Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Dexo posted:

Was so loving close to tossing 50bux on this because that money line is absurd for an NBA game.

So goddamn pissed I didn't.

Just checked the score after reading this post and yikes, Pistons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

Was so loving close to tossing 50bux on this because that money line is absurd for an NBA game.

If I bet I absolutely would on the Pistons because this is the type of thing the basketball gods find funny.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

LFG Pistons! drat this poo poo is inspiring.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1740513606670704861

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

No longer inspiring.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

One of their in-arena trivia things had questions for Jokic and one of them was “if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live” and I said sombor as a joke and his actual answer was sombor

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

omfg inspiration returning.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

cade is a loving enforcer baby

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

bullshit Celtics gently caress you eat my rear end.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Flip on the Pistons game!

It's in OT.

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

my second favorite Bogdanivic let's loving GO!

GDT over here if you are wondering where all the Detroit support is:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4049256

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

my second favorite Bogdanivic let's loving GO!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stacey king is now regularly referring to deep threes as from "denzel valentine range" lmao

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Pistons listening to some Linkin Park on the trip back home.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

stacey king is now regularly referring to deep threes as from "denzel valentine range" lmao

that's legitimately incredible lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://x.com/gurgavin/status/1740572057719783443?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Tyrese Haliburton: 21 Points 20 Assists 0 Turnovers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Man came in the fourth quarter when things were looking bad and took over.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Athanatos posted:

The gently caress

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

R.D. Mangles posted:

one of the best

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dexo posted:

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Mr. Connelly, this is the best team in Timberwolves history. Please, for the love of the bleeding Christ, let them have a second playable point guard on their roster.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://x.com/Dansplainer/status/1740570223722586471?s=20

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
(awhoo)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

maruhkati posted:

Mr. Connelly, this is the best team in Timberwolves history. Please, for the love of the bleeding Christ, let them have a second playable point guard on their roster.

I legit don't know how he's gonna find one but drat I sure hope he does.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Celtics struggled to beat the Worst Basketball Team of All Time. Shameful.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Athanatos posted:

Dude was casually splashing 30+ footers and fallaway transition threes where the ball was in his hands for like .3 seconds. And then he also had 20 dimes. Absurd performance

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
My hot Pistons take is besides getting Bogdanovic back, they were playing Hayes way too much. Now that Cade is the full time PG and playing next to Ivey, things make a lot more sense.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Gonna go ahead and say that Monty Williams is two losses away from asking what they have to do to acquire Torrey Craig.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Azathoth posted:

Theoretically he could maybe sneak in Kyle Anderson's expiring contract as the make-the-salaries-work maneuver in a three-team deal, but in practice I have no idea what that even looks like. Maybe NAW in a straight swap? gently caress if I know. But that's the kind of thing Connelly was paid big money to do. You can't let opportunities like this go to waste.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Athanatos posted:

This from a guy who was a GTD goddamn

I've got a few ideas on who they should pick

Azathoth posted:

If only they had some picks left, I bet they could pry Tyus Jones from the wiz.

Chronicles fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 29, 2023

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

maruhkati posted:

Theoretically he could maybe sneak in Kyle Anderson's expiring contract as the make-the-salaries-work maneuver in a three-team deal, but in practice I have no idea what that even looks like. Maybe NAW in a straight swap? gently caress if I know. But that's the kind of thing Connelly was paid big money to do. You can't let opportunities like this go to waste.

It would be nice to turn Slo-mo or Shake Milton into something but drat, it's hard to see who would want either of them given the year they're each having. Giving up NAW feels like a mistake.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
DETROIT

INTERIOR OF MOP CLOSET. A BALD MAN WITH A CLOSELY CROPPED GOATEE PACES BACK AND FORTH, A FEW SHORT FEET, FROM THE DOOR TO THE WINDOW, ONCE, TWICE, THREE TIMES. THE MAN SIGHS. HE IS Monty Williams, COACH OF THE DETROIT PISTONS. HE WINCES AS HE QUICKLY SCROLLS THROUGH HIS PHONE’S LIST OF CONTACTS. HE PRESSES A NAME AND DIALS.

Hello? Son? Are you there? Son? I need your help. This thing, these young men…I don’t know. I don’t…I don’t know. I don’t think I can trust them. They can’t do double drag. It’s…I need you. Will you come? …You will? Thank you. Thank you! This is just what I needed. …What we needed.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Azathoth posted:

It would be nice to turn Slo-mo or Shake Milton into something but drat, it's hard to see who would want either of them given the year they're each having. Giving up NAW feels like a mistake.

Slo-Mo has an expiring deal. So if I were Connelly I would be hovering like a vulture looking for deals where the salary doesn't quite work without a third team.

If they've got to give up something valuable in its own right, it more or less has to be NAW. They have enough defending wings that they could absorb the loss if the guy they picked up in return was good enough.

It'd be hard to make it work. Really drat hard. But it'd be malpractice not to at least give it a shot.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 29, 2023

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kim Jong Il posted:

My hot Pistons take is besides getting Bogdanovic back, they were playing Hayes way too much. Now that Cade is the full time PG and playing next to Ivey, things make a lot more sense.
Not a hot take. Everyone knows Killian Hayes sucks.

And he should rarely be on the court the same time as Cade too, maybe when Cade comes off it makes a little sense. They should be like Ivey/Burks/Cade/Bogdan/Duren with Cade the primary ballhandler. Stew can back up the 4/5, Ausar the 3/4, and Killian can get run when Cade is off or maybe when Duren is replaced by Stew at the 5. It was so stupid when they were playing a Hayes+Cade+Ausar starting lineup.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Pistons somehow being significantly worse than even the Wizards at making it through an entire basketball game without falling apart is making me wonder what's the worst combo of non-rostered players that could beat the Pistons?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am prepared to say that Cade is, in fact, good. Duran looked great too. The rest .... ahh yeah. I dunno man.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you really cant argue with the data

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Seams posted:

Celtics struggled to beat the Worst Basketball Team of All Time. Shameful.

*vin diesel voice* a win's a win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am prepared to say that Cade is, in fact, good. Duran looked great too. The rest .... ahh yeah. I dunno man.

kevin duran?