Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

what the hell is a gigacasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they think that the only reason no other company does cast foamed aluminum subframes for heavy duty trucks is that they aren't as smart as elon musk.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

giga what

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

giga castings, keep up, pleb.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

giga who

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Marty McFly posted:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
giga deez nuts

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

what happens when it hits something that doesn't weigh 7,000lb :thunk:

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you won’t care

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

giga giga slim shady

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you mean gets into an argument with another car? something amazing!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

giga please

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Make sure to really look at that first photo. That could be you!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/elon-musk-x-twitter-california-content-moderation-law-1234937858/

Another fun article.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

shyduck posted:

you're about to find out

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You don’t even need a follow up to know the person in the Cybertruck now has bones as aligned as the Cybertruck’s paneling. There’s no crumpling or anything at all, all that energy went directly into any person into that car

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You don’t even need a follow up to know the person in the Cybertruck now has bones as aligned as the Cybertruck’s paneling. There’s no crumpling or anything at all, all that energy went directly into any person into that car

going back to the good old days when people would get broken sternums and cardiac contusions and just die on the side of the road despite looking “fine”

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

since the cybertruk seems to have veered into oncoming traffic, what are the odds that the cybertrukkker was just on fsd

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
i mean, at least try to pretend that isn't 100% the case at least

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

going back to the good old days when people would get broken sternums and cardiac contusions and just die on the side of the road despite looking “fine”

Yeah , people don’t really “look” fine when they’re dead. A little critical thinking can go a long way :eng101:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
so this plus the dude that hit the curb means 20% of all cyber trucks have gotten into some kind of accident?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Circle Nine posted:

since the cybertruk seems to have veered into oncoming traffic, what are the odds that the cybertrukkker was just on fsd

https://x.com/niccruzpatane/status/1740724216582881477?s=20

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it was not in fsd exactly one second before impact which means it was not in the mode

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that’s a dead loving lie

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

i am harry posted:

that’s a dead loving lie

dude doesn't even have a blue check, smdh

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

i am harry posted:

that’s a dead loving lie

An inch of crumple is still crumple!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

critical suspension components are made to crumple by design, idiot

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dr. VooDoo posted:

actually I think you'll find that the aluminum gigacastings crumbled very efficiently

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Helmsman, route crumple power to the gigacastings.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bar Crow posted:

Helmsman, route crumple power to the gigacastings.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

mush posted some poo poo when that video came out like “you’ll be fine but the other car won’t :thisagain:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i hope scott adams and tim pool both escape from the simulation real soon. they should also help elon musk get out of it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

deadwing posted:

i hope scott adams and tim pool both escape from the simulation real soon. they should also help elon musk get out of it

there are four simulations

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Circle Nine posted:

The Cybertruck was just looking to get into a fight with another car, so it could win.
Very much so like Elon is winning.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

i am harry posted:

mush posted some poo poo when that video came out like “you’ll be fine but the other car won’t :thisagain:

Which proves he’s an idiot. He has a child understanding of physics. If the car isn’t damaged than nothing inside will be, bing bong so simple

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

It's bulletproof

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
imagine how catastrophic the damage would have been to a normal car!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Going to Kroger and buying all the aluminum foil to resell as a gigabrain manly cybertrock self repair kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just buff it out