Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waffleman_ posted:

I would love for my Gundams to be toxic as hell

That's 00 Gundam with the knockoff GN Drives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Deviant posted:

my partner's parents got me one of those single sheet metal earth models for xmas, and i am trying but hoo boy is this thing not the best

I've always been curious about those but yeah I've always kinda assumed they wouldn't go together as well as they do on the packaging

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Gripweed posted:

I've always been curious about those but yeah I've always kinda assumed they wouldn't go together as well as they do on the packaging

in between that post and this one i overfolded a piece a tiny bit and it broke.

gently caress this thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gripweed posted:

I kind of dig them myself but you need to buy two kits because you will snap some part in two.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

I kind of dig them myself but you need to buy two kits because you will snap some part in two.

Deviant posted:

in between that post and this one i overfolded a piece a tiny bit and it broke.

gently caress this thing.

its in the trash now.

onward to the PGU RX-78-2, my large adult son. except that i ordered the delpi decals and they need to ship from loving BUSAN.

now that this guy is done (until my fin funnel kit comes in, because my dollies need their own dollies)

Deviant fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 30, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wish that they'd make an HG kit of the Gustav Karl suit from Hathaway. It looks so much nicer than the Unicorn version.

Maybe it'll release whenever Hathaway 2 is finished.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant remember what a Gustav Karl is and I looked it up and I thought 'hm, those legs would be good in a Prodoros kitbash'. I've got problems.

Edit: lol no the prices on that kit are ridic

---

Because I'm on a bit of a macross kick I thought I'd check out videos and reviews of how Hasegawa kits are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ7yqikMyQA

This is 15 minutes of pure pain as the builder cries and fixes up all the janky bits (the entire kit)

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 30, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

I cant remember what a Gustav Karl is and I looked it up and I thought 'hm, those legs would be good in a Prodoros kitbash'. I've got problems.

Edit: lol no the prices on that kit are ridic

That's just because it's between print runs. There should be more come Hathaway 2, given the way reprints usually work, which'll drop the prices back down.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Because I'm on a bit of a macross kick I thought I'd check out videos and reviews of how Hasegawa kits are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ7yqikMyQA

This is 15 minutes of pure pain as the builder cries and fixes up all the janky bits (the entire kit)

"Production of legs, this also requires fighting spirit" ain't that the fuckin truth, i'm still not sure how im gonna get the little turbines in the legs now that they're fully cemented

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Been a while since I actually finished off some gunpla, but I've now completed the RG Epyon. Pretty cool build. Wings were a bit of a pain in the rear end when I made a mistake on one of them and had to pry it apart without breaking pegs though.

Next project: the Zeta ver Ka I picked up in Tokyo on the cheap.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
in awe at the size of this lad

absolute unit

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Broke down and got the HG V2 Assault Buster Gundam and HG L-Gaim.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Just finished (finally!) my HG Zaku II with RG waterslides! :toot:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

in awe at the size of this lad

absolute unit

Keep this lad away from the entomologically inclined

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Just one more Armed Armor to make and it'll be finished, although I nailed my thumb with a knife so I'm not overly keen on doing all those decals.

Also the lights on one leg completely died, but I'm not buying a second kosmos kit just to swap it out so eh.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BisbyWorl posted:

Just one more Armed Armor to make and it'll be finished, although I nailed my thumb with a knife so I'm not overly keen on doing all those decals.

Also the lights on one leg completely died, but I'm not buying a second kosmos kit just to swap it out so eh.

Dare you to mount it atop that horse.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

Word of warning, it's a bitch to transform into Unicorn mode because it's not very obvious when you're supposed to stop. The legs were annoying.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Help, I was researching gunpla to give my husband something for christmas and in doing so managed to pick up the hobby myself

Now three HG kits have not only appeared but have assembled themselves and have taken over the shelf (HG Schwarzette was first, then HG Aerial and HG Infinite Justice)
Waiting in the wings, HG Michaelis with HG Calibarn, HG Lfrith (Recirculation, Black and Neon Pink) and finally MG Full Armour Thunderbolt Ver. Ka

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sorry there's no help for you now

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Iymarra posted:

Help, I was researching gunpla to give my husband something for christmas and in doing so managed to pick up the hobby myself

Now three HG kits have not only appeared but have assembled themselves and have taken over the shelf (HG Schwarzette was first, then HG Aerial and HG Infinite Justice)
Waiting in the wings, HG Michaelis with HG Calibarn, HG Lfrith (Recirculation, Black and Neon Pink) and finally MG Full Armour Thunderbolt Ver. Ka

You have Gunplus Disease now. Gunpla will propagate and multiply through your home. There is no treatment, there is only more Gunpla.

Also what did your husband get if those are your own?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Iymarra posted:

Ahh, you need some help? I suggest perusing the kits on this site: http://dalong.net/

Use the navigation at the very top of the site to view different sets of kits. Also, don't forget to click "English Catalog" to get the English names of each suit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Iymarra posted:

Witch From Mercury had some real cool designs, I'm still waiting for my recirculation black and blue Aerial to ship, myself. Did you ever wind up getting one for your husband?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Nuebot posted:

Witch From Mercury had some real cool designs, I'm still waiting for my recirculation black and blue Aerial to ship, myself. Did you ever wind up getting one for your husband?

this aint about him

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well not anymore.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Deviant posted:

this aint about him

this is like that twitter thread with the lady who watched all of Witch in 24 hours and left after episode 12 to go buy an Aerial kit lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

happy new year model dorks. I first really got into this stuff this past year and have been having a lot of fun and am grateful for the advice I've gotten itt

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MillennialVulcan posted:

and left after episode 12 to go buy an Aerial kit lmao

This was a good decision; the HG Aerials are really good kits. I just finished a PBandai Permet-score 6 Aerial and that's probably the best HG it I've ever made, and it's super poseable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Masking the whole thing took a hell of a lot of work and time. But I got to airbrushing up the main grey for the Regult. And I forgot to do the collar around the main guns anyway hahah, but oh well I've still got the brighter grey for the main face to do so I can tackle it then. Thats like the bulk of it done now. But then it'll just be the base coat. Decals and weathering and repairing mistakes will also be on the menu :v Just the basecoat makes it look like ive made huge progress though hahah

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Deviant posted:

this aint about him

But it'd be really funny if the answer was no.

mllaneza posted:

This was a good decision; the HG Aerials are really good kits. I just finished a PBandai Permet-score 6 Aerial and that's probably the best HG it I've ever made, and it's super poseable.

It doesn't hurt that they aren't particularly expensive either. Like, twelve to twenty bucks depending on where you're getting it from, and it's always tempting to just buy every kit from the WFM line when I see them because they're so stylish and cool.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Nuebot posted:

But it'd be really funny if the answer was no.

It was and it was phrased in a much funnier way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've always really liked the box art for the HG WfM kits, they have a nice clean layout and style.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Noticed that the schwarzette white runners are a bit whiter than I figured they'd be. Thought it would be a bit more like the stein narr version. Im wondering how difficult it would be to properly recolor them to grey.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mindblast posted:

Noticed that the schwarzette white runners are a bit whiter than I figured they'd be. Thought it would be a bit more like the stein narr version. Im wondering how difficult it would be to properly recolor them to grey.

just build the kit and then don't dust it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Azubah posted:

Word of warning, it's a bitch to transform into Unicorn mode because it's not very obvious when you're supposed to stop. The legs were annoying.

Yeah I settled for just doing two bits on the legs.

Also SD Banshee for scale.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Fun build, glad it came with a base cause the wings don't fold in well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vZZHB246U

New weathering method discovered

---

Phew, all the base layers done. Shading panel lines is much easier at this scale :v Next up, decals, weathering, spot touchups.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 2, 2024

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I got husband HG IBO Vidar and WFM Lfrith. Apparently he's built MG before (they are in storage) but hasn't built anything for a number of years.

Next on the build list : Michaelis, then Calibarn.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Synthbuttrange posted:

Phew, all the base layers done. Shading panel lines is much easier at this scale :v Next up, decals, weathering, spot touchups.
Looking good so far.

I always found it a little funny how the Regult eye looks like it's high af all the time

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

anyone know the name of the guy who puts the first water slide you need right in the center of the sheet?

i just wanna talk

edit: anyone have a good video for water slides using microsol/set?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Getting painting done on my Hasegawa Queadluun-Rau kit, Max's colors are coming out really nice.

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vZZHB246U

New weathering method discovered

---

gently caress yeah, Zentreadi!