Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Was there anything that prompted the redtext? Because that would be a super funny thing to redtext someone with for no reason.

Dont know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Karate Bastard posted:

Was there anything that prompted the redtext? Because that would be a super funny thing to redtext someone with for no reason.

They submitted a robot toaster character for a GURPS game set in ancient Rome.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=944865&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post284967705

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's an amazing crime and an apt punishment.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Karate Bastard posted:

It's being discussed in the legends thread rn

someone was running an ancient Rome fantasy gurps game and the red text guy proposed a robot character

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The best redtexts are always the ones related to some really obscure topic or thread, and that say more about the person who wrote it than the one who received it, if sincere (which it may or may not be).

Like Milo and POTUS's redtext, I've never seen anyone discuss it, but I'm pretty sure he does not actually have a shrine in his room dedicated to the yellow Power Ranger.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I've never actually seen them mention Power Rangers, either. Probably one of those people who just can't stand tokusatsu being mentioned at all.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah. On the surface, it seems like a joke redtext that someone randomly bought for him, maybe in the context of some GBS thread where they were handing them out or whatever...but what if it's not? Maybe there actually was a heated Power Rangers-related discussion at some point in this forum's past, and someone got so mad that they bought this for him. I don't know. Like I said, my favorite type of redtext.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phlegmish posted:

Maybe there actually was a heated Power Rangers-related discussion at some point in this forum's past

Oh I doubt that goons would get dragged into a heated debate about 90s kids TV shows, that sounds very unlikely to me

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh I doubt that goons would get dragged into a heated debate about 90s kids TV shows, that sounds very unlikely to me

"Kids shows"? Listen, there are rich themes and subtle characterisation in these "kids shows" that are clearly intended for adult audiences. Or at least adults with a functioning brain.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

All redtexts and gangtags should have compulsory links back to the post or thread that created them

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've never actually seen them mention Power Rangers, either. Probably one of those people who just can't stand tokusatsu being mentioned at all.

The shame of the red text burns too hot for them to ever post about it again.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

“Gurps game” what the gently caress haha

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah. On the surface, it seems like a joke redtext that someone randomly bought for him, maybe in the context of some GBS thread where they were handing them out or whatever...but what if it's not? Maybe there actually was a heated Power Rangers-related discussion at some point in this forum's past, and someone got so mad that they bought this for him. I don't know. Like I said, my favorite type of redtext.

There's a handful of extended-goon-universe fake red texts like that. There's someone who was accused of having a recipe for spaghetti bolognese made with chopped pepperami with "more like BOLLOCKnese" in there

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ages ago in the libertarian thread in D&D there was a guy who continually ignored questions he couldn't answer. A guy asked him "why do you gently caress melons" then everybody refused to engage with him until he answered the question. Eventually he acquiesced. This answer then became his red text. I can't remember if it was jrod or Viktor.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ages ago in the libertarian thread in D&D there was a guy who continually ignored questions he couldn't answer. A guy asked him "why do you gently caress melons" then everybody refused to engage with him until he answered the question. Eventually he acquiesced. This answer then became his red text. I can't remember if it was jrod or Viktor.

well?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
You can gently caress melons but you can't elope with them

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Don't remember the actual red text, was hoping somebody else did.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

There's a handful of extended-goon-universe fake red texts like that. There's someone who was accused of having a recipe for spaghetti bolognese made with chopped pepperami with "more like BOLLOCKnese" in there

Assumed this was a typo for pepperoni and I was like "it's unconventional but throwing a little bit in at the beginning with the soffritto might not be a bad idea" but then I looked up what pepperami is and welp

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Don't remember the actual red text, was hoping somebody else did.

This is not the greatest red text in the forums- this is just a tribute.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

:xd:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Assumed this was a typo for pepperoni and I was like "it's unconventional but throwing a little bit in at the beginning with the soffritto might not be a bad idea" but then I looked up what pepperami is and welp

it's a bit of an animal

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

once upon a time I bought a red text for someone

in my defense they absolutely deserved it because they had gone off in a thread about a girl whose (cw: pet death, gruesome) therapy dog had been decapitated and its head left at her front door

fucker wouldn't stop speculating about how the poor girl with ptsd and depression must have done something to provoke the psycho who brutally killed her dog, like they were emotionally invested in it being her fault

so I bought them a red text that, at least as of a couple of years ago, they still had

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

:mad:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It was jrod, but his original account seems to be permae'd (:rip: in piss) and I can't remember what his reregs were called :eng99:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:hydrogen: Nnnnnnnnnnnope. :hydrogen:

barfbagmcfartbombs posted:

I posted about 2 pages worth of legitimate industry analysis. Somebody says "I'm full of poo poo", it's a dumb argument to begin with. My points were all reinforced with empirical descriptions of great boxers of our era, and if anyone would like me to elaborate or give analysis or breakdowns on technique. I'd be more than happy to do so. My major point was that if people took the time to learn more about boxing technique they wouldn't be victims to the hype of simplistic fighters, apparently no one got it, or took the time to read it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

All redtexts and gangtags should have compulsory links back to the post or thread that created them
I feel the same about thread titles, i.e. the OP should at least be kept updated with the source of the most recent one.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FFT posted:

I feel the same about thread titles, i.e. the OP should at least be kept updated with the source of the most recent one.

:ok:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just add it to goon.xls like a normal person

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

I don't mean to rain on the parade that you are so thoroughly enjoying, but you have posted a series of these random bans from 2013-2014. Can I ask how and why? Are you just clicking randomly through old archived threads and finding things you find funny to repost here? Again I'm not raining on your parade, I'm just curious how this came to be.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BigHead posted:

I don't mean to rain on the parade that you are so thoroughly enjoying, but you have posted a series of these random bans from 2013-2014. Can I ask how and why? Are you just clicking randomly through old archived threads and finding things you find funny to repost here? Again I'm not raining on your parade, I'm just curious how this came to be.

He's been doing it for literal years, might as well ask why a rock falls or a flower blooms

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

EorayMel posted:

Contact Mike could lay out any simplistic boxer.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

BigHead posted:

I and other goons like (re)discovering the stupid/banal/funny poo poo that people got banned for in the dark old ages of SA, as a mod or admin saw the posts in question and deemed it too vile to exist without a :10bux: tax, often with deep soul-scarring trauma at not seeing the shift key properly used and considering a 10-entry rapsheet of mostly sixers to be The Worst Thing Ever Justifying The Nuclear Permaban option, which makes the posts in question funny enough to go here and makes the forums archeology worth it OP :tipshat:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

EorayMel posted:

I and other goons like (re)discovering the stupid/banal/funny poo poo that people got banned for in the dark old ages of SA, as a mod or admin saw the posts in question and deemed it too vile to exist without a :10bux: tax, often with deep soul-scarring trauma at not seeing the shift key properly used and considering a 10-entry rapsheet of mostly sixers to be The Worst Thing Ever Justifying The Nuclear Permaban option, which makes the posts in question funny enough to go here and makes the forums archeology worth it OP :tipshat:

Especially considering what it takes to catch a ban these days.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Mods had ban KPIs like cops so toward the end of the month they're just looking for excuses

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the pyf ban thread was disallowed so its content was simply transplanted, wet and dripping and wholesale, to this one

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My favorite redtext was actually in green, and was something like "this poster has extremely serious and lengthy opinions about Final Fantasy gunblades, please be aware of this before you interact with them," which you know is some poo poo that really happened somewhere in Games

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

EorayMel posted:

Thank you for your service. :hai:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Going through old posts and seeing people you posted with for years who got banned is sad. Or people who aren’t banned but they’re just stopped posting one day for some reason. Like where did they go? What happened to them? As someone who works from home and has social anxiety, 95% of my interactions with other people are through this site and it makes me curious and, dare I say, wistful. I just…I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Going through old posts and seeing people you posted with for years who got banned is sad. Or people who aren’t banned but they’re just stopped posting one day for some reason. Like where did they go? What happened to them? As someone who works from home and has social anxiety, 95% of my interactions with other people are through this site and it makes me curious and, dare I say, wistful. I just…I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them

oldmemoryless