Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Browns aren't going to win the Super Bowl.

They are easily the right team to root for until they lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s going to be very funny when they lose do to Flacco throwing four picks tho

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

mcmagic posted:

There aren't a lot of great choices to root for in the AFC this year. That said, I'd suggest literally any team that didn't give $230M to a serial rapist.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s going to be very funny when they lose do to Flacco throwing four picks tho

It takes an elite QB to throw four picks in the super bowl

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

mcmagic posted:

Lions, BINCH

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lions, BINCH

I could kinda root for the lions because of Aaron Glenn but I find Campbell's act a little grating.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Q_res posted:

There aren't a lot of great choices to root for in the AFC this year. That said, I'd suggest literally any team that didn't give $230M to a serial rapist.

Is there a problem with the Ravens or

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

a neat cape posted:

Best option in the AFC this year. Only two problems, they're so good it feels like front-running and I always feel dirty rooting for a stolen team.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

Ravens and Lamar suck rear end. They're the Chargers of the East coast. I'm tired of hearing all the hype around them only for them to fizzle out. Admittedly, they stick around longer than the Chargers.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Woozie66 posted:

Ravens and Lamar suck rear end. They're the Chargers of the East coast. I'm tired of hearing all the hype around them only for them to fizzle out. Admittedly, they stick around longer than the Chargers.

Well the good news for the Ravens is the Titans didn’t make the playoffs this year :v:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

mcmagic posted:

I could kinda root for the lions because of Aaron Glenn but I find Campbell's act a little grating.

Yeah, good coaching tends to do that to some people but you get used to once you've had a decent one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

Love to root for the Haslam Watson Browns. They get rings too.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Campbell's act is a little grating, but the team harboring the leagues most prolific rapist is a-ok

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mcmagic posted:

I could kinda root for the lions because of Aaron Glenn

What

Bellmaker posted:

Well the good news for the Ravens is the Titans didn’t make the playoffs this year :v:

Even with how poo poo the Titans are, they'd still find a way to ruin the Ravens' season if they made it. We love to ruin each others' playoff runs.

This more than anything is why the Ravens will win the Super Bowl.

The Browns aren't going to win the Super Bowl.

Probably not, but they're one of four AFC teams that have a realistic chance to reach the Super Bowl (Ravens, Dolphins, Browns, Bills in that order), and once you reach the Super Bowl any crazy poo poo can happen. It ain't likely, but it"s the best chance they've had in decades, so might as well embrace it!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Browns are going to win the Super Bowl.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Bucs getting one with Baker would be great content

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodoze posted:

hell, same.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

But I like the Chargers

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nodoze posted:

gently caress it, I'd allow it. If anything, it shows that Tom Brady could have easily been replaced with Baker Mayfield and the Bucs would have still won a Super Bowl.

Plus I'd love to see a world where Baker Mayfield wins a ring. It'd even be a nice "gently caress you!" to Haslam.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Q_res posted:

There aren't a lot of great choices to root for in the AFC this year.

Wrong. Lamar is the most exciting player in Football. Joe Flacco led Browns are an awesome story. Bills deserve a championship 30 times over.

As for the Watson issue. The money is spent, he gets embarrassed in front of the world by clearly being the reason the Browns weren't a serious contender before, and everyone should hate the management of every NFL team. If you don't think each team has done something as bad but less public you are living in unreality.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bills deserve a championship 30 times over.

No one deserves anything

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

No one deserves anything

That move to LA has given you a bit of a Nihilistic bent.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

a neat cape posted:

No one deserves anything

I deserve anything.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

No one deserves anything

Still butthurt over those AFL championships huh?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Still butthurt over those AFL championships huh?

I like the Bills. Not sure why you'd think otherwise.

Players don't "deserve" anything just because they're good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah, good coaching tends to do that to some people but you get used to once you've had a decent one.

I didn't find Bill Parcells grating as Jets coach.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Life must suck being this unfun

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

Players don't "deserve" anything just because they're good.

Even if you don't think players do, what about fans?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Even if you don't think players do, what about fans?

That means I deserve SOMETHING.

Which I will never get.

Because that's how it works

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The337th posted:

Campbell's act is a little grating, but the team harboring the leagues most prolific rapist is a-ok

I like the idea of Watson losing his job to Joe Flacco who I find it pretty easy to root for.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Which I will never get.

Jesus Ross...

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Which I will never get.

You'll take your disappointment and stress induced ulcers and like it :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Jesus Ross...

Sports have been especially cruel to me lately ok

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I get it dude

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

I like the idea of Watson losing his job to Joe Flacco who I find it pretty easy to root for.

Unless we can find a sucker team that isnt going to happen.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

Which I will never get.

expectations are the first step towards suffering, ross gets it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

a neat cape posted:

Which I will never get.

You do deserve something, tho

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flikken posted:

Unless we can find a sucker team that isnt going to happen.

Ehh the Broncos cut bait on Russ, I think if Stafanski wants to do the same with Watson this season is buying him the clout to do it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Teams that deserved rings have them, hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

Ehh the Broncos cut bait on Russ, I think if Stafanski wants to do the same with Watson this season is buying him the clout to do it.

Its doable with a post june 1st trade. If that happens its 18 mil in dead money in 2024 and 45 mil in dead money in 2025.

I wonder if we can do a Brock Osweiller style salary dump trade.