno their feral pigs can gently caress you up pretty good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Outrail posted:

I dunno their feral pigs can gently caress you up pretty good.

and the escaped wild hogs are pretty dangerous as well

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's shitloads where I live, they infest the bluegum plantations. You can come and get a few if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
infestation of koalas, spreading their chlamydia all over the place