Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Agents are GO! posted:

Can't go that way, roads sealed.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

PM me

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dude, self checkout.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

T O E S

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i watched the thing ten times. i feel like some kid who just saw the moonwalk for the first time and can't parse it

Fun fact, Michael Jackson did not invent, develop or improve upon the moonwalk. He stole it from Jeffrey Daniel from Shalamar did. During the press run for their hit “a night to remember” they were to perform on top of the pops in the UK but due to flight related issues, only daniels made it and rather than cancel, he said ge’d do a routine to the playback. Which was entirely a mime routine that he bolted on a step which he had recently came up with.

https://youtu.be/END_WYdf8pw?si=Ojt5J6uU3n4MDs2W

MJ saw it and to his credit he did ask if he could use it from Daniel’s. He said yes and thus created the entire moonwalker franchise including tv and film options, merchandise, and more than one version of video game.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012

J O E S

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

Lobok posted:

Hopefully d'Artagnan was spared.

he wasnt one the tree musketeers

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ChubbyChecker posted:

he wasnt one the tree musketeers

Is that a typo, a pun, or are you just Jamaican? I know he's not one of the 3, that's why I hoped the carnage didn't extend to him.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Basic Poster posted:

Fun fact, Michael Jackson did not invent, develop or improve upon the moonwalk. He stole it from Jeffrey Daniel from Shalamar did.

Jeffrey Daniel did not invent the moonwalk. Cab Calloway was doing it in the 30s and it's decades older than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7VymwHLmo

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Phanatic posted:

Jeffrey Daniel did not invent the moonwalk. Cab Calloway was doing it in the 30s and it's decades older than that.

Yep and loads of others. I mean that MJ took it directly from Daniel as thats where he saw it according to accounts and did contact daniels for permission to use it and later paid him to show him how.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
holy heck thank you to everyone for the moonwalk history.

i love the arcade game 🥹

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm old enough to remember people doing the moonwalk before MJ did it. But it was lost in a sea of incredible dance moves bursting on the scene with all the breakdancing. But I distinctly remember MJ doing it and me thinking while that's not the first time I've seen that, nobody came close to MJ in moonwalking quality

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm old enough to remember people doing the moonwalk before MJ did it. But it was lost in a sea of incredible dance moves bursting on the scene with all the breakdancing. But I distinctly remember MJ doing it and me thinking while that's not the first time I've seen that, nobody came close to MJ in moonwalking quality

I think the guy upthread was way better at it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What about Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Aire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Md5lPyuvsk

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Also to be fair to MJ, Daniel's Shalamar performance upthread is the dorkiest thing I've ever seen

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
MJ did it better tho

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scratch Monkey posted:

MJ did it better tho

Spidemans girlfriend? She's not really known for it at all.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
My great grandfather saw Bobson Dugnutt moonwalk on a Mississippi paddle steamer in 1894.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Phanatic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7VymwHLmo

Jesus there's a lot of breakdancing moves in that video

I feel so ignorant of history

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/qGsUiAf.mp4

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I think you'll all find that history only remembers Neil Armstrong being the first person to moonwalk

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
And Buzz for punching the first moon denier

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

I think you'll all find that history only remembers Neil Armstrong being the first person to moonwalk

You're thinking of Louis Armstrong, who could often be found playing the trumpet while people did the moonwalk but never actually moonwalked himself.

Neil Armstrong is famous for using performance enhancing drugs to win the moonwalk de france.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Cuts off just at the perfect moment

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cocaine Bear posted:

Dude, self checkout.

I think maybe that's him hiding a Christmas present from his kid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyperlynx posted:

gently caress you could be a lawyer

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Armstrong is such a silly rear end name when you think about it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

credburn posted:

A variant of the ARM processor back in the 90s was called the StrongARM.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

credburn posted:

His full name is Armstrong-Legsweak and it was an early warning about skipping leg day

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

credburn posted:

If it was, it'd be Asssilly.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Amphigory posted:

His full name is Armstrong-Legsweak and it was an early warning about skipping leg day

That’s why he had to use the ‘roids

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

I just hope he got away with anything he could carry out of Walmart

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

root beer posted:

That’s why he had to use the ‘roids

Did he have to rear end the roids though?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

freeedr posted:

I just hope he got away with anything he could carry out of Walmart

He was gunned down by a Walmart security done in the parking lot.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

He was gunned down by a Walmart security done in the parking lot.

My grandpa died at Walmart
…he fell out of a guard tower

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

domhal posted:

My great grandfather saw Bobson Dugnutt moonwalk on a Mississippi paddle steamer in 1894.

Was he wearing an onion in his belt?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
where did mj steal the turning into a car move from?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

where did mj steal the turning into a car move from?

The go bots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that was turbo teen