Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I enjoy living vicariously through Youtubers digging questionable tunnels under their own homes, who can say whether that is good or bad?

I haven't tried MethTube yet, it looks ok but overprodcued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZeaBq1eseU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Why does everyone ITT fawn over the tool gifs water mark when water marking content you don't create is usually very frowned upon especially on SA?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The old ways are dead. This is the new poster's way, grandpa.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

dev null posted:

Why does everyone ITT fawn over the tool gifs water mark when water marking content you don't create is usually very frowned upon especially on SA?

Cause they're slick and done in a cool way imo

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I say let the lady dig
She has a special interest in dangerous tunnels and it shouldn't be stifled.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dev null posted:

Also to the best of my knowledge I haven't seen any that have had original watermarks removed. Also the understood conceit is that they aren't claiming they produced the content, only curated it. The frowned on watermarking comes from sites like Ebaum's world watermarking and claiming it was produced there.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So when the authorities catch wind of a project like that, do they just backfill the hole with spoil? Or do they have to do a bunch of special poo poo to make sure the ground settles properly? I assume whatever they do, they send all the invoices to the tunnel lady?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vampire Panties posted:

Cooking meth is safer and can generate a profit

What else do you think she's going to do with a large secret room 20 feet underground?

Gus Fring just didn't put his build up on tiktok

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Vampire Panties posted:

also this is a fantastic way to kill yourself and totally gently caress up the neighborhood. Cooking meth is safer and can generate a profit

OSHA: Cooking meth is safer and can generate a profit

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

So when the authorities catch wind of a project like that, do they just backfill the hole with spoil? Or do they have to do a bunch of special poo poo to make sure the ground settles properly? I assume whatever they do, they send all the invoices to the tunnel lady?

IME standard method for backfilling an unwanted tunnel is to fill it up with CLSM.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

My guess is they're gonna condemn the house until she pays some fee and has someone fill it all back in or something.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

They lock her in her new basement and slowly fill it with concrete

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

haveblue posted:

What else do you think she's going to do with a large secret room 20 feet underground?

Gus Fring just didn't put his build up on tiktok

He also hired professionals!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I say let the lady dig

Maybe someday she and Colin Furze can meet when their tunnels intersect

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Skippy McPants posted:

They hire these guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyDt4qXTjBM

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I hope she posts an update, I’ve been watching out of morbid curiosity.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
jesse, we need to tunnel.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thehandtruck posted:

jesse, we need to tunnel.

Yeah science, ditch!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

dev null posted:

because they put effort into making neat and non-intrusive ones as opposed to throwing up a url and resampling the image into a noisy mess

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Like when someone artfully writes their name in pee on your snowy lawn, rather than just pooping on your doorstep

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Even the bridge wasn’t in great shape, I hate that this happened: “The 14 ton machine fell through Hammond River No 2 Bridge, with a posted weight limit of 12 tons, early Oct. 5 while trying to carry a load of wood.
The contractor, Gary McKinney Construction, was hired by DTI to assist crews in replacing the deck of the bridge, built in 1912.”

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3821177

Ultimately the bridge was replaced with a modular one.

Oof, a 12 ton bridge shouldn't fail at 14 + load ton already. Especially because an excavator spreads out the load quite nicely.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol groverhole

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Uthor posted:

OSHA: Cooking meth is safer and can generate a profit

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Should have just lowered the taxiway.

https://x.com/aviationbrk/status/1740730273258774861?s=20

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I can't abide the sing-songy way she narrates her videos.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kenning posted:

their accent is baffling

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 29, 2023

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

gently caress SNEEP posted:

They lock her in her new basement and slowly fill it with concrete

For the love of God, Inspector!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kenning posted:

Is that actually her voice? I thought it was a tiktok AI voice

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think she is narrating live but thinks that the hosed-up robot voice is how tiktoks are supposed to sound.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

lmao "software engineer"

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
soft rear end looking walls

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Captain Invictus posted:

lol groverhole

that word isn't in the bible

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Groda posted:

lmao "software engineer"

To be fair, you can get certified as a Software Engineer by IEEE but I’ve never seen it listed on a job requirement (though I work in games and we just pretend to be professionals anyway).

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

half an hour of the Baghdad traffic experience:

https://youtu.be/0smQI3C6lX8

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Just have a bunch of people sit on it and compress the shocks and it'll get through OK

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I say let the lady dig

her own grave.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/7LDMyUP.mp4

That mower went doody in the pool.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If it were me I'd design it so the mower stops if you step off of it

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I say let the lady dig

You want balrogs? Because poo poo like this is exactly how you end up with a balrog infestation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Scholtz posted:

If it were me I'd design it so the mower stops if you step off of it

If I was using your lawnmower I'd figure out how to bypass the dead man's switch.