Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big LOL also at the fact that they bought an electric car without first thinking "do I have a reliable place to charge this?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

e: removed, it's probably too sad for the thread

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 29, 2023

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I know too many people who can only charge at work or the mall. They're everywhere.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ghost emoji posted:

WIBTA if I surprised my grandsons with a Disney World trip? (self.AmItheAsshole)

This one is funny because it's so clearly about what grandma wants and not what would be better for the kids. Grandma could cement her status as cool forever and ever if she showed up like a month or two after the kids went with the parents, and was like "hey children. Do you want ANOTHER trip to disney world???" Guarantee you the kids would flip their loving poo poo. But no it has to be about who gets to be the winner and get that coveted FIRST!!!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Big LOL also at the fact that they bought an electric car without first thinking "do I have a reliable place to charge this?"

This is like half my neighbors in my apartment complex right now. I don’t really understand it

Hybrid gang

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kender posted:

My ileostomy would fart all the damned time, and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

Omg I can't believe I forgot this but I had an ileostomy and after getting it reversed I had a wedding to go to that ended up being dry. I was there with a group of climbing guides and it was a super religious wedding that during the ceremony included the line "marriage is a room and the only exit is death."

So anyway sitting there I legit had one of my first farts in over six months and leaned over and told my friend I was finally farting. And all my friends congratulated me. Then we all got trashed in the parking lot cause holy poo poo it was a super awkward wedding. Also dancing wasn't allowed

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

Then we all got trashed in the parking lot cause holy poo poo it was a super awkward wedding. Also dancing wasn't allowed

Literally an alcoholic substance abuser

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for refusing to replace my flatmate's shoes and skirt she ruined while doing a chore.

quote:

I (27M) live with a flatmate (26F) who is also my friend.

She was leaving to go to some friends and was dressed up and had some fancy clothes on. As she was leaving, she asked me if there's any rubbish to take out in my room as she was going to take out the rubbish and place it in the building communal bins on the way out.

I was actually going to do this myself but since she offered I told her there's a bag of rubbish in my room and everything is already in the bag. She's done this for me before and knows that the bag can be somewhat heavy.

She didn't support the bag at the bottom and it broke and a some of the bottles inside the bag fell out and their caps burst. This made a really bad stench and her skirt and shoes were drenched in it.

She blamed me for it and said I owe her new shoes and a skirt and she showed me what they were on a website and while the skirt isn't too bad, the heels are ridiculously expensive. I refused and said she should have been a bit more careful.

She called me an AH and said I shouldn't be having such bottles in the bin even though she knew about that from before and even though she's since cleaned the shoes and they look alright she's acting more cold towards me.

A piss related chore occurred.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

AITA for refusing to replace my flatmate's shoes and skirt she ruined while doing a chore.

A piss related chore occurred.

OP posted:

She can and has used the shoes again. Once dried for a while, any bacteria isnt going to survive in an anhydrous environment.

People don't throw away their shoes if they step in dog poo or pee

OP also posted:

Normally the bottles are shut closed so it's not unsanitary and thrown away within a week.

You know you're winning at life when your arguments sidestep the appropriateness of peeing in bottles in favor of claiming that peeing in bottles isn't that disgusting or unsanitary, actually

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i drank tea this morning for non-medicinal purposes. substances abused: caffeine, spices, dairy

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i drank tea this morning for non-medicinal purposes. substances abused: caffeine, spices, dairy

I’ve been slamming dihydrogen monoxide all morning, I’m addicted

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I don't get what kind of bottle has the cap 'burst' just tumbling out of a torn trash bag at most like two feet to the ground. Milk jugs full of urine or dip?

Anything with a screw top of any kind would not 'burst'.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that one is fake.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rescue Toaster posted:

I don't get what kind of bottle has the cap 'burst' just tumbling out of a torn trash bag at most like two feet to the ground. Milk jugs full of urine or dip?

Anything with a screw top of any kind would not 'burst'.

what if the bottle was under pressure due to fermentation

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I mean I was a college aged rock and ice climbing guide, the alcoholic substance abuser part is just assumed

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Captain Hygiene posted:

You know you're winning at life when your arguments sidestep the appropriateness of peeing in bottles in favor of claiming that peeing in bottles isn't that disgusting or unsanitary, actually

she should take him to small claims court just to get him to say this poo poo to a judge. win or lose, that transcript's gonna be priceless

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

What the gently caress, they were actual pissbottles???

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Even the guy with piss jugs and cum shirts in the attic knew to be embarrassed by it.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

wait till she does his laundry and finds the poopsocks

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
One time my ex boyfriend and I were having one of the last of our one billion fights and he left but not before bringing in a half empty bottle of wine from his car and setting it on the counter. And even though I was mad I thought it was kind of nice for him, as a raging alcoholic, to leave me a little alcohol since he'd drank all of mine. Of course later when I took a swig it was NOT wine and I don't even know why I was surprised because this was like the fourth time I'd accidentally drank his goddamn piss, anyway I put it in the trash can but later when I took the trash out I dropped the bag and the wine bottle exploded and ripped through it.

So maybe something like that happened?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

:gonk:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, something like that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A bottle of piss in your kitchen is not really an "I'll take it outside later" problem

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
AITA for Cursing Out a Bath and Body Works Employee? (self.AmItheAsshole)

quote:

Throwaway account. I know how similar this sounds to the Winter Candy Apple Karen incident, but it's completely unrelated.

I was shopping for holiday gifts at Bath and Body Works, specifically looking for their winter scents. Like the Bath and Body Works Karen, I also wanted Winter Candy Apple, so I called ahead to check if they had it in stock. I've checked their online store before, but it's not always accurate.

A woman answered the phone and confirmed that they had single wick Winter Candy Apple candles in stock. I asked her how many they had, and she replied, "Three." I then requested her to reserve two for me, to which she responded enthusiastically, "Absolutely!" We exchanged the necessary details, and I hung up, thinking everything was great.

I headed over to Bath and Body Works, but when I arrived, the store was annoyingly crowded, even though it wasn't close to Christmas. I couldn't find any Winter Candy Apple candles on the shelf, so I approached the register and said, "Hi, I spoke to someone on the phone to reserve two candles." The employee had the audacity to say, "Oh shoot," and giggled while looking back at her coworker. She then admitted, "That was me you talked to. I honestly got sidetracked and forgot, and we already sold your candles to someone else."

I was a little upset because I had to deal with bad traffic to get to the store, which wasn't close to where I live. So I said, "What was the point of even answering the phone if you forget so quickly?" She turned around to her coworker and said, "This bitch."

That's when I lost my temper and yelled, "Don't call me a bitch when you can't even do your loving job! You had the simplest task and couldn't even handle that, you dumb bitch!"

The manager, who was in the back rearranging things, heard the commotion and said, "Get out of the store, and don't come back," while pointing towards the door.

I left the store, but I assume I'm probably banned or something now. I know I'm probably an rear end in a top hat, but who is more of an rear end in a top hat in this situation?

and another thing: im not Karen. please dont put in the reddit that i went Karen.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

artsy fartsy posted:

One time my ex boyfriend and I were having one of the last of our one billion fights and he left but not before bringing in a half empty bottle of wine from his car and setting it on the counter. And even though I was mad I thought it was kind of nice for him, as a raging alcoholic, to leave me a little alcohol since he'd drank all of mine. Of course later when I took a swig it was NOT wine and I don't even know why I was surprised because this was like the fourth time I'd accidentally drank his goddamn piss, anyway I put it in the trash can but later when I took the trash out I dropped the bag and the wine bottle exploded and ripped through it.

Excellent av/post agreement

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

😬

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pomme de Terror posted:

the 'wet rear end pizza' mum

ghost emoji posted:

the Winter Candy Apple Karen incident

The Redditor ego structure does not seem to allow what we normally think of as self-identity. Their ability to abstract is highly unusual. They seem to communicate through narrative imagery by reference to the individuals and places which appear in their mytho-historical accounts.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

The Redditor ego structure does not seem to allow what we normally think of as self-identity. Their ability to abstract is highly unusual. They seem to communicate through narrative imagery by reference to the individuals and places which appear in their mytho-historical accounts.

Doogie's dog house

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

Accidentally dining piss once is once too many

e: not fixing that swype typo

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

artsy fartsy posted:

Of course later when I took a swig it was NOT wine and I don't even know why I was surprised because this was like the fourth time I'd accidentally drank his goddamn piss...

Piss me once, shame on you.
Piss me twice, shame on you.
Piss me thrice, shame on you.
Piss me four times, however...

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Next I'm hoping to find someone who doesn't wipe his rear end, do you think there's a Hinge prompt for that?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
how about a guy who wipes his rear end but he stuffs the paper into mountain dew bottles afterwards

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mushmouth posted:

Ooh where'd you get those? My mom has difficulty with temperature regulation and I'd like to get her something like this!

i just got them from amazon, I guess as people discussed it's really just some synthetic material called "viscose", I have no idea how much actual bamboo is in it, these are the ones I got

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7XZMB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

they are very soft and comfy tho so idk

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

artsy fartsy posted:

Next I'm hoping to find someone who doesn't wipe his rear end, do you think there's a Hinge prompt for that?

There are tons of them on reddit, or at least tons of women apparently dating/marrying them...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ghost emoji posted:

AITA for Cursing Out a Bath and Body Works Employee? (self.AmItheAsshole)

and another thing: im not Karen. please dont put in the reddit that i went Karen.

Reminded me of this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2tue_UHDWE&t=12s

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
AITA for losing my company a client because I was wearing a hat in the meeting? (self.AmItheAsshole)

quote:

So, I work in marketing for a pretty new startup, and we were on the brink of closing a massive deal with a potential client—a deal that could've been a game-changer for us. I had been working on this for months, and the final meeting was set. Now, here's the catch: for me, wearing my favourite hat has always been a way to express my personality, and it’s never been an issue before. So, when I had a crucial video meeting with a potential client, I didn’t think twice about keeping it on.

I figured it wouldn’t be a big deal to wear it, especially since it was a video call. But the moment I turned on my camera, everything changed. The client, who seemed pretty traditional, immediately honed in on my hat. They started making passive-aggressive comments about my attire, implying that it was unprofessional and disrespectful.

I tried to brush it off, but their attitude kept worsening throughout the meeting. It got to a point where they outright said they were reconsidering doing business with us because of my choice of headwear. I was torn—I didn’t want to jeopardize the deal, but I also didn't think my hat should matter that much in a business discussion.

In the end, tensions rose, and the client abruptly ended the meeting, leaving us hanging. The co-founders were furious, saying I should've just taken the hat off to salvage the situation. But to me, it felt like sacrificing a part of myself just to please a client who might not respect our work ethic anyway.

Now, there's tension at the office, with some saying I'm to blame for potentially losing the deal, while others think the client's reaction was unfair. Am I the arsehole for sticking to my guns and refusing to take off my hat, even if it meant potentially losing a huge client?

EDIT: There's a couple people asking what hat it is - it's just a navy baseball cap with my university logo on it

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My hat with a corporate logo on it is an extremely important expression of my personality.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Karen, When the Nonwhite Children Swam

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hold the awards show, last minute Parent Of The Year contender coming in!

AITA for thinking that my daughter spitting on her sisters food is just normal sibling stuff?

quote:

I was making a huge brunch for my family. I was plating the food and handed my 11 year old daughter a plate to take to my 15 year old daughter in the next room. When she thought no one was looking she spit in the food and handed it to her sister. My husband saw it and made sure it didn’t get eaten. My husband is reeling and thinks that my daughter needs serious consequences. I think she needs consequences but don’t think it’s as big of a deal as he does. I think it’s gross , but kind of “normal” for siblings. Just curious what other peoples opinions are. AITAH ?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i feel like i'm sacrificing part of my self-expression just to conduct business!!

yeah dipshit, it's called professionalism. that's like, literally the definition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ghost emoji posted:

AITA for losing my company a client because I was wearing a hat in the meeting? (self.AmItheAsshole)

didnt this one get posted a while ago?